Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530347 times)

Offline John

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #435 on: September 22, 2017, 05:00:59 PM »
In order to disprove what I have stated, would you or someone please link to the evidence which was sent to the PP prior to the McCanns being made arguidos?
Tavares de Almeida's interim report, addressed to the Co-ordinator of the Investigaion, is dated 11th September. A previous report dated 3rd September merely requested further a rogatory letter for additional investigative work considered necessary in the UK.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAVARES_ALMEIDA.htm

The Portuguese police pursued the matter on the basis of the evidence and leads they were presented with. There are numerous threads on here which deal with that evidence so I have no wish to trawl through it all again. Needless to say, the actions of the parents attracted close interest and scrutiny by those charged to investigate Madeleine's disappearance. They would have been guilty of a dereliction of duty had they not pursued those leads.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #436 on: September 22, 2017, 05:01:45 PM »
You do have the right to a good name. In both cases there are false accusations & the presumption of innocence is breached by the media (not admissible under article 8 but taken into consideration by the ECHR). In both cases the lives of those libelled have been adversely affected- Kate had to give up her job & the family has endured a relentless campaign of hate against them. In 10 years, none of the accusations made in Amaral's book have been proven true or resulted in criminal charges. Public exposure was sought not for themselves but for their missing child.

Which part of the act is a “right to a good name”?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline misty

« Reply #437 on: September 22, 2017, 05:52:08 PM »
Which part of the act is a “right to a good name”?

http://www.echr.coe.int/LibraryDocs/Roagna2012_EN.pdf

See page 12"What is private life". Perhaps in my haste I should have said "right to protect your image or reputation".

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #438 on: September 22, 2017, 08:42:20 PM »

See page 12"What is private life". Perhaps in my haste I should have said "right to protect your image or reputation".

Very much entangled in Private vs. Public IMHO.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2017, 11:47:41 AM »
I will answer this post when I have had chance to assemble all the relevant information.

I would be interested in knowing why you seemed to think Kate McCann had to give up her job. That suggests to me that she had no choice.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #440 on: September 23, 2017, 12:09:54 PM »
I would be interested in knowing why you seemed to think Kate McCann had to give up her job. That suggests to me that she had no choice.

To be fair there were several reasons.  Someone in her position with the public exposure she received could never hope to hold a job where she came face to face with Joe Public every day.  Just imagine the abuse she could have attracted by those who dispute her version of events. She has since gone back to a more suitable post within the industry where exposure is very much limited.

She also needed time out to concentrate on the search for Madeleine although arguable as to what she actually did.  Then there was the mammoth task of writing her book and all that came with it followed by the legal actions, appeals etc in Portugal.

Finally, the other reason she chose to give up work was to concentrate on the twins in their early years.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #441 on: September 23, 2017, 01:57:51 PM »
To be fair there were several reasons.  Someone in her position with the public exposure she received could never hope to hold a job where she came face to face with Joe Public every day.  Just imagine the abuse she could have attracted by those who dispute her version of events. She has since gone back to a more suitable post within the industry where exposure is very much limited.

She also needed time out to concentrate on the search for Madeleine although arguable as to what she actually did.  Then there was the mammoth task of writing her book and all that came with it followed by the legal actions, appeals etc in Portugal.

Finally, the other reason she chose to give up work was to concentrate on the twins in their early years.

I was wondering why Misty seemed to be linking Kate's resignation to Amaral's book.

I agree with you that interacting with the public would have been a bad idea, but Kate never gave that as a reason for resigning, except to say she might not have been patient with 'time wasters'. She said nothing about how patients might have behaved towards her. How do you know what type of job she's doing now?
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2017, 06:12:39 PM »

The Mccanns put their life in the media.

Quite deliberately.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #443 on: September 23, 2017, 06:51:40 PM »
The Mccanns put their life in the media.

Quite deliberately.

Page 63

And also, they are voluntary public figures, because they accepted to be thrown into the vulnerability of the public sphere, as a consequence of the role that they tried to assume in the public debate in which they decided to intervene.

Actually, as stated in the judgement under appeal and as it results from the proven facts, it was the appellants themselves who, by virtue of having easy access to the public debate, multiplied in interviews and interventions in the national and international media. Thus they opened the way for any person wishing equally to express an opinion on the case, contradicting their thesis.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.15
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #444 on: September 23, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »
As a reminder...................

'I couldn’t make love to Gerry'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/534451/i-couldnt-make-love-to-gerry/

Note, for some people.

It is not an opinion that the McCann's put themselves voluntarily in the media.

It is a fact, as the above quote amply demonstrates.

I find it in bad taste.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #445 on: September 23, 2017, 09:26:18 PM »
As a reminder...................

'I couldn’t make love to Gerry'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/534451/i-couldnt-make-love-to-gerry/

Note, for some people.

It is not an opinion that the McCann's put themselves voluntarily in the media.

It is a fact, as the above quote amply demonstrates.

I find it in bad taste.
Are you implying just because someone is a public person another is allowed to say what they like about that person?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #446 on: September 23, 2017, 09:32:31 PM »
Are you implying just because someone is a public person another is allowed to say what they like about that person?

The Mccanns chose to use the media for their own ends.

Tell me Rob, how did that story aid the 'search for Madeleine ?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #447 on: September 23, 2017, 10:22:05 PM »
The Mccanns chose to use the media for their own ends.

Tell me Rob, how did that story aid the 'search for Madeleine ?
It had people looking for Madeleine all over the world.  Billions of sets of eyes.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #448 on: September 23, 2017, 10:49:07 PM »
It had people looking for Madeleine all over the world.  Billions of sets of eyes.

All looking for and some reporting blonde 4 year olds.

stephen25000

« Reply #449 on: September 24, 2017, 01:50:17 AM »
l

How would talking about their private lives would result in people searching ?

I'm all ears on that one .