Author Topic: Has Gonçalo Amaral been vindicated by the recent Cipriano denunciation?  (Read 27116 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Has Gonçalo Amaral been vindicated by the recent Cipriano denunciation?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 08:45:57 PM »

I can't offer links to documents that are in paper format.

So no newspaper reported it, and Morais forgot to mention it 8-)(--)

Offline Luz

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »
Proof of Amaral being l cleared,... he wasn't

I don't want to insult anyone, but a 5 year old using a simple exercise of logic could understand what I have been saying.

It was proven in Court that Leonor Cipriano lied when she said she was tortured by the PJ, she was condemned and sentenced to prison for it.

How could a man stay convicted for omission of reporting something that never happened?  DUHHHHH 8-)(--)

Rachel Granada

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 08:52:36 PM »
I don't want to insult anyone, but a 5 year old using a simple exercise of logic could understand what I have been saying.

It was proven in Court that Leonor Cipriano lied when she said she was tortured by the PJ, she was condemned and sentenced to prison for it.

How could a man stay convicted for omission of reporting something that never happened?  DUHHHHH 8-)(--)

So where is the court annulment, Luz?  Put up or shut up.

Rachel Granada

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 08:53:47 PM »

Oh, how convenient!   @)(++(*

Offline Luz

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 08:59:07 PM »
Oh, how convenient!   @)(++(*

Not at all, it would be a pleasure to rub it in your face (sorry moderators)

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 09:02:47 PM »

Again this was  discussed at length . you haven't a clue what you are talking about. Funny how Morais has never claimed that Amaral was cleared. Do you think that is odd.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »
All amarals supporters on the net, yet not one , apart from you, has claimed amaral has been cleared...plus...you cannot provide any proof 8-)(--)

Rachel Granada

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 09:17:23 PM »

Not at all, it would be a pleasure to rub it in your face (sorry moderators)

Rub it in our faces then, if you can find a scanner.

I feel we may be waiting rather a long time though....

Offline Carana

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »

Could anyone scan it?

Or even a link from a credible newspaper?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 12:11:37 PM »
Could anyone scan it?

luz doesn't have the document

Offline John

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 03:25:37 AM »
If you recall, Gonçalo Amaral was acquitted of the crime of omission of denunciation but was condemned to 18 months over the crime of false deposition, with a suspended sentence over a similar period.   Inspector António Nunes Cardoso was condemned to 2 years 3 months over forgery of a document, with a suspended sentence over two years.

Neither were convicted of assaulting Leonor Cipriano.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 07:34:16 AM »
Some people hate Amaral so much they can't accept what has apparently happened in the Portuguese Courts.

For them to defend the Mccanns, they attack those who accuse or don't believe their 'heroes'.

Again it needs to be said, it wasn't just Amaral who believed the Mccanns were involved in covering up Madeleine's disappearance, it was the policy of the PJ, after the UK police pointed in the direction of the Mccanns.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »
It seems that some people want to bury their heads in the sand re Amaral and don't understand the ruling in the court. I could explain, it's quite complex, but Amaral was not cleared. No one has suggested he was involved in the assault.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2013, 08:57:50 AM »
Some people hate Amaral so much they can't accept what has apparently happened in the Portuguese Courts.

For them to defend the Mccanns, they attack those who accuse or don't believe their 'heroes'.

Again it needs to be said, it wasn't just Amaral who believed the Mccanns were involved in covering up Madeleine's disappearance, it was the policy of the PJ, after the UK police pointed in the direction of the Mccanns.

I don't think you understand what happened in the Portuguese courts. Do you also think Amaral was cleared.
Its not about hating anyone, its about seeing what is true and what isn't.
The McCanns were cleared by the Portuguese, Amaral was not.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:01:47 AM by davel »

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 09:12:54 AM »
Could anyone scan it?

In Portugal, as in most other democratic nations, court decisions are a matter of public record. 

If it were true that Amaral's conviction nad been quashed, then that would be recorded.  And given the high profile nature of the matter, I imagine it would also have been widely reported.

In this case, and in the absence of any record, I believe Luz is confused.  Amaral still has a criminal conviction warranting a sentence of 18 months.