Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530370 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #450 on: September 24, 2017, 09:37:14 AM »
It had people looking for Madeleine all over the world. Billions of sets of eyes.

Hardly. Most of the world population was not looking for her.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #451 on: September 24, 2017, 10:23:52 AM »
Hardly. Most of the world population was not looking for her.

Or there again billions of eyes failed to see her,perhaps she was not any where to be seen.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #452 on: September 24, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »
Are you implying just because someone is a public person another is allowed to say what they like about that person?

Stephen is saying that if you go down the road of seeking public sympathy, don't go crying when it all turns sour.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #453 on: September 24, 2017, 10:39:44 AM »
Stephen is saying that if you go down the road of seeking public sympathy, don't go crying when it all turns sour.
I don't see them crying but standing up for justice.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #454 on: September 24, 2017, 10:55:58 AM »

What justice are you referring to Rob ?

After all, but for what they did, this part of the forum wouldn't exist.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #455 on: September 24, 2017, 11:15:50 AM »

The Supreme court pointed out that by using the media to broadcast their theory they opened up the possibility that other, opposing, theories might be broadcast. I think that's just. It would be unjust if only one opinion was allowed to be heard, surely?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #456 on: September 24, 2017, 12:02:56 PM »
The McCanns lawyers used various arguments as to why Amaral's theory shouldn't be heard.

1. The McCanns were cleared by the archiving report.
2. Amaral was constrained by Judicial secrecy.
3. As a retired policeman, Amaral was supposed to respect the presumption of innocence.

All three were dismissed during the appeals process.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #457 on: September 24, 2017, 12:05:29 PM »
The Supreme court pointed out that by using the media to broadcast their theory they opened up the possibility that other, opposing, theories might be broadcast. I think that's just. It would be unjust if only one opinion was allowed to be heard, surely?
I have heard the McCanns say they don't mind people having theories but even the title of his book seemed to  be presenting the ideas as fact not theory.  "The truth of the lie" suggests more than just another theory.
The McCanns lawyers used various arguments as to why Amaral's theory shouldn't be heard.

1. The McCanns were cleared by the archiving report.
2. Amaral was constrained by Judicial secrecy.
3. As a retired policeman, Amaral was supposed to respect the presumption of innocence.

All three were dismissed during the appeals process.
Is it any wonder they want to go to the ECHR for a ruling.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #458 on: September 24, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »
I have heard the McCanns say they don't mind people having theories but even the title of his book seemed to  be presenting the ideas as fact not theory.  "The truth of the lie" suggests more than just another theory.Is it any wonder they want to go to the ECHR for a ruling.

Is it known what ruling they want though?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #459 on: September 24, 2017, 12:30:02 PM »
Have they submitted the reasons yet?  Would the ECHR be obliged to publish them before acceptance ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #460 on: September 24, 2017, 12:38:35 PM »
I have heard the McCanns say they don't mind people having theories but even the title of his book seemed to  be presenting the ideas as fact not theory.  "The truth of the lie" suggests more than just another theory.Is it any wonder they want to go to the ECHR for a ruling.

Maybe you should read the book and understand that it a theory based on the information and position of the investigation when GA left. Too many people appear to want to condemn the book for what they “hope” it says.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #461 on: September 24, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »

You think the ECHR is going to consider and give a judgement on what the title of a book 'suggests'? I think you have completely misunderstood their raison d'etre.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #462 on: September 24, 2017, 06:42:14 PM »
Is it known what ruling they want though?
No one seems to know. I am sure were it "properly" in the public domain we would have heard all about it from alpha to omega by now
They will however have to make do with whatever ruling the ECtHR slings at them rather than what they may want.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #463 on: September 24, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »
You think the ECHR is going to consider and give a judgement on what the title of a book 'suggests'? I think you have completely misunderstood their raison d'etre.
Hopefully they look at it as a whole and decide whether this was a public servant breaking his own country's code of conduct rules or whether it was just Joe Citizen coming up with a theory.
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #464 on: September 24, 2017, 08:50:27 PM »
Hopefully they look at it as a whole and decide whether this was a public servant breaking his own country's code of conduct rules or whether it was just Joe Citizen coming up with a theory.

I think you misunderstand what the ECHR is for?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.