Author Topic: Is the maddie fund.... now a secret fund  (Read 53835 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Is the maddie fund.... now a secret fund
« Reply #495 on: August 09, 2018, 11:58:39 PM »
Not particularly no. How many people bought Kate's book believing that every penny would go into the search for Madeleine. How will they know how much is spent on the search?
Any organisation is going to have its administration costs to deal with.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #496 on: August 10, 2018, 01:32:54 AM »
That is a thought ... I wonder if Madeleine's parents just didn't want to profit from her disappearance ... which had already proved a cash cow for so many.
In my opinion far better to put it into Madeleine's Fund ... at a time when only they were paying to look for her, as no-one else was bothering with an archived case.
So well done them!

But nonetheless ... don't you find it extraordinary that members have managed to get all the information they want from it for their purposes ... so logic dictates it can't be very secret.

Absolutely not secret but how could it be ? Even they need to file accounts, even if it is the bare minimum.

What it isn’t is transparent as promised and what it hasn’t done, as promised, is used every penny to help in the search for Madeleine.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2018, 02:25:02 AM »
Absolutely not secret but how could it be ? Even they need to file accounts, even if it is the bare minimum.

What it isn’t is transparent as promised and what it hasn’t done, as promised, is used every penny to help in the search for Madeleine.

But they really don't ... they choose to do so.  They could set up a society of friends to do it all for them and squirrel away every penny in a really secret account controlled by them could they not?  There is precedent.

Thankfully at the moment they have used their resources so skilfully that they have achieved the end of having Madeleine looked for by those whose task it always was to do so.

I have no idea why that sticks in the craw of those who question the cost of looking for Madeleine now. 

Just as I have no idea why they have opposed that there was ever money available in the first instance to enable Madeleine's parents to keep looking for the little girl that no-one else was looking for.

Funny old world.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #498 on: August 10, 2018, 06:41:34 AM »
Any organisation is going to have its administration costs to deal with.

Of course Robittybob1 but they didn't mention spending tens of thousands suing an ex PJ officer though.

Kate McCann in an interview

"However, in the last few months, with the depletion of Madeleine's fund, it is a decision that has virtually been taken out of our hands. Every penny we raise through its sales will be spent on our search for Madeleine. Nothing is more important to us than finding our little girl."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/nov/15/mcanns-book-search-madeleine

One reviewer on Amazon who thought she was donating to the search and didn't have a lot of money either.

I wasn't sure I wanted to buy this book as I felt I knew the story, but I wanted to donate so this was a good way of giving, not a lot to spare !! OAP and all that.
This book is well written and puts a very different light on things,made me feel if I was younger I'd be out there trying to do something to find Madeline. Hopefully one day we'll all find out where she is and best of all to have her reunited with her family.
Sandra

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R21MXI1DY0ZAAQ/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0552165158
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline kizzy

« Reply #499 on: August 10, 2018, 09:51:57 AM »
That is a thought ... I wonder if Madeleine's parents just didn't want to profit from her disappearance ... which had already proved a cash cow for so many.
In my opinion far better to put it into Madeleine's Fund ... at a time when only they were paying to look for her, as no-one else was bothering with an archived case.
So well done them!

But nonetheless ... don't you find it extraordinary that members have managed to get all the information they want from it for their purposes ... so logic dictates it can't be very secret.

What is a though - is the fact they wasted so much money on trying to discredit G A.

That is why M3 were employed not to look for maddie - even though that is what everyone thought .

What was it they implied - we will have maddie home for christmas. and you say the fund not secret.

When were Metodo 3 hired and why was it kept secret for nearly 2 months?

Metodo 3 are the team of private investigators hired by the McCanns when they returned to the UK, after the Policia Judiciaria had made them 'arguidos'.

It is reported that the final bill for Metodo 3's work could be anywhere between £300,000 and £750,000 - but what were they doing for nearly two months before the McCanns announced that they had been hired?

And why was the decision to hire them, and release £300,000 of Madeleine's Funds' money, not taken by the board of directors but by Gerry McCann and the family's lawyers and financial backers?

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id76.htm

Offline Brietta

« Reply #500 on: August 10, 2018, 10:42:05 AM »

What is a though - is the fact they wasted so much money on trying to discredit G A.

That is why M3 were employed not to look for maddie - even though that is what everyone thought .

What was it they implied - we will have maddie home for christmas. and you say the fund not secret.

When were Metodo 3 hired and why was it kept secret for nearly 2 months?

Metodo 3 are the team of private investigators hired by the McCanns when they returned to the UK, after the Policia Judiciaria had made them 'arguidos'.

It is reported that the final bill for Metodo 3's work could be anywhere between £300,000 and £750,000 - but what were they doing for nearly two months before the McCanns announced that they had been hired?

And why was the decision to hire them, and release £300,000 of Madeleine's Funds' money, not taken by the board of directors but by Gerry McCann and the family's lawyers and financial backers?

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id76.htm

I think you are at risk of going off at a tangent which is what happens when you rely on opinion ... while ignoring the required caveat ... and personal prejudice (as verified by your post) to rail about the costs to Madeleine's Fund of being in the position of having to pay private investigators to investigate her case.

