Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1479732 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #7590 on: February 14, 2020, 02:33:16 PM »
The lack of meaningful debate is quite amusing at times. The case of Richard D Hall demonstrates this lack very well.

It seems his theories can be dismissed because he is a 'crank', a 'conspiracy theorist', a 'fruitcake' and a 'charlatan'.
Another reason is his boring voice.
Not to mention he's only doing what he does to make money!!!

Why not discuss his actual theories, I wonder? In my opinion that would be a debate while all I can see is attempts at character assassination.

There are conspiracy theorists among the McCann supporters, there are people with voices that not everyone finds musical and most of those who have commentated have been paid for doing so.
Halls theory re maddie is that Eddie the cadaver dog signalled the past presence of a corpse in 5a. This is not a fact as he mistakenly claims. i listened to his video phoning SY to inform them of this...he came accross as a real idiot imo. 11 hours of video based on a false premise.

He also states that the Manchester bombing was a hoax...I think that qualifies him for the term fruitcake

would any sceptic like to defend hall basing 11 hours of video on a fallacy
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:55:30 PM by Davel »

Offline The General

« Reply #7591 on: February 14, 2020, 03:26:40 PM »
17 million views does not mean 17 million people....  I would say relatively few have heard of Hall

Where does 17 million come from... Just looked at one made in 2016...when Madeline died... 8.1k views... And that's not 8.1 thousand people
OK, I'll let you in to how video sharing works - so Hall has 17 million 'views' on this Youtube channel. Granted that doesn't mean 17 million people have seen them, let alone watched them.
By far and away his most popular are the McCann videos - maybe a couple of million views on this Youtube channel?
But they're free to share. And they are shared many, many times on thousands of other Youtube channels, existing and now defunct. So Youtube alone is generating millions of potential views, perhaps many millions.
In addition, other video sharing sites exist.
His website also generates 10's of thousands of 'watches' - and 11 million page views according to 'Worth of Web', generating a healthy income stream to boot. I'm not saying it's right, but free speech permits him to peddle whatever he wants within their t's and c's.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline jassi

« Reply #7592 on: February 14, 2020, 04:16:05 PM »
If anyone wants to discuss Hall's Theories try CMOMM.

Are you suggesting it shouldn't be discussed here ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7593 on: February 14, 2020, 04:19:17 PM »
Are you suggesting it shouldn't be discussed here ?

Far too likely to engender Libel.

Offline Lace

« Reply #7594 on: February 14, 2020, 04:28:02 PM »
Until the McCann start answering real questions about what they did with Madeleine's pink blanket, the second main luggage bag missing from the crime scene photos etc, then the PJ were right to keep on questioning them but all they got was no comment. They are something else but the case is still open so don't worry  8)--))

The pink blanket was given to the handlers of the search dogs to sniff.   Who says the luggage bag is missing?  The McCann's say all their luggage was there when they left Portugal  I believe this is another myth sorry.

Offline Lace

« Reply #7595 on: February 14, 2020, 04:29:29 PM »
The lack of meaningful debate is quite amusing at times. The case of Richard D Hall demonstrates this lack very well.

It seems his theories can be dismissed because he is a 'crank', a 'conspiracy theorist', a 'fruitcake' and a 'charlatan'.
Another reason is his boring voice.
Not to mention he's only doing what he does to make money!!!

Why not discuss his actual theories, I wonder? In my opinion that would be a debate while all I can see is attempts at character assassination.

There are conspiracy theorists among the McCann supporters, there are people with voices that not everyone finds musical and most of those who have commentated have been paid for doing so.

His actual theories?  Like Madeleine died on the Sunday?  I'm not going to debate anything so ridiculous.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7596 on: February 14, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »
OK, I'll let you in to how video sharing works - so Hall has 17 million 'views' on this Youtube channel. Granted that doesn't mean 17 million people have seen them, let alone watched them.
By far and away his most popular are the McCann videos - maybe a couple of million views on this Youtube channel?
But they're free to share. And they are shared many, many times on thousands of other Youtube channels, existing and now defunct. So Youtube alone is generating millions of potential views, perhaps many millions.
In addition, other video sharing sites exist.
His website also generates 10's of thousands of 'watches' - and 11 million page views according to 'Worth of Web', generating a healthy income stream to boot. I'm not saying it's right, but free speech permits him to peddle whatever he wants within their t's and c's.

I think when a video is shared it simply links to the original..

the highest video has 450,000 views...that isnt views its click. so someone might clicg...watch afew minutes ...return and click again . It snot unreasonable to suggest it 20 clicks...or returns to watch a video....including watching portions again ...that would be 20,000 actual views..it may even be less than that....a far cry from 17 million..

ive just noticed ...the phantoms has 45,000 views...that could be as little as 200 people having watched them....plus no advertising on it...another sign it doesnt have a large audience
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:34:44 PM by Davel »

Offline barrier

« Reply #7597 on: February 14, 2020, 04:32:09 PM »
His actual theories?  Like Madeleine died on the Sunday?  I'm not going to debate anything so ridiculous.

Is that his? I thought others had come up with that.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #7598 on: February 14, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »

Indeed, it's ridiculous, & far more likely that she died on Thursday.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline The General

« Reply #7599 on: February 14, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »
Which day do you think she died on then?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7600 on: February 14, 2020, 04:34:21 PM »

the highest video has 450,000 views...that isnt views its click. so someone might clicg...watch afew minutes ...return and click again . It snot unreasonable to suggest it 20 clicks...or returns to watch a video....including watching portions again ...that would be 20,000 actual views..it may even be less than that....a far cry from 17 million

Some persons actually do this on purpose.  Would you ever.

Offline jassi

« Reply #7601 on: February 14, 2020, 04:36:23 PM »
I've got a little program that allows me to download once and view at leisure, as often as I like   ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #7602 on: February 14, 2020, 04:38:49 PM »
Which day do you think she died on then?

I believe she was abducted on the Thursday.   They believe she died on the Sunday.

Offline The General

« Reply #7603 on: February 14, 2020, 04:49:21 PM »

the highest video has 450,000 views...that isnt views its click. so someone might clicg...watch afew minutes ...return and click again . It snot unreasonable to suggest it 20 clicks...or returns to watch a video....including watching portions again ...that would be 20,000 actual views..it may even be less than that....a far cry from 17 million..

ive just noticed ...the phantoms has 45,000 views...that could be as little as 200 people having watched them....plus no advertising on it...another sign it doesnt have a large audience
No. Youtubers rip videos and appropriate them......all the time.
Besides, Youtube installed an algorithm years ago. They don't count a view until 30 seconds. They verify a 'view' because they're monetised - it's in their interests to reduce phantoms - people were writing code and annihilating their own videos with hits remotely generated.
And each return view also needs 30 seconds to count.

So we know with some certainty that at least 17 million 30 second views gross views on this account alone, verified.
Substantial reach. Not that it matters. Hall - website and youtube channel - many million potential views - left alone. Bennett - crazy old man on a bike, posting crazy shit on a niche forum, posting a few letters and generally haranguing a small number of nobody - privately prosecuted.

Offline The General

« Reply #7604 on: February 14, 2020, 04:55:00 PM »
Some persons actually do this on purpose.  Would you ever.
It's not possible any more. Otherwise my Funny Cats 5 video would have got more than the $3.26 for the 26,000 views I spent a week creating back in 2014.