Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530303 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #465 on: September 24, 2017, 09:21:38 PM »
I think you misunderstand what the ECHR is for?
I probably do but that is what I hope for.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #466 on: September 27, 2017, 11:36:28 PM »
I think you misunderstand what the ECHR is for?

This is my 3rd post on this.. censorship is something the ECHR really don't like supporting.

It really doesn't matter that the reason for taking Portugal to court for Human Rights is, that fact remains No Country has to abide by their ruling so it really is very very muchy  muchy pointless.
Here is what is NOT going to happen:
ECHR will NOT listen to individuals moanings about bent cops
ECHR will not produce any documentation to 'clear' the McCanns because a crime has not been established and supported with evidence
ECHR will not make the Portuguese Government hang Amaral from a tall tree for munching on sardines and other sea creatures while a child was claimed to be missing.

I mean that is a bit rich them complaining about Amaral eating his din dins when the Tapas eating theirs is what caused this whole sorry mess. Oooops there I go making accusations about them leaving their children alone night after night.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:51:37 AM by Eleanor »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

« Reply #467 on: October 13, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »
http://portugalresident.com/judges-%E2%80%9Cfeel-pressured-to-reach-decisions-in-record-time%E2%80%9D

Posted by PORTUGALPRESS on October 13, 2017

Judges feel “pressured to deliver judgements in record time”.

So says Manuela Paupério who is not a stand-up comedian: she is the president of the association of the country’s judges’ syndicates.

Paupério dropped this ‘bombshell’ - considering Portugal is a country where justice has become notorious for taking far too long - in the right company.

She was addressing the 11th national congress in Figueira da Foz, thus there will have been no laughing in the aisles.

Tabloid Correio de Manhã has highlighted her speech today, explaining that judges’ pressures, according to Paupério, follow “growing visibility given to decision-making”.

In the syndicate boss’ opinion, this is not the way forwards.

Decisions should not take more than a “reasonable time” but they should be “considered, prudent and reflected”, taken without “constraints or pressures”.

At the roots of judicial discontent are delays in the “revision” of the judges’ Statute, which should have been concluded six years ago.

The constant postponement, said Paupério, shows the lack of consideration given to this sovereign power. Indeed, she recalled that president of the Supreme Tribunal of Justice António Gaspar, has already complained that judicial power is the “poor relation in the closed condominium of other sovereign powers”.

Elsewhere, reports explain that both the president of the republic Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, and prime minister António Costa, “made up part of the (congress') programme, but were not present”.

Absent too was the Minister of Justice who was represented by her secretary of state.

Concluded Paupério: “All judges want are the respect and consideration due to any citizen who performs a service of elevated public interest”.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

=================================================================

I wonder how rushed the SC were when they ruled against the McCanns?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #468 on: October 14, 2017, 06:25:38 AM »
http://portugalresident.com/judges-%E2%80%9Cfeel-pressured-to-reach-decisions-in-record-time%E2%80%9D

Posted by PORTUGALPRESS on October 13, 2017

Judges feel “pressured to deliver judgements in record time”.

So says Manuela Paupério who is not a stand-up comedian: she is the president of the association of the country’s judges’ syndicates.

Paupério dropped this ‘bombshell’ - considering Portugal is a country where justice has become notorious for taking far too long - in the right company.

She was addressing the 11th national congress in Figueira da Foz, thus there will have been no laughing in the aisles.

Tabloid Correio de Manhã has highlighted her speech today, explaining that judges’ pressures, according to Paupério, follow “growing visibility given to decision-making”.

In the syndicate boss’ opinion, this is not the way forwards.

Decisions should not take more than a “reasonable time” but they should be “considered, prudent and reflected”, taken without “constraints or pressures”.

At the roots of judicial discontent are delays in the “revision” of the judges’ Statute, which should have been concluded six years ago.

The constant postponement, said Paupério, shows the lack of consideration given to this sovereign power. Indeed, she recalled that president of the Supreme Tribunal of Justice António Gaspar, has already complained that judicial power is the “poor relation in the closed condominium of other sovereign powers”.

