Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530309 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1665 on: June 22, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »
All litigation has been exhausted.

ECHR

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1666 on: June 22, 2018, 09:40:49 AM »
All litigation has been exhausted.

can the  euro  court even overule a  court   verdict  in another country?? i doubt  it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1667 on: June 22, 2018, 09:45:48 AM »
The fact that, as the initial coordinator of the investigation, whatever he said might have added weight on the credibility scale than Joe Blogs for the average reader might have something to do with it.

That;s what the McCann's lawyers argued, but did they manage to prove it?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1668 on: June 22, 2018, 09:50:17 AM »
That;s what the McCann's lawyers argued, but did they manage to prove it?

To make a topical analogy, the ball was on the spot and they shot wide. Like some people here they IMO l assumed it was an open and shut case and failed to prove their case.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1669 on: June 22, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »
ECHR

Which deals with cases against States, not against individuals. The McCann's v Amaral litigation is over. How did you fail to notice that?
Result = happy posting.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1670 on: June 22, 2018, 09:54:16 AM »
Which deals with cases against States, not against individuals. The McCann's v Amaral litigation is over. How did you fail to notice that?

the horse has bolted so to speak has it not?  amaral sells his book in portual as he is allowed  too and those who dont  want to read it or cant  read it because its in portugese  dont have   too  also  wasnt amarals book a open letter/book in response to kates  book?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1671 on: June 22, 2018, 09:55:37 AM »

The ECHR has the power to rule the book defamatory

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1672 on: June 22, 2018, 10:00:29 AM »
The ECHR has the power to rule the book defamatory

No, the ECHR has the power that tell PT that it hasn’t got its balance right. Judging by your previous cites that may cost PT something less than 5k Euros.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1673 on: June 22, 2018, 10:02:36 AM »
The world is full of people who believe that they are right; I was raised by such a person. I never try to change the minds of such people because it's impossible. I just offer my alternative view with supporting evidence where I can and allow others to decide who is correct.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:51:33 AM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1674 on: June 22, 2018, 10:12:02 AM »
the horse has bolted so to speak has it not?  amaral sells his book in portual as he is allowed  too and those who dont  want to read it or cant  read it because its in portugese  dont have   too  also  wasnt amarals book a open letter/book in response to kates  book?

G A book can be bought on amazon/ebay - in English.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1675 on: June 22, 2018, 10:27:36 AM »

That would have been incredibly prescient of him...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1676 on: June 22, 2018, 10:31:27 AM »
That would have been incredibly prescient of him...

Exactly  what I thought

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1677 on: June 22, 2018, 10:42:26 AM »
No, the ECHR has the power that tell PT that it hasn’t got its balance right. Judging by your previous cites that may cost PT something less than 5k Euros.

From my previous quotes it seems the ECHR can say the book was, defamatory

Offline barrier

« Reply #1678 on: June 22, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »
The world is full of people who believe that they are right; I was raised by such a person. I never try to change the minds of such people because it's impossible. I just offer my alternative view with supporting evidence where I can and allow others to decide who is correct.

Hear,hear.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1679 on: June 22, 2018, 10:44:14 AM »
It wasn't possible to prove that the investigation was reopened because new evidence appeared. Possibly because the details weren't released. The matter of new evidence was raised again by the McCann's lawyers in the request for an annulment of the SC judgement.

However, inside the factual matter established as proved in the minutes, there is no fact capable of constituting ground for the review or reopening of the investigation in question,
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Annulment_request.htm

They seem to be saying that there was nothing to justify the review or the reopening within the existing evidence. The PJ review began, unannounced, in March 2011; before Operation Grange began.

With that objective, the National Director of the Judiciary Police, in March 2011, assigned to a team of investigators from the North Directorate a task to re-examine the whole wide range of information contained in the inquest, with the aim to identify information whose further understanding could be revealed useful and possible.

That reanalysis task, which took place during the last two and a half years, helped identify new evidence, which by imposing further investigation, meet the requirements set by article 279º no 1 of the Code of Criminal Procedure for the reopening of the investigation.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id466.htm

That sounds like the review wasn't preceded by the discovery of new evidence to me, it sounds like a fishing expedition to me. Cases archived under 277/1 could only be reviewed or reopened if brand new evidence appeared which was not in the investigator's possession at the time of archiving.

Would potentially relevant information that had previously been inadequately examined and simply filed constitute "new" or not?

Were the assaults on children ever investigated? If so, I can find nothing to indicate any resolution of those cases. And if so, was any potential connection between those cases and Madeleine's disappearance investigated at the time?

Information on discrete crimes could be held (therefore not technically "new") in various files, possibly by different forces, but simply a lack of resources (in the broadest sense) might not have brought to light a potentially credible, but unexplored potential connection.

If that potential connection had then been spotted, would that be a "new" element warranting serious investigation, or would it not be new as the background information had already been received but was lying in a dusty file somewhere?