Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530285 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1485 on: June 20, 2018, 05:47:26 PM »
If they have not been cleared, then neither has Murat, agreed?

Has that any relevance or is it just a bit of whataboutry?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1486 on: June 20, 2018, 05:48:38 PM »
Not a free for all, just someone involved in the investigation writing what the investigation thought up to a certain point.
What date was the book published in Portugal?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1487 on: June 20, 2018, 05:54:20 PM »
Well I think it does because all three arguidos were "de-arguidoed" at the same time, with the same wording.  Therefore presumably what applies to one, applies to all.  If the McCanns are "not cleared" then is there any reason to suppose that Murat has also not been cleared?  And if he has not been cleared does that mean someone from the original investigation could write a book about how they believed Murat was involved in the disappearance and that their freedom of expression would trump Murat's right not to be libelled in such a way?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #1488 on: June 20, 2018, 06:01:15 PM »
You may not intend it but you sound a little bitter

No, not at all. I happen to find it disturbing (for anyone) to continue to be harrassed by unproven allegations of criminal activity apparently without any form of redress. Media treatment in the UK has been outrageous in some respects, IMO, and some of the contempt of court rulings are simply not adapted to the current instant access to background information that the media can be forbidden to discuss, pending the outcome. I can understand the principle, simply I find it inadequate.

It could one day happen to me, to you, or to anyone.

Even if Madeleine is dead, she might have been alive for some time. Encouraging people to assume that the culprit is "known" (whoever that may be) doesn't really move anything forward, does it?

ETA: The PT tabloids were even worse... they really didn't even bother to attempt any form of unbiased journalism.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:23:05 PM by Carana »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1489 on: June 20, 2018, 06:15:33 PM »
Not a free for all, just someone involved in the investigation writing what the investigation thought up to a certain point.

The investigation never thought it could be proved Maddie died in the apartment and the death wad covered up by the parents... It was one option

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1490 on: June 20, 2018, 06:22:30 PM »
SY believed Colin Stagg was guilty of murder... Do the sceptics herevthinknit would have been acceptable for one of the detectives to wrote a book and appear on TV saying he could prove Stagg was guilty.... Does any sceptics think that would be fair... I already know what supporters would  think

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1491 on: June 20, 2018, 06:34:11 PM »
The investigation never thought it could be proved Maddie died in the apartment and the death wad covered up by the parents... It was one option
Quite - according to the sceptics the PJ were still following up on sightings at this time so they couldn't have been 100% convinced that Madeleine died in the apartment. 

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1492 on: June 20, 2018, 07:09:53 PM »
PDC has said there is no evidence against the parents...surely in a just society that is enough to consider their non involvement...and as Carana has said...how could a recon prove innocence..it makes no sense imo
The fact that the others resisted turning up would be viewed as a guilty reaction.  Do you really think the UK would have stood back and allowed 6 of their doctors to be arrested on no evidence at all? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1493 on: June 20, 2018, 07:14:42 PM »
According to Bridget O'Donnell it was a situation that Jes took very seriously as far as he was concerned.  He had a walk on part ... how much more worried would each of the McCann friends have been given the very bad coverage they had experienced at the hands of the press based mainly on leaks from 'a source close to the investigation'.
was it "walk on" and "walk off"?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1494 on: June 20, 2018, 07:17:10 PM »

You were implying it was age related in the case of Portuguese judges.
It was suggested as a possibility only.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1495 on: June 20, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »
It does.  How come one can be cleared and others not?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1496 on: June 20, 2018, 07:23:18 PM »
The fact that the others resisted turning up would be viewed as a guilty reaction.  Do you really think the UK would have stood back and allowed 6 of their doctors to be arrested on no evidence at all?

What people don't realise us that the UK could do nothing about it....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1497 on: June 20, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »

We seem to do things when the person in question is as guilty as sin...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1498 on: June 20, 2018, 07:26:43 PM »
We seem to do things when the person in question is as guilty as sin...

That requires a cite... My opinon is your post is total BS... Feel free to prove me wrong
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:28:51 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1499 on: June 20, 2018, 07:28:41 PM »
Of course they could.  Even going to the extent of going to war.  There could have been many reactions less drastic than that too.
Moderation