Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239528 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #825 on: April 13, 2019, 10:15:28 AM »
Oh dear. I didn't intend to be personal or inappropriate. Please explain why you think that I was.
I can't tell you what the McCanns hoped to achieve because all I have to go on is what they said. I could, like some, believe eerything they say, but my scepticism makes that difficult for me. By definition sceptics don't believe, you see, they doubt.

Nothing wrong with 'doubting' that I can see.

That 'doubting' appears to become entrenched as part of 'Sceptics beliefs?' maintained over a twelve year period and is applicable to everything McCann and anyone associated with them however peripherally.

No doubts about Madeleine author Paulo Pereira Cristovao and no fora set up to excoriate him?  Nothing about another arguido the supreme court judges' ruling put in exactly the same basket as the McCanns?

What luxury it must be, being a selective 'doubter' and a selective 'sceptic'.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #826 on: April 13, 2019, 10:16:38 AM »
Why would the McCanns not be suspects, while burglar bill & Bobby Murat were???

Evidence, I'd imagine. There must be some definite evidence which rules the McCanns out.

I wonder what it is.

You have to believe that the police know more than you do! They haven't suggested there's evidence which rules the McCanns out, they've said there's no evidence which suggests their involvement. Anyone who thinks there is is making things up because they're nasty trolls. Any sensible person knows that the police know the truth, tell the truth and don't make mistakes. Have faith!
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #827 on: April 13, 2019, 10:22:45 AM »
Thank God I was born an optimist.  But just the luck of the draw.

I'm an optimist too.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #828 on: April 13, 2019, 10:43:19 AM »
Nothing wrong with 'doubting' that I can see.

That 'doubting' appears to become entrenched as part of 'Sceptics beliefs?' maintained over a twelve year period and is applicable to everything McCann and anyone associated with them however peripherally.

No doubts about Madeleine author Paulo Pereira Cristovao and no fora set up to excoriate him?  Nothing about another arguido the supreme court judges' ruling put in exactly the same basket as the McCanns?

What luxury it must be, being a selective 'doubter' and a selective 'sceptic'.
I believe nothing and no-one. Some people and things I don't believe, which isn't the same at all.
There's nothing selective about my scepticism I can assure you. I apply A B C  to everyone and everything. A lack of comment shouldn't be interpreted as approval or belief; it's more likely to signify lack of interest. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #829 on: April 13, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »
You have to believe that the police know more than you do! They haven't suggested there's evidence which rules the McCanns out, they've said there's no evidence which suggests their involvement. Anyone who thinks there is is making things up because they're nasty trolls. Any sensible person knows that the police know the truth, tell the truth and don't make mistakes. Have faith!

I think that exactly sums up the sceptics belief ... not so much in the police whose final report laid it on the line ... but in Amaral's beliefs which he formulated in 2007 and which remain the cornerstone for sceptics.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #830 on: April 13, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »
I believe nothing and no-one. Some people and things I don't believe, which isn't the same at all.
There's nothing selective about my scepticism I can assure you. I apply A B C  to everyone and everything. A lack of comment shouldn't be interpreted as approval or belief; it's more likely to signify lack of interest.

So you keep insisting ... while missing that what is posted is in danger of leading the reader to a different conclusion.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #831 on: April 13, 2019, 11:18:13 AM »
I'm an optimist too.

But only for your own sake.  My optimism applies to everything I do and think.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #832 on: April 13, 2019, 11:18:50 AM »
I think that exactly sums up the sceptics belief ... not so much in the police whose final report laid it on the line ... but in Amaral's beliefs which he formulated in 2007 and which remain the cornerstone for sceptics.

That is just your opinion - I think more common sense for obvious reasons.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #833 on: April 13, 2019, 11:25:04 AM »
That is just your opinion - I think more common sense for obvious reasons.

When starting a sentence with "I think" it means it is my opinion.

Perhaps you would care to elucidate yours as it is likely to throw a great deal more light on sceptics beliefs than mine ever could.

Offline jassi

« Reply #834 on: April 13, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »
So you keep insisting ... while missing that what is posted is in danger of leading the reader to a different conclusion.

Only in your opinion.  If outraged, why not take it up with the Sun ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #835 on: April 13, 2019, 11:27:05 AM »

I believe that Amaral saw a way to exonerate himself in The Cipriano Case.  Mothers kill their children.

How on God's earth he was allowed to run the investigation on Missing Madeleine McCann will always be a disgrace to Portugal.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #836 on: April 13, 2019, 11:34:09 AM »
Only in your opinion.  If outraged, why not take it up with the Sun ?

I thought that The Sun article was only a question.  Just to sell newspapers.  There are no accusations within the article.

Offline jassi

« Reply #837 on: April 13, 2019, 11:38:52 AM »
I thought that The Sun article was only a question.  Just to sell newspapers.  There are no accusations within the article.

In which case there is no need for anyone to get worked up about it - IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline kizzy

« Reply #838 on: April 13, 2019, 11:50:08 AM »
When starting a sentence with "I think" it means it is my opinion.

Perhaps you would care to elucidate yours as it is likely to throw a great deal more light on sceptics beliefs than mine ever could.

Yes, I know what it means - that why I put it.

As for elucidating - I speak for myself - I don't believe the mcs version of events.

As to list why - I haven't time to sit here all day.

One main belief as the title of the thread - I don't believe a word they say.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #839 on: April 13, 2019, 11:53:16 AM »
In which case there is no need for anyone to get worked up about it - IMO

I amn't worked up about it.   But I suppose that we have to talk about something.

Like Brietta, I believe totally in the Presumption of Innocence.  There would be No Law without that.