Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 534494 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5895 on: March 19, 2023, 03:19:53 PM »
Your opinions aren't the same as mine, no matter how many times you repeat them.

Theyre facts,not opinions..stop telling blatant lies or I will call you out as,a,liar.
Cite for any that are opinions..cite required

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5896 on: March 19, 2023, 03:32:30 PM »
Mário Serra Lopes, from the editor Guerra e Paz, explains that, despite the interest that the case generated in the United Kingdom, no English editor has bought the rights over the work about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann yet.

“The English editors are afraid”, says the editor, who asserts that he has contacted several British editors, who “despite being interested in publishing, fear the McCanns’ influence and the consequences that it may have after the publication”.
https://themaddiecasefiles.com/english-lawyers-refuse-to-defend-gon-alo-amaral-so-t24374.html#p321894

Are you reliant on members not reading your links - or is it another instance of
  • you not reading them or
  • you having read them and not liking what they are saying misrepresenting the content
Whatever - my opinion is that it makes your postings absolutely untrustworthy.  Not to mention why you bother going to the extent of so doing.

English lawyers refuse to defend Gonçalo Amaral
Sol online edition, 04.08.2008 | translated by astro

Madeleine McCann case

by Margarida Davim

Gonçalo Amaral wants to sue the English newspapers and the McCanns over defamation, but he cannot find lawyers that are willing to represent him in the British courts. The editor that published the book ‘The Truth of the Lie’ also guarantees that “the English editors are afraid” of putting the book on sale in the United Kingdom

After having been accused in the pages of the English newspapers of being “drunk” and “incompetent”, Gonçalo Amaral wants to sue the journalists and the parents of Madeleine McCann over defamation. But taking the case to the British courts is revealing itself to be an impossible mission.

“I have been trying for months to find a lawyer in England to represent me”, the former inspector from the Polícia Judiciária told SOL, guaranteeing that he is trying to find “other ways” to sue the McCanns and the English tabloids.
https://themaddiecasefiles.com/english-lawyers-refuse-to-defend-gon-alo-amaral-so-t24374.html#p321894

That's a very cherry picking account you have chosen to post which at the least misrepresents the current forum discussion.
I think that's a bit desperate.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5897 on: March 19, 2023, 03:42:49 PM »
And yet with hindsight it appears everyone in Amaral’s camp knew the law was on his side all along, funny that!  As I suggested earlier, no British publisher would touch such a libellous piece of crap with a bargepole and for very good reason.  They wouldn’t have stood a chance in an English court.

If Amaral was defending the alleged "mistreatment" at the hands of the British press, I think he probably discovered that if the allegations were true he would have difficulty finding a lawyer to represent him.
That is if there was any veracity in the tabloid report to begin with.  Sure were there not numerous reports of him taking various actions against various folk?  For example, the Policia Judiciaria.  He did actually sue the Cipriano lawyer as well as trying to have him committed to an insane asylum.  He lost his case.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5898 on: March 19, 2023, 03:46:28 PM »
What’s very interesting about your link that it was Amaral threatening to sue the McCanns and bandying about accusations of defamation  before the McCanns commenced their legal action against him!

In the event the McCanns did not take action against Amaral until it became apparent to them that his media shenanigans were damaging the case they were fighting on Madeleine's behalf.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5899 on: March 19, 2023, 03:59:29 PM »
If Amaral was defending the alleged "mistreatment" at the hands of the British press, I think he probably discovered that if the allegations were true he would have difficulty finding a lawyer to represent him.
That is if there was any veracity in the tabloid report to begin with.  Sure were there not numerous reports of him taking various actions against various folk?  For example, the Policia Judiciaria.  He did actually sue the Cipriano lawyer as well as trying to have him committed to an insane asylum.  He lost his case.
Libel is different in the UK...he would have no difficulty finding a lawyer if he had a case. It's likely no lawyer would take his case because he doesn't have grounds to sue and doesn't have the money to pay
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 04:01:33 PM by Mr Gray »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5900 on: March 19, 2023, 04:25:51 PM »
Libel is different in the UK...he would have no difficulty finding a lawyer if he had a case. It's likely no lawyer would take his case because he doesn't have grounds to sue and doesn't have the money to pay

Neither are publishers going to be queuing up to publish any book containing the number of factual errors and lies that are contained in the "truth of the lie".

