Author Topic: Child abduction UK  (Read 25250 times)

stephen25000

Re: Child abduction UK
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »
What's the CFO? Chief Financial Officer? Or did you mean FCO?

How else could it have been classified?

nt FfCOThere is no categorical evidence that she was abducted: no CCTV images of someone carrying her; no passerby who saw her being actually carried out of the apartment, nor seeing her being stuffed into a car boot and screetching off, with the onlooker carefully noting the licence plate number. But how often is there any proof of that nature? We may hear more about such cases in the media because it's so rare as to be particularly newsworthy. They are the "lucky" ones.

There is no proof, either, that she's dead, whether as the result of an accident or murder.

Yes I meant FCO.

Offline Carana

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
- 37% are total strangers in that link

- 42% in the UK study (which also says that that percentage may be underestimated).

That's still a far cry from "almost negligible".

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
Name any recent ones Carana?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »
You do make me laugh sadie. Thanks for brightening my day  8(0(*
My pleasure Faith

What a pity you cannot open your mind and read facts

Offline Lace

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 02:20:18 PM »

Sarah Payne.

Offline sadie

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
We do have open minds, Sadie, but six years after evidence was promised still none has ever been seen.

In 2007 they said "there is evidence, we just can't tell you now", yet four years later in their book none emerged.

Now we're told "police know more than you do" and you yourself claim to know secret information, but I personally don't blame anyone for thinking history will repeat itself and nothing will ever be seen.

Of course they know more than we do.  They have gathered all the evidence that is going.  None of us have been able to do that.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »
And in an unsecured and unlocked apartment at that!!   And what makes it all the more surreal is they aren't even f..... looking for her...too busy rakin it in being a consultant!!   SHAMEFUL to be sure.

What do you mean by not looking for her...do you expect them to be trawling the streets of Portugal.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »
What they have done is kept the search for her high profile and they have been pilloried for that.

Lyall

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 02:43:06 PM »
Of course they know more than we do.  They have gathered all the evidence that is going.  None of us have been able to do that.

We shall see. All will be revealed, or not. I remember the article by James Murray - a man very close to everybody in this case - when he spoke to Murat. That article seemed to suggest the possibility the public may not be told.

So as I say I don't blame anyone for thinking history is just going to repeat itself, sooner or later. No conclusion.

Offline Carana

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »

Police force data
Data were collected from UK police forces on 592 cases – involving 675 victims – of child abduction, kidnapping
(of children) and abduction (of children, an offence limited to Scotland) recorded during the financial year 2011/12. Police data are limited to what is reported to the police and what can be recorded under the different offence categories. Incidents resulting in more serious offences (such as murder and rape) are unlikely to be recorded as child abductions, and therefore would have been excluded from this analysis.

Offline sadie

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »
And in an unsecured and unlocked apartment at that!!   And what makes it all the more surreal is they aren't even f..... looking for her...too busy rakin it in being a consultant!!   SHAMEFUL to be sure.
Gawd strewth!

You are not still on that one, are you Angelo?

Offline sadie

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 02:52:20 PM »

Carana
Police force data
Data were collected from UK police forces on 592 cases – involving 675 victims – of child abduction, kidnapping
(of children) and abduction (of children, an offence limited to Scotland) recorded during the financial year 2011/12. Police data are limited to what is reported to the police and what can be recorded under the different offence categories. Incidents resulting in more serious offences (such as murder and rape) are unlikely to be recorded as child abductions, and therefore would have been excluded from this analysis.

You are amazing Carana.

Voila.  Here is the proof !

BAM !  Another Myth hits the ground !

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »
Sarah Payne.

I asked for recent examples but obviously there aren't any.   A quick look at the Missing Persons Charity website indicates that most missing children are aged between 14 and 18.

There are plenty of examples of abduction of under 10's by family or friend such as Thila Rojas, Martin & Dominika Gajdar, April Jones, Shannon Matthews, Aamina Khan, Emanuel and Felipe Diaz etc
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:17:03 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 03:21:41 PM »
My pleasure Faith

What a pity you cannot open your mind and read facts

What a pity you can not see how ridiculous your 'theories' make you appear. Still I'm sure there's no harm in it if it keeps you out of the way of the traffic.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »
- 37% are total strangers in that link

That's still a far cry from "almost negligible".

Sorry but that survey is so out of step as to be laughable.  They even include reports of attempted abduction of teenagers.  Better luck next time Carana.  @)(++(*

Je ne regrette rien!!