Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530304 times)

stephen25000

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #405 on: September 21, 2017, 08:51:22 PM »
I mean if the Portuguese arrest the people who were responsible for Madeleine's disappearance & it's not the McCanns, they will be "more innocent" when the ECHR consider their case agains the State of Portugal.

Yet again.

An abduction has not been proved, and neither has the presence of a third party in the apartment that night.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #406 on: September 21, 2017, 08:52:33 PM »
I mean if the Portuguese arrest the people who were responsible for Madeleine's disappearance & it's not the McCanns, they will be "more innocent" when the ECHR consider their case agains the State of Portugal.

errrr no, that is not how this works. IF the PJ  find an abductor/murderer and they are not the McCanns. Nothing will happen at all at the ECHR. Nothing will happen to Amaral either- apart from his and the PJ's theory will be trashed is all.
 But the McCanns still have to pay Amaral.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #407 on: September 21, 2017, 08:57:56 PM »
What I notice is that it keeps Madeleine's name in the media, it keeps the public interested in the case, even if it is only criticising the parents actions.  Spend 50k on private detectives or 50k on taking a case to the ECHR and I'd guarantee more value for their money from the court case. (All a matter of opinion).

Her name's been in the media for ten years. Has being turned into the most famous missing child in the world helped her? Not in the least, in my opinion. She is still missing and still no-one knows why or where she went.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #408 on: September 21, 2017, 09:07:50 PM »
I did wonder about that myself. Perhaps the answer will be forthcoming.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps,...but then again Not bloomin likely
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #409 on: September 21, 2017, 09:19:40 PM »

The ECHR, if they take the case, will decide if the state of Portugal violated the McCanns human rights. As the Courts didn't give an opinion on their guilt or innocence that isn't relevant in my opinion.

It must be reminded that, in the present case, the issue isn't the appellants' penal liability, in other words their innocence or their guilt concerning the facts leading to the disappearance of her daughter doesn't have to be appreciated here.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.15 Page 69
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #410 on: September 22, 2017, 01:36:46 AM »
Madeleine's parents' rights and their determination to protect them in the
European court, are inexorably linked to safeguarding her. 
Which made their application to the ECHR for the recognition of the rights wilfully abrogated by the Portuguese appeal court judges inevitable and necessary.

There are no guarantees either for Madeleine or her parents regarding the outcome of the present police investigations trying to find out what happened to her.

Her parents may well have to keep working for her on their own.

In my opinion they have had their right to the presumption of innocence removed by the Portuguese court.  That has the potential to hinder any future work they may undertake on Madeleine's behalf.

In my opinion only ... it will be worth waiting to see what the McCann legals have requested on their behalf.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:22:37 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #411 on: September 22, 2017, 09:26:12 AM »
Madeleine's parents' rights and their determination to protect them in the
European court, are inexorably linked to safeguarding her. 
Which made their application to the ECHR for the recognition of the rights wilfully abrogated by the Portuguese appeal court judges inevitable and necessary.

There are no guarantees either for Madeleine or her parents regarding the outcome of the present police investigations trying to find out what happened to her.

Her parents may well have to keep working for her on their own.

In my opinion they have had their right to the presumption of innocence removed by the Portuguese court.  That has the potential to hinder any future work they may undertake on Madeleine's behalf.

In my opinion only ... it will be worth waiting to see what the McCann legals have requested on their behalf.

What did this Portuguese court say to foster your belief that they removed the McCann's right to the presumption of innocence? I'm sure you have a cite for our perusal.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:23:28 AM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #412 on: September 22, 2017, 09:31:08 AM »

errrr no, that is not how this works. IF the PJ  find an abductor/murderer and they are not the McCanns. Nothing will happen at all at the ECHR. Nothing will happen to Amaral either- apart from his and the PJ's theory will be trashed is all.
 But the McCanns still have to pay Amaral.
Now that is justice!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #413 on: September 22, 2017, 09:44:14 AM »
Now that is justice!

If people are found who 'disappeared' Madeleine that doesn't change the fact that the McCanns came under suspicion or whether someone libelled them by writing about it. Two different things imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #414 on: September 22, 2017, 09:54:09 AM »
What did this Portuguese court say to foster your belief that they removed the McCann's right to the presumption of innocence? I'm sure you have a cite for our perusal.

Groundhog day.

Portugal Supreme Court: The McCanns are not cleared in Maddie Case
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7933.0
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #415 on: September 22, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
Groundhog day.

Are you quoting the whole thread as a cite? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #416 on: September 22, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »
Are you quoting the whole thread as a cite?

Well most of us here did contribute to it Robitty.

It is fairly recent so unless the short term memory is really shot up we should be able to recall vaguely what was said particularly our own contributions and responses to other contributions ... and the fact that said sayings had as forum protocol dictates provenance at time of posting.

I don't know about anyone else on the forum ... but there are occasions when I find the ploy of having to revisit groundhog day tremendously tiresome ... particularly when the subject material is recent and well discussed.

Offline John

« Reply #417 on: September 22, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »
If the McCanns are shown to be innocent? innocent of what? what kind of court case do you think this is?

I think some people are reinventing what the ECHR does. Maybe it has changed since I last looked .. but wait..

A very good point MTI.  The ECHR can only rule on whether ones human rights have been impinged, it has nothing whatsoever to do with guilt or innocence in any national determination as you correctly pointed out.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #418 on: September 22, 2017, 11:15:21 AM »
Groundhog day.

You seem to be suggesting that anything discussed previously shouldn't be discussed again. Or are you suggesting that the previous thread reached the conclusion that a Portuguese court removed the McCann's right to the presumption of innocence? You may have reached that conclusion, but others didn't. I accept that you made it clear it was merely your opinion, so I will content myself with saying that your opinion is wrong (in my opinion)

The Supreme Court judges pointed out that the McCanns were not cleared by the archiving report. Some people think that amounted to removing  their right to the presumption of innocence. I disagree.
Result = happy posting.

Offline John

« Reply #419 on: September 22, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »
Her name's been in the media for ten years. Has being turned into the most famous missing child in the world helped her? Not in the least, in my opinion. She is still missing and still no-one knows why or where she went.

Except for those involved if they exist.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.