Elsewhere, reports explain that both the president of the republic Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, and prime minister António Costa, “made up part of the (congress') programme, but were not present”.

Absent too was the Minister of Justice who was represented by her secretary of state.

Concluded Paupério: “All judges want are the respect and consideration due to any citizen who performs a service of elevated public interest”.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

=================================================================

I wonder how rushed the SC were when they ruled against the McCanns?

Well they took the time to write a 75 page report.........
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #469 on: October 14, 2017, 11:27:45 PM »

It took 75 pages to impart the ruling that Goncalo was not guilty but was inconclusive with respect to his pursuers?  That my dears is called an own goal!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:30:45 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline misty

« Reply #470 on: October 14, 2017, 11:49:15 PM »

Really? In your opinion, they wrote only 28 pages in the report.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.msg385533#msg385533
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:07:50 PM by misty »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #471 on: October 15, 2017, 12:50:09 AM »
Really? In your opinion, they wrote only 27 pages in the report.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.msg385533#msg385533
The bulk of it seemed like a copy and paste.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #472 on: October 15, 2017, 10:55:05 AM »
The bulk of it seemed like a copy and paste.

A bit like here then..... @)(++(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #473 on: October 15, 2017, 11:03:38 AM »

Cites are often required.  This invokes Copying and Pasting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #474 on: December 03, 2017, 06:24:49 PM »
I dont think the SC judgeemnt changed anything........imo it was a very clumsy statement.
I still maintain taht the absence of evidence is evidence of innocence    ...my opinion ...and i think it will be interesting to see the ECHR view on the ruling......if...as Im sure it will be...the case is accepted

Thus, it does not appear acceptable to consider that the alluded dispatch, based on the insufficiency of evidence, should be treated as evidence of innocence.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:30:01 PM by John »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #475 on: December 03, 2017, 09:36:16 PM »
I dont think the SC judgeemnt changed anything........imo it was a very clumsy statement.
I still maintain taht the absence of evidence is evidence of innocence    ...my opinion ...and i think it will be interesting to see the ECHR view on the ruling......if...as Im sure it will be...the case is accepted

Thus, it does not appear acceptable to consider that the alluded dispatch, based on the insufficiency of evidence, should be treated as evidence of innocence.

Can it be said unequivocally that an application has been made to the ECtHR ?
You know boring stuff like court record numbers and so on rather than a cut and paste from "Ye Olde Currante Bunne"?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

« Reply #476 on: December 03, 2017, 09:40:39 PM »
You know boring stuff like court record numbers and so on rather than a cut and paste from "Ye Olde Currante Bunne"?

I've not been able to find anything - not that that means much, my search skills being far below par compared with some on here.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #477 on: December 03, 2017, 09:47:24 PM »

we have this...

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell told MailOnline: 'I can confirm that Kate and Gerry McCann’s Portuguese lawyers lodged an appeal application in the Amaral case with the European Court of Human Rights in July of this year.
'The Court acknowledged the application in August and its admissibility is now being examined. Kate and Gerry will not be commenting on any aspect whatsoever as it remains entirely a matter for their Portuguese lawyers.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4867778/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-appeal-European-Court.html#ixzz50EjACXug
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook...

perhaps its all lies

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #478 on: December 03, 2017, 10:08:31 PM »
we have this...

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell told MailOnline: 'I can confirm that Kate and Gerry McCann’s Portuguese lawyers lodged an appeal application in the Amaral case with the European Court of Human Rights in July of this year.
'The Court acknowledged the application in August and its admissibility is now being examined. Kate and Gerry will not be commenting on any aspect whatsoever as it remains entirely a matter for their Portuguese lawyers.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4867778/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-appeal-European-Court.html#ixzz50EjACXug

perhaps its all lies

Until it arrives in a publically accessible ECHR system we won’t know.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #479 on: December 03, 2017, 10:09:39 PM »
we have this...

perhaps its all lies

It would be a foolish man who went in to bat on the strength of that.