Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530234 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1815 on: June 24, 2018, 03:52:03 PM »
I used this as a reference for the sequence of investigative phases:-
http://www.ecba.org/extdocserv/projects/JusticeForum/Portugal180309.pdf

Both versions of 277 refer to the crime...was their sufficient evidence to show taht a crime ahd been committed

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1816 on: June 24, 2018, 03:54:32 PM »
Both versions of 277 refer to the crime...was their sufficient evidence to show taht a crime ahd been committed

No, unless you count the alerts. IMO
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1817 on: June 24, 2018, 04:03:19 PM »
No, unless you count the alerts. IMO

the alerts were referred to as  indications ...not evidence in the archiving report...and have no evidential value

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1818 on: June 24, 2018, 04:07:36 PM »
the alerts were referred to as  indications ...not evidence in the archiving report...and have no evidential value

So that’s no evidence of a crime then.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1819 on: June 24, 2018, 04:28:18 PM »
So that’s no evidence of a crime then.

read the link re 277...it doesnt even mention evidence... I would say there is evidence...but not proof.. of a crime...but the alerts have no evidential value...and imo have been a complete red herring...I also believe that anyone who believes taht the alerts point to a cadaver in 5A is seriously misguided and doesnt understand the significance of the alerts

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1820 on: June 24, 2018, 04:39:03 PM »
read the link re 277...it doesnt even mention evidence... I would say there is evidence...but not proof.. of a crime...but the alerts have no evidential value...and imo have been a complete red herring...I also believe that anyone who believes taht the alerts point to a cadaver in 5A is seriously misguided and doesnt understand the significance of the alerts
Be a little careful that your own opinion isn't just an insult to someone else.  I think the alerts point to a cadaver, but that cadaver isn't Madeleine.  OK but then I read that you think because of that I'm "seriously misguided and don't understand the significance of the alerts".
I'm in two minds whether to bowl your post.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1821 on: June 24, 2018, 04:41:54 PM »
Be a little careful that your own opinion isn't just an insult to someone else.  I think the alerts point to a cadaver, but that cadaver isn't Madeleine.  OK but then I read that you think because of that I'm "seriously misguided and don't understand the significance of the alerts".

according to mark harrison ...no inferences can be drawn from the alerts...Im not stating my opinion...Im stating the opinion of one of the expertds in the case....you are drawing an inference from the alerts....mark harrison says you are wrong...not me..If the forum wants to ignore the opinion of the expert...then so be it...my opinion...is my opinion ...and based on fact
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:49:19 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1822 on: June 24, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »

so what evidence do you base your opinion that there was a cadaver in 5a...seing as the experts tell us the alerts ahve no evidential value or reliability

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1823 on: June 24, 2018, 04:50:58 PM »
so what evidence do you base your opinion that there was a cadaver in 5a...seing as the experts tell us the alerts ahve no evidential value or reliability
Are you quoting Grime?  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

"It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to cadaver scent
contamination. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this
alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence."

I read that as Martin Grime himself felt the alert was to a possible cadaver previously being there.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1824 on: June 24, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »

I think there may have been an excuse for people to be misguided when they were reliant on false newspaper reports.

In my opinion immediately the full FSS results came in it became self evident that the suspicions and allegations the McCanns had suffered were misguided to say the least.

Continuing the baseless accusation for the next eleven years until the present day is in my opinion something which never should have happened and wouldn't have in an ideal world.  Unfortunately there is no such thing as an ideal world, is there?
All we can do is strive to make it better.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1825 on: June 24, 2018, 05:04:38 PM »
Are you quoting Grime?  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

"It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to cadaver scent
contamination. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this
alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence."

I read that as Martin Grime himself felt the alert was to a possible cadaver previously being there.

there was a possibility of a cadaver being there ...without the dogs...Im quoting Harrison..

Im happy to accept that there was a cadaver in  5a...I dont need the dogs to tell me that

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1826 on: June 24, 2018, 05:11:16 PM »
I think there may have been an excuse for people to be misguided when they were reliant on false newspaper reports.

In my opinion immediately the full FSS results came in it became self evident that the suspicions and allegations the McCanns had suffered were misguided to say the least.

Continuing the baseless accusation for the next eleven years until the present day is in my opinion something which never should have happened and wouldn't have in an ideal world.  Unfortunately there is no such thing as an ideal world, is there?

perhaps rob will feel he should ..bowl your post....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1827 on: June 24, 2018, 06:18:57 PM »

Never tust the press.
One inescapable point is that the PP could have given arguido status to the McCanns on the basis they were last to see Madeleine alive.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:21:00 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1828 on: June 24, 2018, 06:25:09 PM »
Never tust the press.
One inescapable point is that the PP could have given arguido status to the McCanns on the basis they were last to see Madeleine alive.

Indeed!  That has been my thinking- they should be on the suspicion list purely for that fact they both claimed that on that particular night of all nights (what a coincidence!) they both did a physical check- all other evenings were 'listening'.  When did Gerry tell Kate he did a open door -saw Maddie sleeping check?  Hmmmm
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1829 on: June 24, 2018, 06:33:56 PM »
Never tust the press.

that is absolutely fine and a non disputable fact