Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530303 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #675 on: December 11, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »
That would suggest that the application in some cases may be suspect, not the law itself.

This is why countries have a system of higher courts.

I shall have to have a think about that.  But at least it is a pertinent point.  Thank you for that.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #676 on: December 11, 2017, 05:47:40 PM »
The case before the ECHR wil deal with very specific points of law...it wont bring everything back to the sceptic mantra of..."it was all the mccanns fault"...imo ......

Offline barrier

« Reply #677 on: December 11, 2017, 05:47:52 PM »
I am becoming increasingly fed up with demands for the rights of Madeleine when so many believe her dead, without any proof at all.  This actually deprives her of the right to be alive.

We all know that Madeleine is innocent.

It maybe unpalatable to contemplate it,but SY and I dare say the PJ can't confirm either way,Rowley is pessimistic about it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:31:57 PM by slartibartfast »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #678 on: December 11, 2017, 05:48:19 PM »
The case before the ECHR wil deal with very specific points of law...it wont bring everything back to the sceptic mantra of..."it was all the mccanns fault"...imo ......

Nor Amarals.imo
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #679 on: December 11, 2017, 05:49:15 PM »
Nor Amarals.imo

correct...it will deal with the reasoning of the SC in reaching its verdict..imo

Offline John

« Reply #680 on: December 11, 2017, 05:50:07 PM »
this application is against portugal and the verdict given by the SC.......it will not consider maddies human rights...they are not relevant to this case...imo

I disagree davel because this entire case is about Madeleine and what happened to her.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #681 on: December 11, 2017, 05:50:18 PM »
Someone claimed earlier that the ECHR would not concern itself with Madeleine's rights, the following says differently.

Article 24 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights

The rights of the child

1. Children shall have the right to such protection and care as is necessary for their well-being. They may express their views freely. Such views shall be taken into consideration on matters which concern them in accordance with their age and maturity.
2. In all actions relating to children, whether taken by public authorities or private institutions, the child''s best interests must be a primary consideration.
3. Every child shall have the right to maintain on a regular basis a personal relationship and direct contact with both his or her parents, unless that is contrary to his or her interests.

http://fra.europa.eu/en/charterpedia/article/24-rights-child

And these children have a right to be deemed alive when there is no evidence to the contrary.

There is no evidence for believing that Madeleine is dead.  And certainly no proof.

Offline John

« Reply #682 on: December 11, 2017, 05:51:11 PM »
Madeleine was excluded from the original case so cannot be considered by the ECHR in this case. IMO

The only exclusion related to the names on the original writ.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline jassi

« Reply #683 on: December 11, 2017, 05:54:53 PM »
The only exclusion related to the names on the original writ.

As she wasn't named on the writ, I don't see how she can considered  when examining points of law arising from the Supreme Courts findings.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #684 on: December 11, 2017, 05:54:59 PM »
And these children have a right to be deemed alive when there is no evidence to the contrary.

There is no evidence for believing that Madeleine is dead.  And certainly no proof.

The fact that she disappeared under mysterious circumstances and has not been seen for over ten years, the fact that her parents were both suspects in that disappearance would leave most people with a slight inkling that she is deceased.

Offline John

« Reply #685 on: December 11, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »
As she wasn't named on the writ, I don't see how she can considered  when examining points of law arising from the Supreme Courts findings.

Without Madeleine there is no case.

Offline barrier

« Reply #686 on: December 11, 2017, 05:56:16 PM »

She was named on the SC judgement.

Kate, Gerald, Madeleine, Sean and Amelie McCann ― the last three minors represented by the first claimants, their parents ― filed, against Gonçalo Amaral, the publisher Guerra & Paz, Editores SA, the audiovisual production company Valentim de Carvalho-Filmes e Audiovisuais SA and the TV Channel TVI-Televisão Independente, legal actions in the ordinary form, subsequently attached to Lisbon 1st Civil Chamber, demanding the condemnation of the first defendant to pay the claimants the total amount of €1.200.000, plus interest at the legal rate since the summons, as compensation for moral damages arising from the publication by the first defendant, in book and DVD, of his version of the facts related to the disappearance of the minor MMC, third claimant, and the prohibition for sale, publication or disclosure by all defendants, book and DVD in question.

Offline John

« Reply #687 on: December 11, 2017, 05:57:05 PM »

Why, because that wouldn't be convenient?

Offline jassi

« Reply #688 on: December 11, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »
Without Madeleine there is no case.

True.
Perhaps we need to see the exact details of the application before the court.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #689 on: December 11, 2017, 06:03:50 PM »
Why, because that wouldn't be convenient?

because it would not be relevant  to this particular issue