Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530307 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #615 on: December 11, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »

I wouldn't think that was a problem for him.

Especially the amount raised for him, he has a lot of respect IMO.

i think he has little respect..imo

Offline barrier

« Reply #616 on: December 11, 2017, 11:40:47 AM »
One gets the sense of feeling that acceptance or not of the case going to the ECHR is pending.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #617 on: December 11, 2017, 11:41:30 AM »
THEY CANNOT ENFORCE ANY DECISION AGAINST A COUNTRY.

Even the Express can get some things right. 8)-)))

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/856415/European-Court-of-Human-Rights-ECHR-rulings-Council-of-Europe-Thorbjorn-Jagland

and

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/03/conservatives-ignore-european-court-human-rights-rulings

the ECHR cn order the portuguese govt to pay the mccanns compensation...the govt dont have to but it would be very bad press for portugal if they refused..imo

stephen25000

« Reply #618 on: December 11, 2017, 11:41:38 AM »

You mean from the mccanns and their small band of supporters ?

Hardly surprising.

Offline barrier

« Reply #619 on: December 11, 2017, 11:42:40 AM »
You mean from the mccanns and their small band of supporters ?

Hardly surprising.

You know you've made in it the world when that happens.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:45:53 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #620 on: December 11, 2017, 11:42:51 AM »

Well not by the people who helped him win the case, against the mccanns.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #621 on: December 11, 2017, 11:42:59 AM »
One gets the sense of feeling that acceptance or not of the case going to the ECHR is pending.
as i have said having looked at the acceptance criteria i cannot see any reason it not being accepted

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #622 on: December 11, 2017, 11:43:59 AM »

Well not by the people who helped him win the case, against the mccanns.

'In my opinion' a group who by judging from their comments did not understand the evidence

Post amended with CAVEAT.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:49:03 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline barrier

« Reply #623 on: December 11, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »
as i have said having looked at the acceptance criteria i cannot see any reason it not being accepted

Does any one know if the Portuguese get to put their point of view across before such a decision to proceed is taken,if it gets that far.

stephen25000

« Reply #624 on: December 11, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »
the ECHR cn order the portuguese govt to pay the mccanns compensation...the govt dont have to but it would be very bad press for portugal if they refused..imo

Compensation for what ?

Leaving their children unattended and undefended, whilst they socialized  ?

Can you remind me of what is the maximum level of compensation awarded by the E.C.H.R. and with a CITE ?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #625 on: December 11, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »
a group who by judging from their comments did not understand the evidence

IYO

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #626 on: December 11, 2017, 12:57:43 PM »
Of course they can...they can rule that the SC have misinterpreted EU law and amaral has libelled the mccanns ...they have no enforcement against amaral but against the portuguese state

1) Which bit of EU law do you think the SC misinterpreted?
2) Was the bit of Portuguese law they relied on in direct conflict with EU law ? Reference numbers will do.
3) If there was no direct conflict between the laws then the ECJ have no powers to intervene.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #627 on: December 11, 2017, 12:59:05 PM »
If the mccanns are successful in europe then the have a ruling taht amarals claims infringe their right to a good name,...libel.. If amaral repeats any claims they can then go back to the portuguese court with this clear ruling.

The SC were at pains to comply with EU law...are they suddenly going to ignore it in a new case...not imo

How many times must you be told, the ECHR has no interest in disputes between individuals, they are only concerned with States who breach human rights.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #628 on: December 11, 2017, 01:01:35 PM »
How many times must you be told, the ECHR has no interest in disputes between individuals, they are only concerned with States who breach human rights.

if you read my posts you will see I have a full understang of the case...probably more than most others on the forum...imo...its mccanns vs portugal

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #629 on: December 11, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »

Compensation for being shit parents?  @)(++(*

Not many people go abroad with three children and come back with two due entirely to their own selfishness and lack of common sense where child security is concerned.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:05:24 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!