Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1353532 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #495 on: November 09, 2013, 08:58:53 AM »
Difficult to tell really. From the paper reports, he seemed an unlikely candidate to me, but if he was one of the 41 persons of interest, I guess he would need to be investigated, if only to eliminate from inquiries.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

« Reply #496 on: November 09, 2013, 10:01:08 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487987/Madeleine-McCanns-parents-suspects-Portuguese-detectives-didnt-abandon-case.html

Now the comments section makes interesting reading.

Now where is aiofe's overwhelming support of the Mccanns ?

Thank you for the link Stephen......Very interesting bit of news. I just knew there was more to it than the case just being abandoned.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #497 on: November 09, 2013, 10:10:04 AM »
Thank you for the link Stephen......Very interesting bit of news. I just knew there was more to it than the case just being abandoned.

McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel hearing witness Ricardo Paiva.

GP – Do you know if the investigation was reopened later, with new information?

RP It wasn't formally reopened. However, several pieces of information arrived about possible places where Madeleine could be. Individuals also said they had information. All this was investigated and the proceedings were released to the Portimão Court.

SO – You stated that the facts in the book are in the investigation which you were part of. Was that up until the shelving of the process?

RP says "yes" and that, afterwards, he sorted out and worked on the incoming information.

SO – Was a work team constituted to process information?

RP says they were two officers for that job, both of them having knowledge about the case. The witness then alludes to the Scotland Yard review and says that the processed information was transmitted to the team that worked with SY.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2591.0

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Redblossom

« Reply #498 on: November 11, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »
Oh, Coopermans been resurrected again

NEWS
GOT A STORY? EMAIL: TALKBACK@THE-SUN.CO.UK
‘Maddie’ weirdo targeted our kids
Scruff spotted by second Brit

Wanted ... cops' sketch of oddball

EXCLUSIVE
By RYAN PARRY, GARY O’SHEA & JAMES BEAL
Published: 9 hrs ago

A SCRUFFY long-haired man tried to lure away a small child in Portugal just WEEKS before Madeleine McCann was kidnapped, a witness claims.

Missing for 6 years ... Madeleine McCann

He approached a British holidaymaker saying he was a charity collector — while a sinister accomplice watched from a short distance away.
Cops probing Madeleine’s 2007 disappearance now believe the man — also described by TWOother witnesses and similar to police images issued in 2008 — may be key to their investigation.
The Brit holidaymaker, who asked not to be named, said the drugged-up Portuguese man approached her and her five-year-old daughter in Vilamoura — 30 miles from where Madeleine was taken.
She said: “I knew there was something wrong with him, I just wanted to get away from him.
“I felt he was trying to usher us down a cobbled street.
“I could see his accomplice sitting a way away watching us. He was pretending that he wasn’t with the other guy, I could tell.”
The woman, from the North of England, later reported the incident to private detectives hired by Madeleine’s family.
They revealed a villa owner had reported thesame men trying to lure away his daughter in Vilamoura.
His sighting came a month before Madeleine was snatched from her Praia da Luz holiday apartment on May 3, 2007.

Sighting ... Gail Cooper

And The Sun has learned a THIRD witness has been quizzed three times by British detectives over her account of seeing a similar man.
Gran Gail Cooper saw a weirdo on the beach in Praia da Luz staring at a blond boy two days before Madeleine vanished.
The same man later knocked on her door collecting money for charity “for an orphanage”.
Gail, 56, of Newark, Notts, saw the oddball a third time lurking behind kids from a holiday complex.
She said: “He was very intimidating at my door. He kept waving his hands and staring. My grandchildren were in the pool. I just wanted him to go.
“It wasn’t until later that I made the connection to Maddie.”
Last month cops made a Crimewatch appeal to trace bogus charity workers seen around Praia da Luz.
One theory is that Madeleine was taken by an organised crime gang who “cased” her apartment in the days before.

Aiofe

« Reply #499 on: November 11, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »
Welcome back Aiofe, we've missed you !

I may not be quite the same.

