Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530346 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #375 on: September 21, 2017, 11:05:57 AM »
Makes you wonder what is going on in the Portuguese investigation. Wouldn't it be 'helpful' for the McCanns to be seen to be pursuing the Portuguese for victimising them if all was not going well for them in Portugal ?

IMO
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #376 on: September 21, 2017, 11:08:16 AM »
I do not know ... and more to the point neither do you.

Wrong Brietta.

They are facts.

Personally speaking, I hope they refuse to pay,  get a taste of their own medicine and get dragged through the courts to recover what they owe.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:11:37 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #377 on: September 21, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
Wrong Brietta.

They are facts.

Personally speaking, I hope they refuse to pay,  get a taste of their own medicine and get dragged through the courts to recover what they owe.

Will you be disappointed if they do pay?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #378 on: September 21, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
Wrong Brietta.

They are facts.

Personally speaking, I hope they refuse to pay, and get a taste of their own medicine and get dragged through the courts to recover what they owe.

It would be extraordinarily polite if now and then you would back up your assertions ... and make the attempt to tone down the malice at the same time.

If the McCann case is allowed to be heard ... I think there may be a real opportunity to redress the balance ... and with any luck by that time we may already know what happened to Madeleine and who is responsible for that.
We may even live to see her recovered.

Always remember there is a missing child at the root of this.  Her parents want to find her ... Amaral has declared her dead.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #379 on: September 21, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »
It would be extraordinarily polite if now and then you would back up your assertions ... and make the attempt to tone down the malice at the same time.

If the McCann case is allowed to be heard ... I think there may be a real opportunity to redress the balance ... and with any luck by that time we may already know what happened to Madeleine and who is responsible for that.

Always remember there is a missing child at the root of this.  Her parents want to find her ... Amaral has declared her dead.

What of the malice towards Amaral.

Now tell me what I have wrong in the two points I made.

The Supreme Court decision will stand and the McCann's will have to pay up.

If they don't do the latter , of course , what they owe will be recovered .

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #380 on: September 21, 2017, 11:58:10 AM »

I do! The Supreme Court ruling will not be affected and they need to pay what they owe;

The Court does not act as a court of appeal in relation to national courts; it does not rehear cases, it cannot quash, The Court is not empowered to overrule national decisions or annul national laws vary or revise their decisions.
http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Questions_Answers_ENG.pdf
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #381 on: September 21, 2017, 12:02:04 PM »
I do! The Supreme Court ruling will not be affected and they need to pay what they owe;

The Court does not act as a court of appeal in relation to national courts; it does not rehear cases, it cannot quash, The Court is not empowered to overrule national decisions or annul national laws vary or revise their decisions.
http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Questions_Answers_ENG.pdf

The McCann supporters know this full well G-Unit.

I wonder why they still deny this.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #382 on: September 21, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »

Whatever the ECHR decides it won't change what Amaral has said or will say in the future. It won't change the supreme Court ruling. It won't affect the 'search for Madeleine' in any way. It's unlikely to change opinions about the case or the parents imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #383 on: September 21, 2017, 12:52:52 PM »

So when the ECtHR say they cannot overturn judgements made by national courts you believe they don't understand their own powers?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #384 on: September 21, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »

Really? how did he do that then? surely that is beyond his powers?.
Do you not mean "Sr Amaral asserts Madeliene McCann is dead" ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2017, 01:00:08 PM »
So when the ECtHR say they cannot overturn judgements made by national courts you believe they don't understand their own powers?

I am still waiting for Brietta to answer these questions when i asked earlier.

stephen25000

« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
Really? how did he do that then? surely that is beyond his powers?.
Do you not mean "Sr Amaral asserts Madeliene McCann is dead" ?

Quite right.

Amaral doesn't declare a person is dead, though he may believe that.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »

I am still waiting for Brietta to answer these questions when i asked earlier.

We know what the answers are. The ECtHR has them plastered all over its website for all to read.
The issue is that some people believe this case to be of greater legal significance than it really is.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »
We know what the answers are. The ECtHR has them plastered all over its website for all to read.
The issue is that some people believe this case to be of greater legal significance than it really is.

Hope springs eternal I suppose.....
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »
declare
dɪˈklɛː/Submit
verb
say something in a solemn and emphatic manner.
"the prime minister declared that the programme of austerity had paid off"
synonyms:   proclaim, announce, make known, state, communicate, reveal, divulge, mention, talk about, raise, moot, air, bring into the open, voice, articulate, pronounce, express, vent, set forth, make public, publicize, disseminate, circulate, publish, broadcast, promulgate, trumpet, blazon; informalcome out with, shout from the rooftops; literarynoise abroad, blazon abroad; rarepreconize
"she loses no opportunity to declare her political principles"

Please desist from the usual inane chatter.
adjective: inane
lacking sense or meaning; silly.
"don't badger people with inane questions"
synonyms:   silly, foolish, stupid, fatuous, idiotic, absurd, ridiculous, ludicrous, laughable, risible, imbecilic, moronic, cretinous, unintelligent, witless, asinine, pointless, senseless, frivolous, nonsensical, brainless, mindless, thoughtless, vacuous, vapid, empty-headed; childish, puerile, infantile, jejune; informaldaft, dumb, dim, half-baked, gormless, damfool; informaldivvy; informalglaikit; informaldumb-ass; informaldof
"an inane remark"
antonyms:   intelligent, sensible

Nice to see some members declaring inanely their rather obvious upset that Madeleine's parents are safeguarding her interests by taking their case to the European Court of Human Rights.

This is one so called supporter who will be content if their application is successful.  ?{)(**
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:05:01 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....