Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530226 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2100 on: September 29, 2018, 08:48:38 PM »
Is this the same informed opinion and research you used when you insisted that Gonçalo Amaral would not be able to appeal against the ruling which awarded 500.000 € + interest to the McCanns.

Is it obvious from reading the acordão that the SC did examine the evidence when making their decision and they also used rulings by the ECHR to support it.

please stick to the facts...I never claimed that...you are obviously confused...cite required or remove

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #2101 on: September 29, 2018, 08:51:11 PM »
The ECHR is not an appeals court and does not overturn rulings made in national courts. The McCanns case will be against the state of Portugal, not against Gonçalo Amaral or the book or the other 3 defendants.
That's what I understand  .  So why  did the Sun  make up lies  leading their readers astray ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2102 on: September 29, 2018, 08:52:50 PM »
That's what I understand  .  So why  did the Sun  make up lies  leading their readers astray ?

the same reason they have made up lies re others over the last 20 yeras...you obvioulsy havent noticed

Offline Montclair

« Reply #2103 on: September 29, 2018, 08:57:52 PM »
Then why is GA waiting to hear the outcome before suing the McCanns?

Have you asked him personally if he is waiting for the outcome? Cases like this if accepted can take up to 7 years and this one would in no way be considered urgent. That's a long wait, I'm sure that he has better things to do with his life.

One journalist in Portugal received a favourable verdict this year from the ECHR 5 years after he made his claim. The ECHR ruled in favour of his right to freedom of expression and opinion when convicted of defamation, after writing that the ex-president of the Supreme Court, Noronha de Nascimento, represented the dark side of justice.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:00:48 PM by Montclair »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2104 on: September 29, 2018, 09:04:34 PM »
Have you asked him personally if he is waiting for the outcome? Cases like this if accepted can take up to 7 years and this one would in no way be considered urgent. That's a long wait, I'm sure that he has better things to do with his life.

One journalist in Portugal received a favourable verdict this year from the ECHR 5 years after he made his claim. The ECHR ruled in favour of his right to freedom of expression and opinion when convicted of defamation, after writing that the ex-president of the Supreme Court, Noronha de Nascimento, represented the dark side of justice.

yes I read about that case....and the verdict fitted entirely with my analysis of the balance between 8 and 10...no surprises there

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2105 on: September 29, 2018, 09:13:14 PM »

I thought someone reported that Amaral was waiting for the outcome.  Not me.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2106 on: September 29, 2018, 09:16:08 PM »
I thought someone reported that Amaral was waiting for the outcome.  Not me.

angelo claimed a source cose to amaral had said this....nothing in reality to support it

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2107 on: September 29, 2018, 09:21:43 PM »
angelo claimed a source cose to amaral had said this....nothing in reality to support it
That is right I remember that now, it was Angelo.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2108 on: September 29, 2018, 09:41:54 PM »
Then why is GA waiting to hear the outcome before suing the McCanns?

Who told you that?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2109 on: September 29, 2018, 09:48:11 PM »

That's the press for you!
Back in the 1960s the Daily Express used to routinely print opposing headlines on the same long running topic, so when it was resolved the appropriate headline would be reprinted with the subtitle "The Express was right again". It rather reflects the attitude that prevailed wrt to its readership. Baaa baaa.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2110 on: September 29, 2018, 09:51:12 PM »
That's the press for you!
Back in the 1960s the Daily Express used to routinely print opposing headlines on the same long running topic, so when it was resolved the appropriate headline would be reprinted with the subtitle "The Express was right again". It rather reflects the attitude that prevailed wrt to its readership. Baaa baaa.

Some Internet Posters employ the same tactic.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2111 on: September 30, 2018, 04:14:25 AM »
Who told you that?
Angelo posted that information.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2112 on: September 30, 2018, 08:01:01 AM »
Angelo posted that information.
So that really is, proof .....proof that angelos posts should be taken with a, pinch of salt
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:05:23 AM by Davel »

Offline barrier

« Reply #2113 on: September 30, 2018, 08:16:32 AM »
So that really is, proof .....proof that angelos posts should be taken with a, pinch of salt

With the caveat,along with all others.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2114 on: September 30, 2018, 08:26:11 AM »
With the caveat,along with all others.
All others includes yours