That possibly includes the makers of Calpol.

Not forgetting that libel trials tend to take a dim view of libellous innuendo.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5901 on: March 19, 2023, 05:46:08 PM »
Are you reliant on members not reading your links - or is it another instance of
  • you not reading them or
  • you having read them and not liking what they are saying misrepresenting the content
Whatever - my opinion is that it makes your postings absolutely untrustworthy.  Not to mention why you bother going to the extent of so doing.

English lawyers refuse to defend Gonçalo Amaral
Sol online edition, 04.08.2008 | translated by astro

Madeleine McCann case

by Margarida Davim

Gonçalo Amaral wants to sue the English newspapers and the McCanns over defamation, but he cannot find lawyers that are willing to represent him in the British courts. The editor that published the book ‘The Truth of the Lie’ also guarantees that “the English editors are afraid” of putting the book on sale in the United Kingdom

After having been accused in the pages of the English newspapers of being “drunk” and “incompetent”, Gonçalo Amaral wants to sue the journalists and the parents of Madeleine McCann over defamation. But taking the case to the British courts is revealing itself to be an impossible mission.

“I have been trying for months to find a lawyer in England to represent me”, the former inspector from the Polícia Judiciária told SOL, guaranteeing that he is trying to find “other ways” to sue the McCanns and the English tabloids.

That's a very cherry picking account you have chosen to post which at the least misrepresents the current forum discussion.
I think that's a bit desperate.

I posted the part which applied to the discussion I was taking part in, which was why wasn't Amaral's book published in the UK.

Do you never get fed up with accusing others? It's sooo boring.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5902 on: March 19, 2023, 06:20:03 PM »
I posted the part which applied to the discussion I was taking part in, which was why wasn't Amaral's book published in the UK.

OMG, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5903 on: March 19, 2023, 06:28:00 PM »

It really shouldn't be necessary for me or anyone else for that matter to have to repeatedly to point out the obfuscations you post.  Unfortunately though, it is.

I agree it is boring to have to do so ... I think it is the utter predictability and regularity of your misalignments which that does it for me. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5904 on: March 19, 2023, 06:38:51 PM »
It really shouldn't be necessary for me or anyone else for that matter to have to repeatedly to point out the obfuscations you post.  Unfortunately though, it is.

I agree it is boring to have to do so ... I think it is the utter predictability and regularity of your misalignments which that does it for me.

Just give it a rest, Brietta. I will post what I want, on any subject I wish and I don't think it's your job to judge me.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5905 on: March 19, 2023, 06:42:13 PM »

Worth noting that again your accusation of me "accusing others" (I suppose of impropriety??) is entirely wrong.  Unless you can substantiate it?

As far as I am concerned - there is only one member whose posting style raises any concerns about accuracy or inaccuracy and that would be yourself.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5906 on: March 19, 2023, 06:54:44 PM »
Just give it a rest, Brietta. I will post what I want, on any subject I wish and I don't think it's your job to judge me.

Absolutely post on any subject you wish - that's what posting on a discussion forum entails.  Just ensure what you post is as accurate as it can be.  That is expected of all members inclusive of you and me both.

Unfortunately, you've got it wrong yet again, though.

Please note ~ it IS my job to be judgemental.  It is why I am allowed to amend other members' posts with fairness and to sometimes delete them for one reason or another.  This is a job I do take quite seriously and tend not to indulge in meaningless fishwife brawls as a result.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5907 on: March 19, 2023, 07:07:12 PM »
Worth noting that again your accusation of me "accusing others" (I suppose of impropriety??) is entirely wrong.  Unless you can substantiate it?

Introducing the first witness for the defence. I can certainly substantiate G’s claim.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5908 on: March 19, 2023, 07:34:55 PM »

As far as I am concerned - there is only one member whose posting style raises any concerns about accuracy or inaccuracy and that would be yourself.

That's a hilarious statement. My style is my style, and if you can't understand it I suggest you try harder.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5909 on: March 19, 2023, 07:37:26 PM »
Introducing the first witness for the defence. I can certainly substantiate G’s claim.

Thanks.  8((()*/
Result = happy posting.