Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 242050 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #855 on: April 13, 2019, 02:34:06 PM »
I have done.

So you would have read this from Alan Pyke a crisis counsellor -

I would say that Kate e o Gerry were exhausted, anguished, confused, and angry for a few reasons, but namely with the lack of information. They were insecure as to how to help and with the lack of help and assistance. Their comportment did not surprise me. It was a comportment which I have witnessed a lot at times when a trauma is suffered. In my opinion, their reaction relative to the disappearance of Madeleine, as already stated above, was completely within the bounds of what one would expect of parents whose daughter was taken from them against their will.

Though you will know different,  you being an expert on how parents behave when their daughter disappears.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #856 on: April 13, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »

Just the same as I would think - putting your faith in the mcs

Hardly the same thing.  The McCanns do not have a criminal record of any kind.  While Amaral was convicted on more counts than one.

Offline The General

« Reply #857 on: April 13, 2019, 02:43:36 PM »
I think that exactly sums up the sceptics belief ... not so much in the police whose final report laid it on the line ... but in Amaral's beliefs which he formulated in 2007 and which remain the cornerstone for sceptics.
Amaral was the police.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #858 on: April 13, 2019, 02:48:08 PM »
I think the McCanns are entitled far more than the presumption of innocence based on the absence of evidence..

You are probably right, but I can only presume on The Rule of Law.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #859 on: April 13, 2019, 02:51:29 PM »
Amaral was the police.

Bloody Great.  God preserves us all.  Amaral was a self serving Copper who stood to make a lot of money.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #860 on: April 13, 2019, 02:52:37 PM »
I have done.

I am glad that you are back as well.

Offline The General

« Reply #861 on: April 13, 2019, 02:58:34 PM »
Bloody Great.  God preserves us all.  Amaral was a self serving Copper who stood to make a lot of money.
Are you insinuating, apart from his perceived incompetence, he was also corrupt?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #862 on: April 13, 2019, 03:18:09 PM »
So you keep insisting ... while missing that what is posted is in danger of leading the reader to a different conclusion.

I answer for myself. I have no intention of taking responsibility for anyone who misunderstands my posts or my intentions.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #863 on: April 13, 2019, 03:20:07 PM »
But only for your own sake.  My optimism applies to everything I do and think.

Sorry, I haven't the foggiest what you mean.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #864 on: April 13, 2019, 03:24:22 PM »
Are you insinuating, apart from his perceived incompetence, he was also corrupt?

Yes.  No insinuation.  Amaral was convicted of Perjury and sentenced to a Suspended Sentence.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #865 on: April 13, 2019, 03:30:40 PM »
I thought that The Sun article was only a question.  Just to sell newspapers.  There are no accusations within the article.

You are correct, it was just a question. It suggested nothing, required no answer and was completely and utterly pointless. That is my opinion and I think it needs highlighting that the newspaper in question doesn't exist to give information and opinions about current events and news. It's just a money-chasing waste of space rag imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #866 on: April 13, 2019, 03:41:47 PM »

First and ever foremost, I believe that all people are basically good.  I never assume that someone did something awful.  I always hope that they didn't.

But you see, I need proof before I go around inflicting even more pain on anyone who could be innocent.  I simply don't understand anyone who does.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #867 on: April 13, 2019, 03:47:10 PM »

I actually meant that like me, you are a tough old cookie.  Being married to HM Services isn't all that much fun.  So for your own sake you survive.

For your own sake.  I have never lost my ability to care about other people.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #868 on: April 13, 2019, 03:51:22 PM »
Nothing wrong with 'doubting' that I can see.

That 'doubting' appears to become entrenched as part of 'Sceptics beliefs?' maintained over a twelve year period and is applicable to everything McCann and anyone associated with them however peripherally.

No doubts about Madeleine author Paulo Pereira Cristovao and no fora set up to excoriate him?  Nothing about another arguido the supreme court judges' ruling put in exactly the same basket as the McCanns?

What luxury it must be, being a selective 'doubter' and a selective 'sceptic'.

You don't half post some rubbish- selective doubter and sceptic? what?

It really shouldn't bother you that much if people are doubting the words of others now should it? I mean who made you seem to think you are a higher authority.

People do not belive the McCanns version get yourself over it.

and what about this gem "I think that exactly sums up the sceptics belief ... not so much in the police whose final report laid it on the line ... but in Amaral's beliefs which he formulated in 2007 and which remain the cornerstone for sceptics".

I THINK  you will find that what YOU think is rubbish. Amaral had nothing to do with people doubting the McCanns. That is the McCann defence= attack
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #869 on: April 13, 2019, 03:56:06 PM »
You don't half post some rubbish- selective doubter and sceptic? what?

It really shouldn't bother you that much if people are doubting the words of others now should it? I mean who made you seem to think you are a higher authority.

People do not belive the McCanns version get yourself over it.

and what about this gem "I think that exactly sums up the sceptics belief ... not so much in the police whose final report laid it on the line ... but in Amaral's beliefs which he formulated in 2007 and which remain the cornerstone for sceptics".

I THINK  you will find that what YOU think is rubbish. Amaral had nothing to do with people doubting the McCanns. That is the McCann defence= attack

Yes!  Yes!  Yes!   8@??)( 8@??)(
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future