Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 242260 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #795 on: April 11, 2019, 08:51:41 PM »
Who were they going to demonstrate that to?  They were asked to vacate the apartment in the middle of the night.

I'm talking about Robelo's request for a reconstruction, a year later, which didn't take place, hence the investigation ended.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2039181/Madeleine-McCann-reconstruction-called-off-by-Portuguese-Police.html
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:57:31 PM by Eleanor »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #796 on: April 11, 2019, 08:55:55 PM »
Have you been following the mass shooting in NZ?  50 people dead and 40 or more wounded and the whole incident live streamed on Facebook.  A person caught 17 minutes after the incident started.

I'm struggling to presume him innocent.
#

Have you seen the video?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #797 on: April 11, 2019, 09:00:50 PM »
#

Have you seen the video?
No I haven't.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #798 on: April 11, 2019, 09:02:43 PM »
Off to watch the final episode of the Victim
Very involving of internet speculation?

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #799 on: April 11, 2019, 09:04:24 PM »
No I haven't.

I have. Would you like to see it?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #800 on: April 11, 2019, 09:06:58 PM »
I'm talking about Robelo's request for a reconstruction, a year later, which didn't take place, hence the investigation ended.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2039181/Madeleine-McCann-reconstruction-called-off-by-Portuguese-Police.html
I don't believe that there was any intention to have a reconstruction.   But because certain members of the Tapas 9 were in fear of what might happen they refused to attend.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #801 on: April 11, 2019, 09:08:06 PM »
I have. Would you like to see it?
Not really. 
Moderation

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #802 on: April 11, 2019, 09:12:13 PM »
I don't believe that there was any intention to have a reconstruction.   But because certain members of the Tapas 9 were in fear of what might happen they refused to attend.   

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/1584329/Madeleine-McCann-parents-asked-to-return-to-Portugal-for-reconstruction.html

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #803 on: April 11, 2019, 09:16:22 PM »
Not really.

You're missing out there.
I watched it twice. He certainly left his mark.
I think the MSM do a dis service in their censorship of events like these.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #804 on: April 11, 2019, 09:18:07 PM »
I did assume that it was to continue the investigation into their missing child.
What do you believe they were trying to achieve?

I have to say you puzzle me. I don't care what you believe or assume about the McCanns, their friends or the police.You can think what you like.

On the other hand you seem interested in learning and understanding why other people think what they think. When they tell you, however, you just reject their views out of hand. 

I get the impression that you're convinced that you're right and that anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong. I find that somewhat arrogant to be honest.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #805 on: April 11, 2019, 09:18:14 PM »
What part of 'no' at the beginning of the response is deflection?

And to be clear, I have admitted it's extenuating circumstances, under duress / pressure after innumerable banal interviews. I even yield to the fact that they never shy away from the scrutiny, particularly the first years. But I maintain that this specific reaction is at odds with the refutation of the impertinent question, given that he probably girded his loins knowing he would likely be asked.
What I find odd is that this interview, over a year after Madeleine’s disappearance, was the thing that you say triggered your disbelief, not all the other stuff that had already convinced most sceptics that they were as guilty as hell.  Was this interview your first encounter with the case?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #806 on: April 11, 2019, 09:25:04 PM »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/1584329/Madeleine-McCann-parents-asked-to-return-to-Portugal-for-reconstruction.html
"Senior Portuguese police are sitting in on the interviews but are not allowed to question anyone themselves. Over the next three days, they will interview all of the so-called Tapas Seven." 
So these events happened at the time of the rogatory interviews.

That article shows there were a lot of unresolved issues to be defined before the Tapas 9 would agree to a revisit to Portugal.  I don't think these issues were ever resolved. 
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #807 on: April 11, 2019, 09:29:57 PM »
What I find odd is that this interview, over a year after Madeleine’s disappearance, was the thing that you say triggered your disbelief, not all the other stuff that had already convinced most sceptics that they were as guilty as hell.  Was this interview your first encounter with the case?
I'll be honest, I didn't see any of this material contemporaneously really.
It's only after stumbling upon the rise of the Youtube sensationalist and pretend sleuths that I started digging. I've changed my point of view about 30 times. So when I chanced upon this I just thought.....'yeh, bit cringy that'.

The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #808 on: April 11, 2019, 09:32:11 PM »
"Senior Portuguese police are sitting in on the interviews but are not allowed to question anyone themselves. Over the next three days, they will interview all of the so-called Tapas Seven." 
So these events happened at the time of the rogatory interviews.

That article shows there were a lot of unresolved issues to be defined before the Tapas 9 would agree to a revisit to Portugal.  I don't think these issues were ever resolved.

The Tapas 7 asked for various assurances which Rebelo refused to give.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #809 on: April 11, 2019, 09:42:12 PM »
I'll be honest, I didn't see any of this material contemporaneously really.
It's only after stumbling upon the rise of the Youtube sensationalist and pretend sleuths that I started digging. I've changed my point of view about 30 times. So when I chanced upon this I just thought.....'yeh, bit cringy that'.
Fair enough.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly