Author Topic: Was This The Undoing Of Barry George?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Was This The Undoing Of Barry George?
« on: May 21, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
As with all these contentious, cases especially those that end up in the appeal courts, CCRC and re-trial, numerous experts are called at various stages to give evidence.  Some experts are better than others in terms of their actual area of expertise and also the ability to communicate complex information in simple terms for the benefit of lay people eg judges, jurors, lawyers and media.  The danger here is that important points get misinterpreted, misunderstood, lost etc.

In this case I was struggling to understand how anyone could view the soc as anything other than professional.  I couldn't understand Hamish Campbell's contribution to the BBC docu where he questions whether the perp was a professional or not based on the fact the exited bullet was left at soc along with spent casing.  Afaik all the ballistics evidence from US shows it's entirely usual for perps to leave any exited bullets and spent casings at soc.  Then I read an article in The Inde which quotes psychologist Dr West:

“Although the killing appears to have been carried out proficiently,” wrote Dr West, “An obvious contradiction is that the shell casing has been left at the scene.  A professional who knew what he was doing would not have allowed [that to happen].”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jill-dando-murder-theories-what-happened-who-barry-george-bbc-documentary-a8851491.html

Firstly, its simply not true that perps recover spent casings from soc.  Secondly, why is a psychologist giving an opinion about ballistics?!

The article also goes on to say:

Forensic examination of the shell casing and bullet suggested the murder weapon was something like a modified starting pistol or a reactivated firearm with a low muzzle velocity – not the kind of gun you would normally associate with a professional hitman.

It seems to me the small handgun and tailor made cartridge was perfect for a contact assassination in a densely populated city on a busy street in broad daylight.  All of which would beyond anyone other than a small population of people extremely accomplished with ballistics and firearms.

The article refers to a Dr West being a psychologist.  The pathologist was also a Dr West.  Neither are experts in ballistics anymore than I am!
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?