Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530299 times)

Offline Carana

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1875 on: June 26, 2018, 09:55:45 AM »
Have you seen what has been going on in the USA recently?

Yes, but I think that Misty's question / point was why the inquiry took so long in that case when the inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance was relatively short, although both were arguidos. If that wasn't her point, I expect she'll be along at some point to clarify.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1876 on: June 26, 2018, 01:19:07 PM »
Well did you read https://www.reuters.com/article/us-portugal-corruption-socrates/portuguese-ex-pm-socrates-indicted-on-corruption-charges-idUSKBN1CG1U5?  That hardly inspires confidence in the system does it.

They seem to have caught a corrupt politician. Good for them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1877 on: June 26, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
'
Yes OK but aren't they just excuses that allow complaints like this: "the rules are adjusted to suit whichever players are on the field at the time".

The option I would go for is a poor understanding of the law and how it works on the part of most posters made worse by personal prejudice.
IMO and note the lack of delineation wrt which country.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1878 on: June 26, 2018, 01:38:04 PM »
Very good   8@??)(
Consider it your finest contribution to the forum, I shall be using it alot from now on.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1879 on: June 26, 2018, 01:52:08 PM »
Consider it your finest contribution to the forum, I shall be using it alot from now on.

I'm honoured. Might help to keep people more on topic as well, which would be a big plus
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1880 on: June 26, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »
The option I would go for is a poor understanding of the law and how it works on the part of most posters made worse by personal prejudice.
IMO and note the lack of delineation wrt which country.

Poor understanding of the law... Personal prejudices... Sounds like the SC to me

Offline Carana

« Reply #1881 on: June 26, 2018, 04:17:43 PM »
They seem to have caught a corrupt politician. Good for them.

Indeed. It must have been a mammoth task unravelling all that. However, he's still innocent until proved guilty until the final appeal has been ruled upon.

Whatever happened to the so-called Freeport saga?

Offline barrier

« Reply #1882 on: June 26, 2018, 05:01:14 PM »
Well did you read https://www.reuters.com/article/us-portugal-corruption-socrates/portuguese-ex-pm-socrates-indicted-on-corruption-charges-idUSKBN1CG1U5?  That hardly inspires confidence in the system does it.

Why do you feel a need to have a confidence in a system that in all reality as little to do with you from afar?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1883 on: June 26, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »
Why do you feel a need to have a confidence in a system that in all reality as little to do with you from afar?

Are we only supposed to attempt to understand how the "system" works in our physical neighbourhood?

Offline barrier

« Reply #1884 on: June 26, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »
Are we only supposed to attempt to understand how the "system" works in our physical neighbourhood?

Not at all,but by the same token what is thought or even written  on here has no bearing what so ever in any other country despite some seeming to think so.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1885 on: June 26, 2018, 05:56:13 PM »

It's commendable to try to understand other systems. It's not acceptable to criticise them without understanding the them in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #1886 on: June 26, 2018, 06:25:08 PM »
Not at all,but by the same token what is thought or even written  on here has no bearing what so ever in any other country despite some seeming to think so.

Fair enough, but I can think of one presumably native Portuguese person (at least) who assured everyone that the McCanns would automatically have to become arguidos again as soon as the case reopened as that was the law.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1887 on: June 26, 2018, 07:07:27 PM »
It is all to do with trying to find the solution to the McCann case.  I'd like to know if the PJ were corrupt?  If politicians were on the take, what about the PJ?  Is it possible?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1888 on: June 26, 2018, 07:09:16 PM »
It is all to do with trying to find the solution to the McCann case.  I'd like to know if the PJ were corrupt?  If politicians were on the take, what about the PJ?  Is it possible?

Is there any reason to believe that they are any more corrupt or incompetent that any other police force?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1889 on: June 26, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
Is there any reason to believe that they are any more corrupt or incompetent that any other police force?
Maybe not but IMO the NZ are not corrupt.  But my interest is in the McCann case being investigated by the PJ initially.  So they are the ones in the limelight ATM.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.