Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530224 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #795 on: December 12, 2017, 01:19:40 PM »
I'm sure the McCanns will be aware of this ....I've given my opinion on what the McCann's will be objecting to....
And what they will ask the court to consider.
...the quote I supplied sums it up imo

Where?
Give post numbers.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #796 on: December 12, 2017, 01:46:48 PM »
I think the best we can do is wait for more information. Just a case of waiting to see if presuming the McCann lawyers have submitted an application to the court on their behalf; then if the application will be considered.  After that it will possibly be a very long wait for resolution one way or the other.

Just a waiting game really.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #797 on: December 12, 2017, 05:39:12 PM »
What is your experience in law. European or otherwise.

Before you give the inevitable response, I don't proclaim to.

However, through my contacts, I know a Barrister who has knowledge of this field of law, and asked his opinion.

you say you have asked a barrister his opinion ...would you like to share as the posts you have made on the topic dont really indicate any professional knowledge..imo
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:41:33 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #798 on: December 12, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »
you say you have asked a barrister his opinion ...would you like to share as the posts you have made on the topic dont really indicate any professional knowledge..imo

So what was his opinion..it would be good to have some professional input

Offline John

« Reply #799 on: December 12, 2017, 10:10:12 PM »
I have been down this road, it is a very slow process as the Application moves through the various stages.

An Application to the ECHR is simply a matter of filling out several pages of a standard booklet and submitting it, no fee involved.  The McCanns should have heard by now if their Application has been accepted.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:12:51 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #800 on: December 12, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »
I have been down this road, it is a very slow process as the Application moves through the various stages.

An Application to the ECHR is simply a matter of filling out several pages of a standard booklet and submitting it, no fee involved.  The McCanns should have heard by now if their Application has been accepted.

interesting ....but as they have said they wont be giving a running commentary. We will probably have to wait until the case is listed before anything is posted online which of course could be some time

Offline John

« Reply #801 on: December 12, 2017, 10:25:18 PM »
interesting ....but as they have said they wont be giving a running commentary. We will probably have to wait until the case is listed before anything is posted online which of course could be some time

I suspect it has been rejected.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #802 on: December 12, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »
I suspect it has been rejected.

based on what...Im fairly certain it will be accepted
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:31:29 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #803 on: December 12, 2017, 11:30:56 PM »
based on what...Im fairly certain it will be accepted

The acceptance criteria is quite straightforward forward and as far as I can see the McCann's application should satisfy all the criteria and be accepted. If anyone thinks it shouldn't it would be good to explain on what basis it will be rejected... otherwise their opinion doesn't carry a lot of weight...imo

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #804 on: December 13, 2017, 08:09:11 AM »
The acceptance criteria is quite straightforward forward and as far as I can see the McCann's application should satisfy all the criteria and be accepted. If anyone thinks it shouldn't it would be good to explain on what basis it will be rejected... otherwise their opinion doesn't carry a lot of weight...imo

Repeating an opinion does not make it a fact.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #805 on: December 13, 2017, 08:11:58 AM »

Ninety percent of applications are rejected. So far you haven't explained which of the McCann's human rights you think have been breached and how. Until you do that your opinion carries no weight either. Make your case!
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #806 on: December 13, 2017, 08:14:40 AM »
Ninety percent of applications are rejected. So far you haven't explained which of the McCann's human rights you think have been breached and how. Until you do that your opinion carries no weight either. Make your case!

my opinin is that the application will be accepted and I have clearly expalined which human rights have been affected so by your argument my opinion carries weight

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #807 on: December 13, 2017, 08:15:22 AM »
Repeating an opinion does not make it a fact.

Thats why my post contains..imo

stephen25000

« Reply #808 on: December 13, 2017, 08:23:42 AM »
The mccanns human rights have not been affected.

They brought the case.

They failed.

It is sour grapes and/or attempted delaying tactics which has led to this attempt to go to the E.C.H.R., after first saying they wouldn't, according to sources in the press, of course.

I.M.E.O. of course.

Have they paid up yet ?

We will find out shortly, Companies House Accounts due by the 31 st December 2017.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #809 on: December 13, 2017, 08:26:36 AM »
The mccanns human rights have not been affected.

They brought the case.

They failed.

It is sour grapes and/or attempted delaying tactics which has led to this attempt to go to the E.C.H.R., after first saying they wouldn't, according to sources in the press, of course.

I.M.E.O. of course.

Have they paid up yet ?

We will find out shortly, Companies House Accounts due by the 31 st December 2017.
thats just your opinion....what did your barrister friend say........imo they have been affected and my legal friends agree with me