Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239607 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2019, 12:55:53 AM »
They don't need to prewarn the suspect(s) or the public that would result in a media circus that could ruin an investigation!

Don't make the same mistake twice springs to mind!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2019, 12:57:20 AM »
They don't need to prewarn the suspect(s) or the public that would result in a media circus that could ruin an investigation!

And I agree again with you.
The police will know how best to run an investigation.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2019, 12:57:56 AM »
Is it my ignorance you are referring to?

I believe that you are ignorant of the direction that the investigation is taking. Am I wrong ?

We have two examples of the police proclaiming that individuals were not suspects when we know they were being investigated, Prout ( thank you Pathfinder) above and the parents in August 2007. You are in denial if you don’t think this again could be the case.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #303 on: April 05, 2019, 12:59:55 AM »

Indeed. Quietly I’m sure would be their preferance.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Erngath

« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2019, 01:00:12 AM »
I believe that you are ignorant of the direction that the investigation is taking. Am I wrong ?

We have two examples of the police proclaiming that individuals were not suspects when we know they were being investigated, Prout ( thank you Pathfinder) above and the parents in August 2007. You are in denial if you don’t think this again could be the case.

Which investigation?
And which direction is this investigation taking?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2019, 01:00:46 AM »
Indeed. Quietly I’m sure would be their preferance.

Of course.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2019, 01:00:57 AM »

Agreed and they use tactics just as smart and sneaky as the perp(s). Their job is to solve it and how they go about it is their call.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2019, 01:04:49 AM »
Which investigation?
And which direction is this investigation taking?

I thought you knew.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #308 on: April 05, 2019, 01:07:02 AM »
Agreed and they use tactics just as smart and sneaky as the perp(s). Their job is to solve it and how they go about it is their call.

Within the bounds of the law of course.
No intimidating or threatening or even beating suspects.
As long as the correct judicial guidelines are followed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 02:03:15 AM by Brietta »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #309 on: April 05, 2019, 01:08:09 AM »
I’ll leave you with this :

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/college-policing-says-forces-should-name-suspects-when-charged-not-when-arrested/

But at point of arrest, the ( College of Policing ) guidance says: "Decisions must be made on a case-by-case basis but, save in clearly identified circumstances, or where legal restrictions apply, the names or identifying details of those who are arrested or suspected of a crime should not be released by police forces to the press or the public."

Why do supporters think that this would not apply to the parents ?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2019, 01:08:45 AM »
I thought you knew.

No I believe that is your perogative.
You have indicated before that you know more than any of us on this forum.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #311 on: April 05, 2019, 01:26:39 AM »
No I believe that is your perogative.
You have indicated before that you know more than any of us on this forum.

I’m not sure where you got that idea from.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2019, 07:15:00 AM »
No sceptic has been able to explain exactly what aspect of the parents they think the police have been spending the last 8 years and £12 m investigating.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2019, 08:01:13 AM »
If there is all this evidence against the McCann's... Whyvare they not being investigated... Why have they not been interviewed under caution by either investigation

Offline barrier

« Reply #314 on: April 05, 2019, 08:32:38 AM »
If there is all this evidence against the McCann's... Whyvare they not being investigated... Why have they not been interviewed under caution by either investigation

Using that logic theres no evidence against anyone,thats why there's supposed to be ongoing investigations.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.