Author Topic: Does havng friends in high places have any bearing on Operation Grange?  (Read 5990 times)

Offline John

The parents of Madeleine McCann are known to have friends in high places. In fact, this reach now extends right into the heart of government as Kate McCann's long standing friend Esther McVey MP is currently the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. Indeed, McVey helped the family set up the Madeleine McCann Fund, becoming a founding trustee and very vocal spokesperson after its launch in May 2007. Esther and Kate first met in 1986, when they were both 18, at the North East Technical College in West Derby, where they were studying A-levels together.

McVey joined the board of Madeleine's Fund on 20 June 2007 and continued her role as spokesperson for the Fund until her resignation was announced in January 2008. This followed a dispute over the decision to use the Fund to pay the McCann's legal costs after they were made official suspects. McVey had previously insisted that the Fund's money would be focussed on finding Madeleine and leaving no stone unturned.

More recently, McVey resigned from the advisory board of the Samaritans after accusations of hypocrisy.

Under the Con-Dem government she worked as minister for disabled people, taking a leading role in ushering in the reviled bedroom tax and benefit sanctions blamed for driving desperate people to suicide.

Theresa May surprised many by promoting the Liverpool-born MP - who now represents Tatton - to the cabinet role. The move prompted an outpouring of anger from Merseyside MPs and members of the public - many of whom recalled Ms McVey’s actions during her last stint in the same department as Minister for Disabled People.

In the short time since the appointment was made public, more than 17,000 people have signed the petition calling for the former GMTV presenter to be sacked.

With friends like McVey in government, is it little wonder that the drip feed of funds to Scotland Yard continues with very little if anything coming back?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

Surely SY have asked for funds.. That would seem to me because  the have something to investigate...

Offline Robin Banks

Just read what Colin Sutton has to say about the case and why he refused to investigate it when asked.

Offline Mr Gray

Just read what Colin Sutton has to say about the case and why he refused to investigate it when asked.

Perhaps you need to read it.... He was never asked and never  refused... Let's get the facts, straight

Offline Robin Banks

Perhaps you need to read it.... He was never asked and never  refused... Let's get the facts, straight

Is Colin telling Lies then?

http://portugalresident.com/justice-for-madeleine-and-mary

Offline Mr Gray

Is Colin telling Lies then?

http://portugalresident.com/justice-for-madeleine-and-mary

No he isn't... Nowhere in that article does it say he was offered the job.. Or that he, refused... Read it, again and post the statements here that support your claim... You won't be able to

Offline Robin Banks

No he isn't... Nowhere in that article does it say he was offered the job.. Or that he, refused... Read it, again and post the statements here that support your claim... You won't be able to

A detective tipped to head up the Madeleine McCann probe was warned he would be ordered to prove she was abducted and ignore other leads.

Colin Sutton said a high-ranking friend in the Met called him and warned him not to lead the case when Scotland Yard announced it would get involved in 2010.

The source warned that he would be tasked with proving her parents Kate and Gerry were innocent and ignoring any alternatives to the abduction theory, he claims.

Speaking to Martin Brunt on Sky News, he said: 'I did receive a call from a very senior met police officer who knew me and said it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to head investigation on the basis that I wouldn’t be happy conducting an investigation being told where I could go and where I couldn’t go, the things I could investigate and the things I couldn’t.

Asked to clarify what he meant, he added: 'The Scotland Yard investigation was going to be very narrowly focused and that focus would be away from any suspicion of wrongdoing on the part of the McCanns or the tapas friends.'

The Tapas Nine refers to the McCann parents and the seven friends they were out to dinner with when Madeleine disappeared in 2007.

What does this mean then?

Offline Mr Gray

A detective tipped to head up the Madeleine McCann probe was warned he would be ordered to prove she was abducted and ignore other leads.

Colin Sutton said a high-ranking friend in the Met called him and warned him not to lead the case when Scotland Yard announced it would get involved in 2010.

The source warned that he would be tasked with proving her parents Kate and Gerry were innocent and ignoring any alternatives to the abduction theory, he claims.

Speaking to Martin Brunt on Sky News, he said: 'I did receive a call from a very senior met police officer who knew me and said it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to head investigation on the basis that I wouldn’t be happy conducting an investigation being told where I could go and where I couldn’t go, the things I could investigate and the things I couldn’t.

Asked to clarify what he meant, he added: 'The Scotland Yard investigation was going to be very narrowly focused and that focus would be away from any suspicion of wrongdoing on the part of the McCanns or the tapas friends.'

The Tapas Nine refers to the McCann parents and the seven friends they were out to dinner with when Madeleine disappeared in 2007.

so where does it say he was offerred the job..and where does it say he refused

Offline Mr Gray

On Sunday 9th May 2010 the News of the World published a story which suggested that the Met was going to reinvestigate Madeleine’s disappearance and that I would be asked to lead it.  This was news to me on both counts. Nobody from the Met had, or indeed ever did, make such a request of me.
http://colinsutton.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/madeleine-mccann-and-operation-grange_9.html

#he was never offered the job....according to sutton himself

Offline Robin Banks

Offline Mr Gray

So why does he headline this Forum?

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9231-maddie-was-here-1-5

sutton was not offered the job....he said so himself...i have provided a cite showing you are wrong

Offline Robin Banks

sutton was not offered the job....he said so himself...i have provided a cite showing you are wrong

OK,  I'm putting my hands in the air and saying Colin Sutton was not offered the Job and didn't decline the Job, but it's hard siphoning the truth from the Lies, especially when your photograph and statement are displayed on a respectable site. 

$6(&   

Offline Miss Taken Identity

OK,  I'm putting my hands in the air and saying Colin Sutton was not offered the Job and didn't decline the Job, but it's hard siphoning the truth from the Lies, especially when your photograph and statement are displayed on a respectable site. 

$6(&

He was advised if he was offered the job and may have been in the running  to diss it as it was not going to allow  a proper review /investigation ie only an abduction theory was on the table.

They had quite a following and many friends in high places...but they have dwindled. EMcV was quite right to resign imo.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 12:07:12 PM by Angelo222 »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Cite for EMcV knowing they were misusing the fund please?

Yeah go read her resignation letter. She was insisting that money should not be used for legal fees by the parents, and only for  searching for Madeleine.

Oh guess what the money was used for...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

Yeah go read her resignation letter. She was insisting that money should not be used for legal fees by the parents, and only for  searching for Madeleine.

Oh guess what the money was used for...

You do wonder how many directors of the fund resigned due to the decisions taken by the other directors, especially after the appointment of the parents ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?