Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530299 times)

stephen25000

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #945 on: December 14, 2017, 03:50:28 PM »
No,except for some tittle tattle in a newspaper article from a man who the head of the Portuguese police federation was less than complimentary about.

After all, merely because it appears in the MSM, doesn't make it true.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #946 on: December 14, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »
So, is there actually any proof the Mccanns have appealed  ?

Nothing except for a quote from Clarence in a newspaper.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #947 on: December 14, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »
Nothing except for a quote from Clarence in a newspaper.

Unless he personally hand the application to the ECHR, he will only know what he was told.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #948 on: December 14, 2017, 04:45:03 PM »
The fact that Clarence said the application had been acknowledged leads me to believe that an application has been made
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:51:27 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #949 on: December 14, 2017, 05:25:29 PM »

I know there was a time frame within the application had to be submitted ... having acknowledged it ... I think it will take time for the wheels of bureaucracy to grind over a consideration and decision period to determine whether the case will be heard or not.
One case won't take precedence over another.  There will be a queue of cases every one of which will be of paramount importance to the people who have brought them.
No body is going to leap frog to the top of that queue.  So the virtue of patience will have to be the order of the day.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #950 on: December 14, 2017, 05:59:31 PM »
I know there was a time frame within the application had to be submitted ... having acknowledged it ... I think it will take time for the wheels of bureaucracy to grind over a consideration and decision period to determine whether the case will be heard or not.
One case won't take precedence over another.  There will be a queue of cases every one of which will be of paramount importance to the people who have brought them.
No body is going to leap frog to the top of that queue.  So the virtue of patience will have to be the order of the day.
Well once again we are dependent on the follow through for as I do believe the McCanns have a case.

I find the Supreme Court finding relating to the failed re-enactment unfairly blamed the failure on the McCanns.  The McCanns were arguidos at the time and had never refused to attend.  It appears to be Jes Wilkins and Rachael  who don't agree to attend. 

It was difficult to arrange a date that suited and the PJ seemed reluctant to issue summonses in order to force attendance. 
Rachael appears to have no active role in the disappearance of Madeleine so I don't understand how her non-participation should have stopped the re-enactment happening.
It certainly should not be blamed on the McCanns and no consequence of the failure to perform the re-enactment should reflect on the guilt of the McCanns.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #951 on: December 14, 2017, 07:09:20 PM »
The judgement in the first instance banned the book

It was a mystery why the the judge in a lower court thought she could overturn a previous decision made by a higher court.
She found out in quicktime she couldn't.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #952 on: December 14, 2017, 08:30:38 PM »
It was a mystery why the the judge in a lower court thought she could overturn a previous decision made by a higher court.
She found out in quicktime she couldn't.

That may be very pertinent to the ECHR application.....it shows the claim is not manifestly ill founded if a Portuguese judge felt it had merit

stephen25000

« Reply #953 on: December 14, 2017, 09:12:39 PM »
That may be very pertinent to the ECHR application.....it shows the claim is not manifestly ill founded if a Portuguese judge felt it had merit

In reality, the Judge who got it wrong.

'felt' is not good enough. The Supreme Court did It's job by Portuguese Law.

After all, upholding the law is important, is it not.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #954 on: December 14, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »
In reality, the Judge who got it wrong.

'felt' is not good enough. The Supreme Court did It's job by Portuguese Law.

After all, upholding the law is important, is it not.

It absolutely is and that's why we have the ECHR to appeal to if necessary

stephen25000

« Reply #955 on: December 14, 2017, 09:30:10 PM »
It absolutely is and that's why we have the ECHR to appeal to if necessary

Who is this 'we'  ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #956 on: December 14, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »
Who is this 'we'  ?

Its self explanatory

stephen25000

« Reply #957 on: December 14, 2017, 09:32:37 PM »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #958 on: December 14, 2017, 09:34:58 PM »
Not really.

Ok
We...is all those who have recourse to the ECHR

stephen25000

« Reply #959 on: December 14, 2017, 09:37:41 PM »
Ok
We...is all those who have recourse to the ECHR

I have already explained that the E.C.H.R. is effectively toothless.