Author Topic: Was Anyone Right To Criticise The Policia Judiciaria?  (Read 12428 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Was Anyone Right To Criticise The Policia Judiciaria?
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »
I think the personal attacks by the UK media on the Policia Judiciaria was an absolute disgrace. It was zenophobic and unwarranted. I saw it beginning to develop again towards the Malaysian police recently.

Holly was perfectly right; people are made arguidos because of the questions that the police want to ask them. Murat and the four 'burglars' were made arguidos because of suspicions, not because of hard evidence and it was the same with the McCanns.
Funny how some people here have no problem whatsoever criticising parental decisions (McCanns, Quorins) but when it comes to the police one must accept that they are above criticism (but only if they are foreign - UK cops are also ripe for a good kicking).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2019, 07:11:17 PM »
I think the personal attacks by the UK media on the Policia Judiciaria was an absolute disgrace. It was zenophobic and unwarranted. I saw it beginning to develop again towards the Malaysian police recently.

Holly was perfectly right; people are made arguidos because of the questions that the police want to ask them. Murat and the four 'burglars' were made arguidos because of suspicions, not because of hard evidence and it was the same with the McCanns.

i think the criticism was warranted based on the fact tha tthe initial PJ investigation completely misunderstood the important evidence. IMO there was an agenda to protect portugal and blame the brits....i see the same happening in Malaysia now with a post mortem ruling out foul play to save Malaysias reputation.. I beleive the SC was similarly biased.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:13:25 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2019, 07:15:24 PM »
i think the criticism was warranted based on the fact tha tthe initial PJ investigation completely misunderstood the important evidence. IMO there was an agenda to protect portugal and blame the brits....i see the same happening in Malaysia now with a post mortem ruling out foul play to save Malayas reputation.. I beleive the SC was similarly biased.
I think what’s at play here is the “racism” card.  You can’t criticise foreign police forces’ obvious failings because that’s waycist and colonialist and how very dare we be so mean.  There’s also a good dollop of British self-loathing in the mix too. IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2019, 07:15:59 PM »
I think the thread title exposes the inherent bias...of course I have the right to criticise the PJ ...why would anyone suggest I dont...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2019, 07:18:02 PM »
I think the thread title exposes the inherent bias...of course I have the right to criticise the PJ ...why would anyone suggest I dont...
Try starting a thread called “are we right to criticise The Met” and see what sort of a response we get.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2019, 07:41:17 PM »
What on earth is this British self loathing? We are one country in the world. Hurling insults such as 'fat', 'sweaty' and 'sardine-munching' at another country's policemen is not acceptable.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2019, 07:45:50 PM »
What on earth is this British self loathing? We are one country in the world. Hurling insults such as 'fat', 'sweaty' and 'sardine-munching' at another country's policemen is not acceptable.
I think if the cap fits..... Why so sensitive... What happened to free speech... I think several of the PJ in the initial investigation were a disgrace and would add a few more insults

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2019, 08:05:28 PM »
In your opinion.  I think it’s fair comment.  Did you not see the photos of fat, sweaty Goncalo in the papers at the time, looking like a real scruff bag?  And we all know how much the Portuguese like sardines, it’s an established fact.  The British self-loathing comes from the determination of some to run down all things British in order to excuse all things Portuguese of their short-comings.  It happens all the time on here.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2019, 09:26:42 PM »
In your opinion.  I think it’s fair comment.  Did you not see the photos of fat, sweaty Goncalo in the papers at the time, looking like a real scruff bag?  And we all know how much the Portuguese like sardines, it’s an established fact.  The British self-loathing comes from the determination of some to run down all things British in order to excuse all things Portuguese of their short-comings.  It happens all the time on here.

I would rather be fair and impartial than insulting, biased and zenophobic. I think every police officer in every country does his or her best. Their best isn't always enough, but I would never sink to directing personal attacks at anyone to try and discredit them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2019, 10:17:21 PM »
I would rather be fair and impartial than insulting, biased and zenophobic. I think every police officer in every country does his or her best. Their best isn't always enough, but I would never sink to directing personal attacks at anyone to try and discredit them.
Firstly the word is xenophobic, secondly what an extraordinary declaration of faith in every police officer in every country, especially coming from one as suspicious as you are, as evidenced by your signature line.   Is this a joke?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:30:06 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2019, 10:42:28 PM »
Firstly the word is xenophobic, secondly what an extraordinary declaration of faith in every police offer in every country, especially coming from one as suspicious as you are, as evidenced by your signature line.   Is this a joke?
Zenophobic
Being in a state of zenophobia or the fear of Zen. Those who are constantly zenophobic are called Zenophobes

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Zenophobic
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2019, 06:44:59 AM »
Firstly the word is xenophobic, secondly what an extraordinary declaration of faith in every police officer in every country, especially coming from one as suspicious as you are, as evidenced by your signature line.   Is this a joke?

Anyone who thinks personal attacks on anyone are OK is not my kind of person. I have always opposed such behaviour which I see as childish, ignorant, bullying and immature.

In my opinion the media had nothing concrete to criticise the Portuguese police with, and neither did the McCanns. Kate in particular took to personal ridicule and complaining about a lack of refreshments, smoking and fast driving. Not one word of appreciation for the cancelled holidays, the long hours and the immense effort and expense Portugal expended because she put her pleasure before the safety of her children. 

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2019, 06:47:15 AM »
Anyone who thinks personal attacks on anyone are OK is not my kind of person. I have always opposed such behaviour which I see as childish, ignorant, bullying and immature.

In my opinion the media had nothing concrete to criticise the Portuguese police with, and neither did the McCanns. Kate in particular took to personal ridicule and complaining about a lack of refreshments, smoking and fast driving. Not one word of appreciation for the cancelled holidays, the long hours and the immense effort and expense Portugal expended because she put her pleasure before the safety of her children.

I criticise the PJ because they failed to understand the evidence and imo my criticism is justified... Boozing at lunchtime didn't help

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2019, 06:51:39 AM »

Whats your opinion on the personal attacks carried out by sceptics against the McCanns

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2019, 07:04:14 AM »
Amaral was out at midnight drinking during the working week and then drinking again lunchtime... Long boozy lunches we are told...i don't see how he was fit to work

He instead enjoyed a twohour 10 minute lunch washed down with wine. The next day was a similar tale - lunch lasted two-and-a-half hours. And on Friday he was gone for more than three.

His longest session, which lasted three hours and 10 minutes, was on Friday afternoon. It meant he could not have carried out more than four-and-a-half hours of work all day. Amaral, 47, who has a young daughter, is No3 in the Madeleine inquiry, in charge of its day-to-day running. After one drinking spree this week, the moustachioed police chief got in his car and drove home.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:09:36 AM by Davel »