Author Topic: Who would trust Bojo or Trump  (Read 79042 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Who would trust Bojo or Trump
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 02:57:57 PM »
Hillary went to the funeral of senator (& former KKK member) Robert Byrd, where she heaped praise on him.

But that Trump,  he's a f...... r..... isn't he.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:51:35 PM by John »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Alfie

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »
A Donald Trump presidency is considered one of the Top 10 risks facing the world according to The Economist Intelligence Unit

https://gfs.eiu.com/Archive.aspx?archiveType=globalrisk
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:51:59 PM by John »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 07:23:37 PM »
Perhaps a Trump fan on here would like to spell out why people are mistaken in their belief that Trump is a danger for the US and the world?

He is in favour of sorting out US problems within the US rather than having an unshakable belief the US has manifest destiny to be the worlds policeman and decide who should and who should not rule in domains outside the US.
Just because he makes some prickish remarks he is not necessarily a total prick his wealth is testimony to that.
cf Tony Blair "The USA stood shoulder to shoulder with us during the blitz". Oh yeah ! The US were neutral and did not enter the European war until Adolf declared war on them.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 07:31:48 PM »

I'd be interested in links to fact-checking sites on this. Some of it may be true, and some may be hyperbole...

Anything to do with the US and Middle East I would recommend David Kilcullen "The Blood Year" as an informative read.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2016, 07:52:31 PM »
He is in favour of sorting out US problems within the US rather than having an unshakable belief the US has manifest destiny to be the worlds policeman and decide who should and who should not rule in domains outside the US.
Just because he makes some prickish remarks he is not necessarily a total prick his wealth is testimony to that.
cf Tony Blair "The USA stood shoulder to shoulder with us during the blitz". Oh yeah ! The US were neutral and did not enter the European war until Adolf declared war on them.
Any idea how he plans to sort out US problems?  I know he sure as hell doesn't apart from making absurd promises to wipe out crime and violence.  And since when did wealth preclude one from being a total prick??! 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2016, 09:52:10 PM »
Any idea how he plans to sort out US problems?  I know he sure as hell doesn't apart from making absurd promises to wipe out crime and violence.  And since when did wealth preclude one from being a total prick??!

How the hell do expect me to know?
So you don't like Trump, why keep banging on about it and asking questions to which there is no answer?
Oh yeah I remember now that's what you do innit ?

Alfie

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 10:12:25 PM »
Back on topic, and to answer the OP, I wouldn't trust either BoJo or Trump as they are both blonde narcissists with bad haircuts but if I had to spend an evening in a pub with either it would be Boris as he is at least well-read, intelligent and possesses a sense of humour.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2016, 11:29:25 PM »
I don't agree with your assessment of Alfie's views.... however, the race has has now boiled down to Clinton v Trump.

What assessment?
Alf's view was a cut and paste article from the Washington Post.
The race as you say is Clinton v Trump. If you think Clinton is not a menace to the Middle East situation refer back to when she was Secretary of State and William Hague was our Foreign Secretary.

Alfie

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2016, 08:23:08 AM »
What do we think President Trump's reaction would be if Isis flew a plane into Trump Towers?  Turn the other cheek?

Offline Carana

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »
What assessment?
Alf's view was a cut and paste article from the Washington Post.
The race as you say is Clinton v Trump. If you think Clinton is not a menace to the Middle East situation refer back to when she was Secretary of State and William Hague was our Foreign Secretary.

I'm not sure which aspects you are referring to specifically.

A broad, and somewhat critical, interview with Robert Gates on her hawkish tendencies:
http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/14/hillary-clintons-unapologetically-hawkish-record-faces-2016-test/

It's not clear however to what extent his views may be biased, however.

Here's an article that I found to be a fairly balanced view of the intervention in Libya:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/07/libya-intervention-daalder_n_6809756.html

In a Sky TV programme on Hillary, one commentator stated that the US election wasn't really about who people wanted the most, but about who they disliked the least. That's quite probably true, but then it often is.
http://news.sky.com/video/the-hillary-clinton-problem-10512717

On the other hand, her hawkish tendencies appear to be within the context of military intervention, but also diplomacy and support for local development, particularly the education and empowerment of women, as a longer-term force for stability.

Whatever one thinks of her track record (and no one will agree with everything), she does have political and diplomatic experience... and a brain.

On the other side, I haven't been able to find a reasoned explanation so far of why a number of people believe Trump to be the best option as president of one of the world's most powerful nations.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:34:37 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2016, 10:39:04 AM »
Anything to do with the US and Middle East I would recommend David Kilcullen "The Blood Year" as an informative read.

Thanks, I haven't read that yet.

A review by The Economist, which I've just found but haven't read yet:
http://www.economist.com/news/books-and-arts/21694981-mistakes-made-islamic-state

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2016, 11:59:18 AM »
I'm not sure which aspects you are referring to specifically.

A broad, and somewhat critical, interview with Robert Gates on her hawkish tendencies:
http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/14/hillary-clintons-unapologetically-hawkish-record-faces-2016-test/

It's not clear however to what extent his views may be biased, however.

Here's an article that I found to be a fairly balanced view of the intervention in Libya:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/07/libya-intervention-daalder_n_6809756.html

In a Sky TV programme on Hillary, one commentator stated that the US election wasn't really about who people wanted the most, but about who they disliked the least. That's quite probably true, but then it often is.
http://news.sky.com/video/the-hillary-clinton-problem-10512717

On the other hand, her hawkish tendencies appear to be within the context of military intervention, but also diplomacy and support for local development, particularly the education and empowerment of women, as a longer-term force for stability.

Whatever one thinks of her track record (and no one will agree with everything), she does have political and diplomatic experience... and a brain.

On the other side, I haven't been able to find a reasoned explanation so far of why a number of people believe Trump to be the best option as president of one of the world's most powerful nations.

She's a corrupt evil war monger who should be behind bars.

She wants to not just attack Iran but totally obliterate them.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/hillary-clinton-if-im-president-we-will-attack-iran/5460484

She was gleeful about the public sodomizing by knife of Gadaffi.

Also look up Benghazi.

What Trump has going for him is, he isn't the wrathful vengeful war whore that Hillary is.

Alfie

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2016, 12:14:00 PM »

She's a corrupt evil war monger who should be behind bars.

She wants to not just attack Iran but totally obliterate them.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/hillary-clinton-if-im-president-we-will-attack-iran/5460484

She was gleeful about the public sodomizing by knife of Gadaffi.

Also look up Benghazi.

What Trump has going for him is, he isn't the wrathful vengeful war whore that Hillary is.
Talk about twisting words and lying propaganda, yours is a perfect example.  You missed out the bit "If Iran were to attack Israel" .  I don't rate Hillary Clinton but if you are going to eviscerate her, at least use actual facts rather than frothing propaganda.

Offline Carana

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »

(snip)

Is that the extent of the reasoned explanation in his favour?
How do you know he wouldn't be?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »
Talk about twisting words and lying propaganda, yours is a perfect example.  You missed out the bit "If Iran were to attack Israel" .  I don't rate Hillary Clinton but if you are going to eviscerate her, at least use actual facts rather than frothing propaganda.

Where?

I want the Iranians to know that if I’m president, we will attack Iran. In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them.”

"During which time they might."...........Not, "If Iran were to attack Israel"

Where did she say that?

Talk about twisting words & lying propaganda.

Yours is the perfect example.