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #500 on: November 12, 2013, 03:32:49 AM »
Prison officer sacked and four others disciplined after Madeleine McCann T-shirt stunt
By Tariq Tahir  Monday 11 Nov 2013 9:52 pm
5341 comment

A prison officer was sacked and three others were fired for wearing ‘We Have Madeleine McCann’ T-shirts (Picture: PA)
A prison officer has been sacked and four others disciplined after photos of them wearing T-shirts saying ‘We Have Madeleine McCann’ during a drunken night out were posted on Facebook.

They were among at least seven staff on a ‘boys’ weekend’ when the images were taken.

The pictures were on Facebook for two months before being brought to the attention of their bosses at Wandsworth Prison, London.

But a colleague told Metro it was ‘despicable’ that some involved in the incident were still working at the jail. He said: ‘It makes me sick to think just because they work for the prison service that they should get away with this disrespectful behaviour.

‘If I was the mother or father of Madeleine McCann I would want to know about this.’

One officer was dismissed from their job at Wandsworth Prison over the T-shirts (Picture: PA)
The incident happened when the officers were ‘very drunk’ on a weekend away, he claimed.

The officer said printing slogans on Prison Service T-shirts about Madeleine, who went missing in Portugal in 2007, was a ‘disgusting act’. One senior officer has been dismissed, another remains suspended and three others received final written warnings.

Their code of conduct makes it a disciplinary offence to bring the prison service into disrepute through social media.

A Ministry of Justice spokesman said: ‘Appropriate disciplinary action has been taken following an incident concerning a number of prison officers outside of working hours and away from the prison.’

Offline Myster

« Reply #501 on: November 12, 2013, 06:11:34 AM »
I wasn't aware that 14 year-olds could become prison officers these days... tut.. tut !  ?8)@)-)

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #502 on: November 12, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
I wasn't aware that 14 year-olds could become prison officers these days... tut.. tut !  ?8)@)-)
looks like it doesn't it

Benita

« Reply #503 on: November 12, 2013, 11:31:30 AM »
ok if they have a gripe against the parents ...but whats their gripe against madeleine  ?8)@)-)

Offline jassi

« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
I don't suppose they have a gripe - just something done in bad taste, probably  because they thought it funny or clever at the time.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2013, 12:10:47 PM »

Kate McCann continues to look for lost daughter Madeleine PIC: Reuters
Police officers trying to discover what happened to Madeleine McCann have strengthened a lead thanks to a new report by a British holidaymaker.

The woman, who does not want to be named, told how she and her daughter were approached by a man near to where Madeleine vanished in the weeks before the little girl's disappearance in 2007.

The woman's description of the stranger matches that given by two other witnesses in the holiday resort of Praia da Luz.

All three witnesses  said they had been "disturbed" by the encounter.

Sketch of suspect at centre of fresh lead in Madeleine McCann case
The anonymous mother said: "I knew there was something wrong with him. I just wanted to get away from him. I felt he was trying to usher us down a cobbled street.

"I could see his accomplice sitting a way away watching us. He was pretending that he wasn't with the other guy, I could tell," reported The Sun.

Her experience echoes that of Gail Cooper who was approached by a similar looking man. She claimed she was targeted while staying at the same resort as the McCanns.

Police interviewed her no less than three times about it. Cooper said: "He was very intimidating and staring. My grandchildren were in the pool. I just wanted him to go. It wasn't until later that I made the connection to Maddie."

The search for Madeleine was reopened by Portugese police in October with officers from Britain heavily involved in the operation.

To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail: d.gover@ibtimes.co.uk
To contact the editor, e-mail: editor@ibtimes.co.uk

lizzibif.

« Reply #506 on: November 12, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »
Is this this cooper man ?

Redblossom

« Reply #507 on: November 12, 2013, 02:57:55 PM »
Is this this cooper man ?

Err yes, where have you been?

lizzibif.

« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2013, 03:27:32 PM »
Err yes, where have you been?

Err living my life..you wanna try it instead living yours on the internet..:)

Redblossom

« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2013, 03:29:57 PM »
Err living my life..you wanna try it instead living yours on the internet..:)

Ok so in six years following and posting on the case you have never come across this major piece,which featured widely in many places over years..... fair enough, I get the picture.....