Author Topic: The window sill at Apartment 5a  (Read 14125 times)

Offline John

Re: The window sill at Apartment 5a
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 10:18:32 PM »
I keep promising myself to make this or that my last post. 

There is a longer drop outside the window, than inside. The window frame (not sure about the shutter so much) stands proud of the sill.   Now I'm not a man and I certainly don't have long legs.

Is it physically possible without damaging your manly-hood to straddle that frame with or without a child, in or out?

Do you stand on the bed, or at the bottom of the bed in the space between bed & chair?

You'd certainly need a long inside leg & beware of the dangly bits !

I think a man would be hard pushed to exit that window carrying a youngster Meadow although they might have got in by that means and exited by one of the doors.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 10:27:50 PM »

If you consider the position of the bed from which Madeleine was picked up, her head would have been on the abductors right arm.  But in the Jane Tanner sighting which would have been seconds later the child's head was on the man's left arm.  This could suggest that she was passed to a second abductor, possibly through the window. 
A lone abductor would have had difficulty changing her head from one arm to the other.

Offline sika

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »
There are many interesting questions posed about the actual handling of the dogs in PDL by Martin Grime.

Examples include the fact that he only wore protective clothing when examining the car and why that might be?

Also if you watch the video of the cars being examined, it is clear that there was no alert to the McCann car (which Grime said he could not identify as theirs even though it was plastered in posters and had been on TV for weeks before with them in it) within the first few tens of seconds of sniffing. Why did he call the dog back to this car far more forcefully than he called it back to the other cars which were not sniffed for the same length of time?
You provided a more than plausible reason for this, a few posts ago!

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 11:11:28 PM »

I have followed the argument about the lichen on the windowsills quite carefully. I believe that the reference came from an "expert", David Barclay who was part of a TV review team for Channel 4 and who gave the comment about lichen not being disturbed. This man was never involved in the actual case and though he had been in PDL as part of this TV review his comment was not specific to the Apt 5 windowsill but was more general "Apart from anything else, the window sills in that area are covered in green lichen. The minute you try and scrape over the window sills you would have left marks and we know that the scenes of crime lady, the next morning, was looking for exactly that." The PJ pictures of the windowsill show that his comment cannot be related directly to that window.

Having recently read the Lowe report it is clear that there was no exact DNA match to Madeleine in the car as many people still claim and that the scientist is very definite that what traces of DNA did exist could not be used as evidence because they came from at least three people and were not specific to one person.

You have summed up two issues quite nicely there gilet.   Basically there is no DNA evidence which connects to Maddie and the window sills at apartment 5a was free of lichen  as can be seen from the earlier photograph so graciously provided by the Portuguese Police.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

registrar

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 11:57:29 PM »

I have followed the argument about the lichen on the windowsills quite carefully. I believe that the reference came from an "expert", David Barclay who was part of a TV review team for Channel 4 and who gave the comment about lichen not being disturbed. This man was never involved in the actual case and though he had been in PDL as part of this TV review his comment was not specific to the Apt 5 windowsill but was more general "Apart from anything else, the window sills in that area are covered in green lichen. The minute you try and scrape over the window sills you would have left marks and we know that the scenes of crime lady, the next morning, was looking for exactly that." The PJ pictures of the windowsill show that his comment cannot be related directly to that window.

Having recently read the Lowe report it is clear that there was no exact DNA match to Madeleine in the car as many people still claim and that the scientist is very definite that what traces of DNA did exist could not be used as evidence because they came from at least three people and were not specific to one person.

You have summed up two issues quite nicely there gilet.   Basically there is no DNA evidence which connects to Maddie and the window sills at apartment 5a was free of lichen  as can be seen from the earlier photograph so graciously provided by the Portuguese Police.

which places lichen neatly in the same round filing cabinet as blue bags, volcanoes and errant fridges

I do like this place

Online Eleanor

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 12:06:16 AM »

I would take heart if I thought we were getting somewhere with The Myths.  But I've seen it all before, and I expect to see it all again.  Same old same old week in week out.

registrar

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 12:16:24 AM »

I would take heart if I thought we were getting somewhere with The Myths.  But I've seen it all before, and I expect to see it all again.  Same old same old week in week out.

yep, the [ censored word ]s remind me of accidentally stumbling upon an episode of 'Last of the summer wine'

There's bound to be a bathtub hurtling down the hills - wellies are ever present - and push bikes are always ridden in a wobbly fashion

That predictability of 'Last of..' though was somewhat comforting - for it had moments of insight and humour

qualities the [ censored word ]s lack entirely - not one original or uncruel thought between 'em

More like Dalek's 'EXTERMINATE' whilst not being able to manage to go up stairs

Offline puglove

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 12:16:38 AM »

Just like the Bamber case. Endless magic roundabout. Two factions shouting at each other, trying to score points. But at least with the Bamber case, we have evidence. Holy load of old bollocks, Batman!!!
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline puglove

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 12:28:25 AM »

yep, the [ censored word ]s remind me of accidentally stumbling upon an episode of 'Last of the summer wine'

There's bound to be a bathtub hurtling down the hills - wellies are ever present - and push bikes are always ridden in a wobbly fashion

That predictability of 'Last of..' though was somewhat comforting - for it had moments of insight and humour

qualities the [ censored word ]s lack entirely - not one original or uncruel thought between 'em

While I admire your use of Compo and Clegg, it's a bad idea to use the term "[ censored word ]s." That suggests loonies and trolls. We don't do that on here. We also don't "do" naughty fat thieves, closet gays and tiny little burglars who tried to join the police force, but were just too short.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

registrar

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 12:32:33 AM »

While I admire your use of Compo and Clegg, it's a bad idea to use the term "[ censored word ]s." That suggests loonies and trolls. We don't do that on here. We also don't "do" naughty fat thieves, closet gays and tiny little burglars who tried to join the police force, but were just too short.

fair enough
detractors - acceptable to you?

Offline gilet

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 12:39:19 AM »
I prefer to call them people who seek to denigrate the McCanns without providing any evidence to support what they are saying about the couple beyond rehashed news reports from mid 2007 which have long since been proven to be wrong.

registrar

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 12:47:22 AM »
I prefer to call them people who seek to denigrate the McCanns without providing any evidence to support what they are saying about the couple beyond rehashed news reports from mid 2007 which have long since been proven to be wrong.

or deliberatly mistranslated/edited

perfect example - 'Gerry did you know Robert Murat?'

the Lisbon
maffia had their paws all over that one

debunker

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 07:49:49 AM »

EXcellent. Can we find an acronym in that.

MCCann amateur detectives, obtuse loaded descriptions, with out morals endless nonsense

debunker

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 11:29:26 AM »

EXcellent. Can we find an acronym in that.

MCCann amateur detectives, obtuse loaded descriptions, with out morals endless nonsense
Mad Old Women?  That's a bit misogynistic - a fair few of them are the male of the species.

MAny men, even young men, may be old women!

Offline gilet

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »
Denigrators

Determined, evidence notwithstanding, individuals getting really angry that others remain steadfast.