In my opinion your reply to my post in which I pointed out the anomaly of a missing little child being ignored by the police and thus forcing her parents to fund the search for her speaks volumes.

Where exactly does Madeleine and her rights figure in your post? in which you are using information gleaned from Madeleine's Fund which you and others insist is shrouded in secrecy.

Why is it there is no anomaly being observed here? 
How is it possible to assert Madeleine's Fund is secret while using information provided by the fund to assert that secrecy?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #501 on: August 10, 2018, 01:03:30 PM »
But they really don't ... they choose to do so.  They could set up a society of friends to do it all for them and squirrel away every penny in a really secret account controlled by them could they not?  There is precedent.

Thankfully at the moment they have used their resources so skilfully that they have achieved the end of having Madeleine looked for by those whose task it always was to do so.

I have no idea why that sticks in the craw of those who question the cost of looking for Madeleine now. 

Just as I have no idea why they have opposed that there was ever money available in the first instance to enable Madeleine's parents to keep looking for the little girl that no-one else was looking for.

Funny old world.

Keep looking? Do you remember the article in the Times about Metodo3 ?

Or the investigation by the Mail that found that Edgar not even carried out rudimentary questioning at the bar in Barcelona where the ‘businessman’ met the Victoria Beckham lookalike.

Or indeed the Metodo3 employs who warned the fund directors that money wasn’t  being used by the company appropriately and yet the directors did nothing.

Or the report by their own investigators that stated that the Smith sighting was more important than their friend’s and that the fund should be used to follow this lead rather than Tanners but were ignored. A lead that OG subsequently followed themselves.

Looking for Madeleine? It appeared so but look a little deeper and it would seem that the money merely gave them the ability to appear to the public as if they were searching when in actuality that couldn’t have been further from the truth.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:06:06 PM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #502 on: August 10, 2018, 02:49:24 PM »
Keep looking? Do you remember the article in the Times about Metodo3 ?

Or the investigation by the Mail that found that Edgar not even carried out rudimentary questioning at the bar in Barcelona where the ‘businessman’ met the Victoria Beckham lookalike.

Or indeed the Metodo3 employs who warned the fund directors that money wasn’t  being used by the company appropriately and yet the directors did nothing.

Or the report by their own investigators that stated that the Smith sighting was more important than their friend’s and that the fund should be used to follow this lead rather than Tanners. A position that OG themselves followed.

Looking for Madeleine? It appeared so but look a little deeper and it would appear the money merely gave them the ability to appear to the public as if they were when in actuality that couldn’t have been further from the truth.

That reflects your interpretation of events, and to do which you are entitled ... however opinion should carry a caveat.

Isn't it amazing  that small firms of private detectives were unable to match the resources available to national law enforcement bodies.
Isn't it even more amazing and more remarkable that in the absence of anyone else bothering ... it was necessary that they ad to be employed to do so.

If the fund was to be used to finance the search for Madeleine ... in my opinion that is what indeed it did.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #503 on: August 10, 2018, 05:52:20 PM »

Every penny made by Kate’s book was promised to be used in the search for Madeleine so perhaps you can provide a cite to prove this promise has been broken?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #504 on: August 11, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
We know what Metodo 3 brought to the party and part of it had very little to do with any search for Maddie.

What money do you think they used for investing - does anyone know what they invested in.

The Mirror reported that the fund had total assets of £714,000 - taking into account the invested $490,839.

A source told the paper: "They are making best use of the fund's remaining cash. It makes sense to make sure the money earns as much as possible."

Most of the money raised by the fund, believed to be more than £3million, has gone towards campaigns and paying private investigators to look into the case.

Since then, the couple have worked to find their daughter, slamming claims that they plan to make money from her disappearance.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3068822/maddie-mccann-parents-plough-500000-into-investment-fund-as-they-try-to-keep-hunt-for-missing-daughter-up-ten-years-since-she-disappeared/

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2018, 10:21:07 AM »

Funny old world.

With the initial donations, well yes, but they went into serious ,marketing mode! selling wares like a REAL COMPANY. Unashamedly, doing the rounds for publicity- to increase the company's cash flow/profits. promising transparency- that never happened and neither did 'using this money to find Madeleine'  did it?

You can fool some of the people some of the time...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2018, 10:26:06 AM »
Those PI firms don't come cheap.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2018, 10:51:45 AM »
Every penny made by Kate’s book was promised to be used in the search for Madeleine so perhaps you can provide a cite to prove this promise has been broken?

Its not the search for madeleine fund - its the madeleine fund..that is at the mccs disposable to use as they wish

Offline Brietta

« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »

Its not the search for madeleine fund - its the madeleine fund..that is at the mccs disposable to use as they wish

Their expressed wish is to search for Madeleine ... but fortunately at the moment and thanks to their efforts the Policia Judiciaria and Scotland Yard are carrying out that task.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #509 on: August 13, 2018, 10:58:55 AM »

I don't think using the name Madeleine was an accident- if it was called the Kate n Gerry Fund and no marketing was taking place ... well it would have perhaps have shown how much THOSE two parents were held in high esteem  and for how long.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin