Author Topic: The Brexit deal's been done!  (Read 17302 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: The Brexit deal's been done!
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2020, 11:22:52 PM »

Of course it did.
And thus the recent polls indicate an increasing support for independence.
Hopefully you can appreciate the reason for that support.

I have no interest in why the Scots want to leave the United Kingdom, nor do I have any preference as to whether they leave or stay. I've visited Edinburgh, passed through Glasgow and lost my heart to the Outer Hebrides. I learned to understood and sympathise with their frustrations at being governed from London, and I wonder if their unique needs could be met by being governed from Edinburgh. When they, the Orkneys and the Shetland Isles wanted a referendum on independence from Scotland it was refused as I recall.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2020, 11:33:25 PM »
I have no interest in why the Scots want to leave the United Kingdom, nor do I have any preference as to whether they leave or stay. I've visited Edinburgh, passed through Glasgow and lost my heart to the Outer Hebrides. I learned to understood and sympathise with their frustrations at being governed from London, and I wonder if their unique needs could be met by being governed from Edinburgh. When they, the Orkneys and the Shetland Isles wanted a referendum on independence from Scotland it was refused as I recall.
You have completely contradicted yourself by firstly claiming no interest in why the Scots want to leave the UK and in the next breath claim to have learned to understand and sympathise with their frustrations at being governed by London.  So which is it?  No interest or learned, understood and sympathised?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2020, 11:33:50 PM »

Who refused the Outer Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland  a referendum on independence?

And i believe that the Outer Hebrides is represented both at Holyrood and Westminster by the
Scottish Nationalist Party.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:51:21 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2020, 12:07:49 AM »
So there is no issue upon which the people might vote in favour of  (say the return of the desth penalty) that you would vocally oppose?  You’d cite “will of the people” and wholeheartedly back it and celebrate and wave flags at the first hanging?

Some people decidedly should be executed for their crimes.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2020, 12:10:45 AM »
Decided  to reference  your post  again.
It's almost Hogmanay.  @)(++(*
Have you visited Scotland often?

Not recently, the midges were enough for me first time around.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2020, 12:13:17 AM »
The first six words of your post indicate that many Americans do not have "any sense" otherwise he would never ever have been elected President.
What an utter embarrassment he has now become.

Americans wanted to believe in their country again after the Obama farce so Trump played and plays to that rhetoric.  I agree though that he is now seen as a very bad loser.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2020, 12:16:44 AM »
But you don't accept the democratic vote of the Scots....who voted no to leaving the EU?
Hasn't NI done rather better than Scotland in the agreement and they too voted no.
Lucky them!

The vast majority of the electorate in both Scotland and N Ireland never voted to stay in the EU.  They either voted to leave it or weren't sufficiently interested to even vote. Sturgeon has no mandate to keep Scotland in the EU despite her monotonous ravings.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2020, 12:18:56 AM »

Of course it did.
And thus the recent polls indicate an increasing support for independence.
Hopefully you can appreciate the reason for that support.

History has taught us that the Scots are a divisive lot, I don't think they know what they want.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2020, 12:20:44 AM »
Who refused the Outer Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland  a referendum on independence?

And i believe that the Outer Hebrides is represented both at Holyrood and Westminster by the
Scottish Nationalist Party.

The outer Hebrides want independence from Scotland, that says it all for me.

PS.  If they get it they will take most of the oil revenues with them.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2020, 08:08:41 AM »
Some people decidedly should be executed for their crimes.
How strongly do you feel about it?  If there was a national referendum on the subject and the people voted not to bring back capital punishment would you fall into line with the majority and accept that they were right and celebrate the result?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2020, 08:28:38 AM »
The vast majority of the electorate in both Scotland and N Ireland never voted to stay in the EU.  They either voted to leave it or weren't sufficiently interested to even vote. Sturgeon has no mandate to keep Scotland in the EU despite her monotonous ravings.

That's a novel way of looking at a democratic vote.
Put together the votes of those who votes were in the minority and those who didn't vote and declare that they are the vast majority.lol
Scotland voted to stay in the EU but being part of the UK we are leaving.
Our First Minister is obviously a woman you don't like but your personal likes or dislikes are of no importance.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2020, 08:35:11 AM »
History has taught us that the Scots are a divisive lot, I don't think they know what they want.

You really don't like any other nationality other than your own!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2020, 08:53:20 AM »

You really don't like any other nationality other than your own!
Angelo is a true patriot (and you know what Samuel Johnson had to say about patriotism).

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2020, 08:56:48 AM »
The outer Hebrides want independence from Scotland, that says it all for me.

PS.  If they get it they will take most of the oil revenues with them.
Have they held a referendum on that?  They did overwhelmingly vote to stay in the EU as I recall...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2020, 08:59:28 AM »
You have completely contradicted yourself by firstly claiming no interest in why the Scots want to leave the UK and in the next breath claim to have learned to understand and sympathise with their frustrations at being governed by London.  So which is it?  No interest or learned, understood and sympathised?

The people of the Western Isles are gaelic speaking Highlanders with a different lifestyle and different needs from the people further south.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0