Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530309 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1695 on: June 22, 2018, 12:28:23 PM »
In my opinion he fits the bill as a  "former public official" / "person  of  recognised  public  standing, from having held a public position of importance in the past"

Neither the Court of appeal nor the Supreme Court seem to agree with that line of thought.

There is a bet to place.
The purse is laid on either the opinion of Judges wot have had plenty of college on the requisite laws or the opinion of an anonymous internet poster who manifestly is not fluent in Portuguese let alone Portuguese Legalese.
Mesdames et Messieurs! Faites vos jeux!.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 02:04:58 PM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1696 on: June 22, 2018, 12:34:58 PM »
Neither the Court of appeal nor the Supreme Court seem to agree with that line of thought.

There is a bet to place.
The purse is laid on either the opinion of Judges wot have had plenty of college on the requisite laws or the opinion of an anonymous internet poster who manifestly is not fluent in Portuguese let alone Portuguese Legalese.
Mesdames et Messieurs! Faites vos jeux!.

The SC are on record, as having made mistakes......perhaps this is one of them...
Professionals do not always get things right and it's valid to question their decision....
Let's look where this started... We have the opinion of the experienced detective who led the investigation... Or the opinion of an an anonymous  internet poster.... Who understands the evidence better...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:48:20 PM by Davel »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1697 on: June 22, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »
The SC are on record, as having made mistakes......perhaps this is one of them...
Professionals do not always get things right and it's valid to question their decision....
Let's look where this started... We have the opinion of the experienced detective who led the investigation... Or the opinion of an an anonymous  internet poster.... Who understands the evidence better...

All very good but the question posed was "where are you going to place your bet".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:56:38 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1698 on: June 22, 2018, 01:06:41 PM »
As I do... But I have seen precious little supported by evidence to suggest the parents are involved in any criminal activity

Perhaps you can point to the 'sufficient evidence' which demonstrates that they didn't commit a crime, as per 277/1?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1699 on: June 22, 2018, 01:15:56 PM »
Perhaps you can point to the 'sufficient evidence' which demonstrates that they didn't commit a crime, as per 277/1?

I don't think they have to supply any evidence that they did not commit a crime... That's, a presumption  of guilt... Not innocence

But is you look at the archiving report there is a list of reasons... Evidence.  .as to why they may not have committed a crime
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:25:12 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1700 on: June 22, 2018, 01:25:48 PM »
All very good but the question posed was "where are you going to place your bet".

That's an easy one... On a McCann victory

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1701 on: June 22, 2018, 01:41:25 PM »
That's an easy one... On a McCann victory

I'm sure Maddie wouldn't agree.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1702 on: June 22, 2018, 01:50:24 PM »
I'm sure Maddie wouldn't agree.

I think you should see my post in the context it was made... I think the McCann's have very good chance at the ECHR

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1703 on: June 22, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »
I don't think they have to supply any evidence that they did not commit a crime... That's, a presumption  of guilt... Not innocence

But is you look at the archiving report there is a list of reasons... Evidence.  .as to why they may not have committed a crime

If you re=read my post I didn't say 'they' (I assume you mean the McCanns?) had to supply any evidence. Read the requirements of 277/1.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1704 on: June 22, 2018, 01:55:42 PM »
If you re=read my post I didn't say 'they' (I assume you mean the McCanns?) had to supply any evidence. Read the requirements of 277/1.

Well who else is going to supply any evidence.... And what evidence would you expect... If Kate could supply evidence of an open window that would be important

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1705 on: June 22, 2018, 02:02:02 PM »

Only if they wanted it as 277/1...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1706 on: June 22, 2018, 02:03:21 PM »
Only if they wanted it as 277/1...

I don't see it's of any real importance now...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1707 on: June 22, 2018, 02:29:52 PM »
I don't see it's of any real importance now...
50  pages later!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1708 on: June 22, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »
50  pages later!

Because it has now been fully discussed

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1709 on: June 22, 2018, 02:58:26 PM »
Because it has now been fully discussed
Could you summarise the outcome?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.