Author Topic: Madeleine or Maddie ?  (Read 12355 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Madeleine or Maddie ?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id169.html
Interesting page of Nigel. It shows that UK people have difficulties to spell "Madeleine". "Maddy/ie" is more popular, but I see this use by the tabloids and those who read them like an appropriation (Our Maddie) and in fact an annihilation.

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

ferryman

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 11:25:28 PM »
Screenshots can be faked.

I'm sure Moore knows how to do it.

http://www.labnol.org/internet/fake-screenshots/20242/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2013, 11:30:43 PM »
Screenshots can be faked.

I'm sure Moore knows how to do it.

http://www.labnol.org/internet/fake-screenshots/20242/

So are you actually accusing Nigel Moore of manipulating this image ?

I seem to remember Gerry also asking if anyone wanted to babysit, an entry swiftly withdrawn very early on in May 2007.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

ferryman

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2013, 11:32:48 PM »
So are you actually accusing Nigel Moore of manipulating this image ?

I seem to remember Gerry also asking if anyone wanted to babysit, an entry swiftly withdrawn very early on in May 2007.

Where is Nigel these days?  He's not been around much of late ...

Offline sadie

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2013, 11:32:56 PM »
So still no video footage of anyone referring to Madeleine as "Maddie"

Why is that?

Here is an especially enlightening link from one of Moore's references:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/article1096372.ece
Ferryman did you check this webpage was working becos it aint now.

Same as a pro one I spotted the other day ... a video that worked a coupa weeks back, no longer working

I wonder why?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2013, 11:35:09 PM »
Where is Nigel these days?  He's not been around much of late ...

Probably gone to find Rosiepops.

ferryman

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »
Ferryman did you check this webpage was working becos it aint now.

Same as a pro one I spotted the other day ... a video that worked a coupa weeks back, no longer working

I wonder why?

Precisely, Sadie.

That's what's enlightening.

Sometimes Less is More (or Moore) ....

Offline Lace

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2013, 10:59:37 AM »
I'd like to know what any of this has to do with Madeleine preferring to be called Madeleine and not Maddie.

People called her Maddie so what?    Madeleine accepted that and evern called herself Maddie ,  that doesn't mean that she didn't PREFER to be called Madeleine.

Why on earth would the parents lie that Madeleine said that?   What gain can be had from it?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »
I'd like to know what any of this has to do with Madeleine preferring to be called Madeleine and not Maddie.

People called her Maddie so what?    Madeleine accepted that and evern called herself Maddie ,  that doesn't mean that she didn't PREFER to be called Madeleine.

Why on earth would the parents lie that Madeleine said that?   What gain can be had from it?

Now that IS a good question Lace.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »
Excellent !

Offline Benice

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2013, 11:54:07 AM »

Totally agree with you Lace.  IMO Just another example of the ridiculous extremes of 'nitpicking' to which some sceptics will go - simply to find fault with the McCanns.    This particular example couldn't be more pathetic IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

AnneGuedes

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »
Totally agree with you Lace.  IMO Just another example of the ridiculous extremes of 'nitpicking' to which some sceptics will go - simply to find fault with the McCanns.    This particular example couldn't be more pathetic IMO.
Find fault ! Come on, Benice !

Offline Lace

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »
Find fault ! Come on, Benice !

Can you come up with a reason why the McCann's would lie about this Anne?

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2013, 01:10:05 PM »
There is no reason for them to have lied about that. Children that age go through phases like this, it's not unusual at all. All of a sudden you are not allowed to call them "baby" names any more, it's a all part of growing up.