Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239536 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #870 on: April 13, 2019, 03:59:53 PM »
I actually meant that like me, you are a tough old cookie.  Being married to HM Services isn't all that much fun.  So for your own sake you survive.

For your own sake.  I have never lost my ability to care about other people.

You think I have lost my ability to care about others? What on earth makes you think that?. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline kizzy

« Reply #871 on: April 13, 2019, 04:04:02 PM »
So you would have read this from Alan Pyke a crisis counsellor -

I would say that Kate e o Gerry were exhausted, anguished, confused, and angry for a few reasons, but namely with the lack of information. They were insecure as to how to help and with the lack of help and assistance. Their comportment did not surprise me. It was a comportment which I have witnessed a lot at times when a trauma is suffered. In my opinion, their reaction relative to the disappearance of Madeleine, as already stated above, was completely within the bounds of what one would expect of parents whose daughter was taken from them against their will.

Though you will know different,  you being an expert on how parents behave when their daughter disappears.

I would say that Kate e o Gerry were exhausted, anguished, confused, and angry for a few reasons, but namely with the lack of information.

Oh, a few reasons - not because Maddie was missing. namely lack of information.

You don't have to be an expert - as I said Maddie had gone one way or the other.

The grief would be the same - abducted or if they were involved. imo

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #872 on: April 13, 2019, 04:07:12 PM »
First and ever foremost, I believe that all people are basically good.  I never assume that someone did something awful.  I always hope that they didn't.

But you see, I need proof before I go around inflicting even more pain on anyone who could be innocent.  I simply don't understand anyone who does.

That sounds absolutely lovely if you gave everyone the benefit of the doubt, but in my opinion you don't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #873 on: April 13, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »

I would say that Kate e o Gerry were exhausted, anguished, confused, and angry for a few reasons, but namely with the lack of information.

Oh, a few reasons - not because Maddie was missing. namely lack of information.

You don't have to be an expert - as I said Maddie had gone one way or the other.

The grief would be the same - abducted or if they were involved. imo

That is right on the Money Kizzy. Their behaviour is really very different from the parents of say the moors /abducted/murdered children.

They did seem concerned enough to wonder what people would say..family at home and workmates.
Ans they did seem Un destraught when Mrs Fenn asked if they needed to call the police.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline The General

« Reply #874 on: April 13, 2019, 04:12:36 PM »
First and ever foremost, I believe that all people are basically good.  I never assume that someone did something awful.  I always hope that they didn't.

I don't employ that train of thought when I'm on the tube at night, I can tell you that much.
I assume everyone has murderous intent, and they think the same. It's tube rules.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #875 on: April 13, 2019, 04:13:14 PM »
You don't half post some rubbish- selective doubter and sceptic? what?

It really shouldn't bother you that much if people are doubting the words of others now should it? I mean who made you seem to think you are a higher authority.

People do not belive the McCanns version get yourself over it.

and what about this gem "I think that exactly sums up the sceptics belief ... not so much in the police whose final report laid it on the line ... but in Amaral's beliefs which he formulated in 2007 and which remain the cornerstone for sceptics".

I THINK  you will find that what YOU think is rubbish. Amaral had nothing to do with people doubting the McCanns. That is the McCann defence= attack

Well said.  8((()*/
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #876 on: April 13, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »
You don't half post some rubbish- selective doubter and sceptic? what?

It really shouldn't bother you that much if people are doubting the words of others now should it? I mean who made you seem to think you are a higher authority.

People do not belive the McCanns version get yourself over it.

and what about this gem "I think that exactly sums up the sceptics belief ... not so much in the police whose final report laid it on the line ... but in Amaral's beliefs which he formulated in 2007 and which remain the cornerstone for sceptics".

I THINK  you will find that what YOU think is rubbish. Amaral had nothing to do with people doubting the McCanns. That is the McCann defence= attack

What?  Amaral had nothing to do with people doubting the McCann's,  are you joking?

He came out with the 100% DNA of Madeleine found in the car rubbish.   He was the one who made the McCann's arguido's on the basis of the dog alerts and his misunderstanding of the DNA results.  Of course people started doubting the McCann's they were met with hostility when they were taken in for questioning.

Offline The General

« Reply #877 on: April 13, 2019, 04:21:10 PM »
  He was the one who made the McCann's arguido's on the basis of the dog alerts and his misunderstanding of the DNA results. 
Unilaterally? Did he have the authority to make this decision?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline jassi

« Reply #878 on: April 13, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »
What?  Amaral had nothing to do with people doubting the McCann's,  are you joking?

He came out with the 100% DNA of Madeleine found in the car rubbish.   He was the one who made the McCann's arguido's on the basis of the dog alerts and his misunderstanding of the DNA results.  Of course people started doubting the McCann's they were met with hostility when they were taken in for questioning.

People doubted the McCann version of events long before Amaral's name was commonly known.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #879 on: April 13, 2019, 04:23:14 PM »
Only in your opinion.  If outraged, why not take it up with the Sun ?

Where did I say I was "outraged"?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #880 on: April 13, 2019, 04:24:10 PM »
Hardly the same thing.  The McCanns do not have a criminal record of any kind.  While Amaral was convicted on more counts than one.

So you have faith in those who have no criminal record but not in those who do? You would have been caught out by Myles Bradbury then.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #881 on: April 13, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »
That is right on the Money Kizzy. Their behaviour is really very different from the parents of say the moors /abducted/murdered children.

They did seem concerned enough to wonder what people would say..family at home and workmates.
Ans they did seem Un destraught when Mrs Fenn asked if they needed to call the police.

So how are the McCann's different from other parents of abducted children?   Did Sara Payne cry when appealing to Sarah's abductor?  No she didn't she kept composed,  even said 'I know you love her as we do'  in order to play the abductor and get him to return Sarah.   Did Sara Payne join the search parties?  No, after they had searched for Sarah they didn't go out to search again.   Did April's parents search?  No.   

Mrs. Fenn asked Gerry if he wanted to phone the police,  he said no the police had already been called.

So what else have you to say to describe the McCann's as being nasty uncaring parents?

Offline jassi

« Reply #882 on: April 13, 2019, 04:26:31 PM »
Where did I say I was "outraged"?

Your whole attitude over this story has been one of outrage - in my opinion.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #883 on: April 13, 2019, 04:26:45 PM »
People doubted the McCann version of events long before Amaral's name was commonly known.

The people of Portugal were sympathetic towards them,  that changed for many when Amaral made the arguido's.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #884 on: April 13, 2019, 04:31:20 PM »
Yes, I know what it means - that why I put it.

As for elucidating - I speak for myself - I don't believe the mcs version of events.

As to list why - I haven't time to sit here all day.

One main belief as the title of the thread - I don't believe a word they say.

As clear as mud ... then of course, it is really taxing when asked to ponder on the inexplicable and provide a cogent reason.
Which in my opinion whether in the singular or the plural, 'sceptic belief' relies heavily on the 'beliefs' as outlined by Amaral which the majority of informed opinion rejected as far back as 2007.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....