Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530322 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2017, 10:18:31 PM »
And so, but anyway as I was saying before I was 'removed'... Even IF the ECHR does by some fantastic miracle find the McCanns 'innocent' the Portugues  can just show their.....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/856415/European-Court-of-Human-Rights-ECHR-rulings-Council-of-Europe-Thorbjorn-Jagland

Giggle ,giggle ,giggle...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

« Reply #361 on: September 21, 2017, 08:09:58 AM »
And so, but anyway as I was saying before I was 'removed'... Even IF the ECHR does by some fantastic miracle find the McCanns 'innocent' the Portugues  can just show their.....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/856415/European-Court-of-Human-Rights-ECHR-rulings-Council-of-Europe-Thorbjorn-Jagland

Giggle ,giggle ,giggle...

So what price the E.C.H.R. ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #362 on: September 21, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »
So what price the E.C.H.R. ?

I can only assume they want to discredit the Portuguese Judiciary. Why? So that they can claim to be innocent victims. It can't be to help the 'search for Madeleine' because it seems like two police forces are doing that for them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2017, 08:39:45 AM »
I can only assume they want to discredit the Portuguese Judiciary. Why? So that they can claim to be innocent victims. It can't be to help the 'search for Madeleine' because it seems like two police forces are doing that for them.

Agreed in my considered opinion it has nothing to do with Madeleine.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:35:41 AM by Slartibartfast »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #364 on: September 21, 2017, 09:11:36 AM »
Agreed it has nothing to do with Madeleine.

Seconded Slarti. It is all about them.

Naturally I.M.O.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:13:54 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »

Too much Opinion as Fact.  Please bear this in mind.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2017, 10:04:27 AM »
I don't think there is any ambiguity about the reasons why Madeleine's parents have made the decision to approach the European Court of Human Rights.

If their case is accepted, it will be interesting to see what points of law have been raised on their behalf.

It is, I think, a bit mean spirited to deride their right to take their case and Madeleine's cause to the European Court.

I wonder why it is deemed inappropriate by some that they should seek the protection of that court. It is worth remembering that they do have the same right to seek justice that every other European citizen enjoys.

I'm getting the firm impression from previous posts ... that there is a real worry they might actually succeed in doing so.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2017, 10:14:38 AM »
I don't think there is any ambiguity about the reasons why Madeleine's parents have made the decision to approach the European Court of Human Rights.

If their case is accepted, it will be interesting to see what points of law have been raised on their behalf.

It is, I think, a bit mean spirited to deride their right to take their case and Madeleine's cause to the European Court.

I wonder why it is deemed inappropriate by some that they should seek the protection of that court. It is worth remembering that they do have the same right to seek justice that every other European citizen enjoys.

I'm getting the firm impression from previous posts ... that there is a real worry they might actually succeed in doing so.

Do you seriously imagine Brietta, that the McCann's can take their case, be accepted, and take the state of Portugal to court, after what they have done in and to Portugal ?

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2017, 10:23:27 AM »
the new court  case if it goes ahead  doesnt  affect amaral at all does it?    from my understanding the stance about his book etc   will  still stand even if they go to the  euro court wont it and he wont owe the mcanns any money

Offline jassi

« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2017, 10:30:09 AM »
Do you seriously imagine Brietta, that the McCann's can take their case, be accepted, and take the state of Portugal to court, after what they have done in and to Portugal ?

Strange things happen in  law.
The first and possibly last hurdle is having the case accepted. Much will depend upon the capability of their lawyers and the strength or otherwise of their case.
If accepted, I have no doubt it will drag on for years and years and years.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #370 on: September 21, 2017, 10:40:56 AM »
the new court  case if it goes ahead  doesnt  affect amaral at all does it?    from my understanding the stance about his book etc   will  still stand even if they go to the  euro court wont it and he wont owe the mcanns any money

Quite right Carly. There is also a considerable backlog in cases. The Supreme Court Judgement is unaffected and the McCann's have to pay up, or they will be pursued through the courts and that will involve more costs, for the money they owe.

It is, I.M.O. time they got over it, pay up and get on with their lives.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2017, 10:55:39 AM »
Strange things happen in  law.
The first and possibly last hurdle is having the case accepted. Much will depend upon the capability of their lawyers and the strength or otherwise of their case.
If accepted, I have no doubt it will drag on for years and years and years.

Given that it has been said, there may be a back log of about four years in the European Court ... if the McCann case is accepted to be heard that will be about four years less than the time it took for McCann v Amaral in the Portuguese courts.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »
Given that it has been said, there may be a back log of about four years in the European Court ... if the McCann case is accepted to be heard that will be about four years less than the time it took for McCann v Amaral in the Portuguese courts.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court decision will not be affected, and they will have to pay up.

Don't you agree Brietta.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #373 on: September 21, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »
Quite right Carly. There is also a considerable backlog in cases. The Supreme Court Judgement is unaffected and the McCann's have to pay up, or they will be pursued through the courts and that will involve more costs, for the money they owe.

It is, I.M.O. time they got over it, pay up and get on with their lives.

There will be points of law to be considered no doubt ... so were I you I really wouldn't concern myself too much with issues you patently know nothing about.

Like the taxman, as Amaral discovered to his cost ... Courts don't hang about when it comes to money and court orders ... so whatever your concerns I really do believe they are unfounded.

On the other hand ... bringing a flawed judgement to the arbitration of the European Court ... may well have thrown a spanner in the works?  But you can't say for sure it didn't can you?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #374 on: September 21, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court decision will not be affected, and they will have to pay up.

Don't you agree Brietta.

I do not know ... and more to the point neither do you.