Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530350 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1020 on: February 08, 2018, 08:53:34 AM »
And how many times are we told that others involved in the case have no requirement to answer questions that are asked on the forum that would clear up or confirm issues?

no one is obliged to answer any questions

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1021 on: February 08, 2018, 09:02:36 AM »
no one is obliged to answer any questions

Not even on this Forum.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1022 on: February 08, 2018, 09:37:35 AM »
Mr Smith's evidence has remained the same throughout. Somehow an unsubstantiated rumour that he had changed his mind became, for some, the truth.

Some are arguing that Gemma O'Doherty's story is unsubstantiated also. I can think of reasons why certain people might want to suggest that Smith had changed his mind and feed that story to the media. I can think of no reason why a lone journalist, 5 years later, would want to invent a story refuting that rumour.

It doesn't actually matter anyway, because the truth is that Mr Smith made his position perfectly clear in October 2013 and there's absolutely no evidence that he ever changed it;

Commenting on the Crimewatch documentary which was broadcast on Monday night he added: “The only new thing in the investigation is the elimination of Jane Tanner’s sighting.

“Apart from that from our point of view everything else remains the same in relation to what we said to the police and the media at the time. We have nothing more to add.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-key-witness-accuses-2433328

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1023 on: February 08, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »
Mr Smith's evidence has remained the same throughout. Somehow an unsubstantiated rumour that he had changed his mind became, for some, the truth.

Some are arguing that Gemma O'Doherty's story is unsubstantiated also. I can think of reasons why certain people might want to suggest that Smith had changed his mind and feed that story to the media. I can think of no reason why a lone journalist, 5 years later, would want to invent a story refuting that rumour.

It doesn't actually matter anyway, because the truth is that Mr Smith made his position perfectly clear in October 2013 and there's absolutely no evidence that he ever changed it;

Commenting on the Crimewatch documentary which was broadcast on Monday night he added: “The only new thing in the investigation is the elimination of Jane Tanner’s sighting.

“Apart from that from our point of view everything else remains the same in relation to what we said to the police and the media at the time. We have nothing more to add.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-key-witness-accuses-2433328

Doesn't matter if the mccanns ate not suspects then the investigators must feel Smith was mistaken

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1024 on: February 08, 2018, 10:08:37 AM »

Mr Smith and his son cooperated with detectives employed by Kate and Gerry McCann, in the production of efits of the man they passed in the street on the 3rd May 2007.

Why would Mr Smith waste time doing that if he was sure of his identification ... everyone by that time knew what Gerry McCann looked like in still, movie and sound.  All he had to do was pick a photo ... any photo ... from that week's editions.  But instead he chose to produce an efit.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating thereof and in my opinion Mr Smith should perhaps consider doing what Angelo suggests and go public.
Just as in my opinion, the damaged Ms O'Doherty should attempt to retrieve something resembling professionalism rather than digging a deeper trench in the bog into which she has mired herself.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1025 on: February 08, 2018, 10:13:36 AM »
Anyway ... discussion of the Ms O'Doherty circus has no locus on the ECHR thread.  So slapped knuckles to me for that ... and may we all get back to the right topic on the right thread, please.

Congrats to Davel for making the attempt to stay on track in the main.   8(0(*
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1026 on: February 08, 2018, 10:14:41 AM »
Mr Smith and his son cooperated with detectives employed by Kate and Gerry McCann, in the production of efits of the man they passed in the street on the 3rd May 2007.

Why would Mr Smith waste time doing that if he was sure of his identification ... everyone by that time knew what Gerry McCann looked like in still, movie and sound.  All he had to do was pick a photo ... any photo ... from that week's editions.  But instead he chose to produce an efit.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating thereof and in my opinion Mr Smith should perhaps consider doing what Angelo suggests and go public.
Just as in my opinion, the damaged Ms O'Doherty should attempt to retrieve something resembling professionalism rather than digging a deeper trench in the bog into which she has mired herself.

If in doubt attack the source.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1027 on: February 08, 2018, 10:17:53 AM »
Anyway ... discussion of the Ms O'Doherty circus has no locus on the ECHR thread.  So slapped knuckles to me for that ... and may we all get back to the right topic on the right thread, please.

Congrats to Davel for making the attempt to stay on track in the main.   8(0(*

Well as he was the one that took it off in the first place ...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1028 on: February 08, 2018, 10:20:04 AM »
If in doubt attack the source.

What source would that be?  We've not been granted the privilege of seeing one yet, have we?  Now ... topic please.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1029 on: February 08, 2018, 10:20:11 AM »
Well as he was the one that took it off in the first place ...

I feel the Mccanns have a very strong case...perhaps thats why sceptics do not wish to discuss it here.....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:24:36 AM by Davel »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1030 on: February 08, 2018, 10:25:35 AM »
What source would that be?  We've not been granted the privilege of seeing one yet, have we?  Now ... topic please.

You mean this isn’t attacking a source.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1031 on: February 08, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »
I feel the Mccanns have a very strong case...perhaps thats why sceptics do not wish to discuss it here.....

No reason to take this thread off topic.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1032 on: February 08, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »
Ensuring the probity of comments made is what mods do, don't you know?

Just as you wouldn't be forced into guesswork regarding what the BBC programme makers did or did not do if Ms Doherty had been able to substantiate the claim she made.
Which apparently she cannot do.

Despite the big build up and the expectations raised I'm afraid no provenance equals, in my opinion, another great big zero and a total waste of space.

The claim has been substantiated. The misleading claim has been cut from the BBC programme. What did you expect to happen ?

In fact she's done rather better than a certain Mr A Summers who failed even to mention in his 'forensically detailed' investigative tome Martin Smith's identification of Gerry.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1033 on: February 08, 2018, 10:28:23 AM »
Anyway no more Ms O’Doherty on here.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1034 on: February 08, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »
No reason to take this thread off topic.

Well it seems no one wants to discuss it... Perhaps, it's, a, bitter pill for sceptics to swallow