Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530309 times)

Offline John

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2190 on: September 30, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »
If an application is successfully lodged, the country involve must be notified of this. Do they publish lists of outstanding cases ?

The State against which the case is taken is notified but I don't think they publish it.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2191 on: September 30, 2018, 05:00:12 PM »
Davel. Your post regarding the SC ruling.

its legally binding up to the moment it was made but can be corrected by the ECHR....I believe two SC decisions have been corrected in the last few months

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9775.405

No I haven't been looking all afternoon.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2192 on: September 30, 2018, 05:04:18 PM »
Davel. Your post regarding the SC ruling.

its legally binding up to the moment it was made but can be corrected by the ECHR....I believe two SC decisions have been corrected in the last few months

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9775.405

No I haven't been looking all afternoon.

so where does it say the decisions have been over ruled...the decisions have been corrected...but not changed..

the correction does not affect the original decision...but would affect any future decisions

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2193 on: September 30, 2018, 05:16:15 PM »
It’s not for the ECHR to determine that tho?
Isn’t it that the complaint is against the SC of Portugal  for not understanding where they went wrong ?

We would assume they don’t think the SC got the balance right. Though most cases are about not considering rights.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2194 on: September 30, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »
so where does it say the decisions have been over ruled...the decisions have been corrected...but not changed..

the correction does not affect the original decision...but would affect any future decisions

Do you not imply that these decisions are no long legally binding following the ECHR making a "correction" to them.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2195 on: September 30, 2018, 05:20:15 PM »
you can serach by name...just a google search

Only for completed cases.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2196 on: September 30, 2018, 05:20:38 PM »
Do you not imply that these decisions are no long legally binding following the ECHR making a "correction" to them.

so now you have changed from me stating something...to me implying something.....my post is clear.....the ECHR cannot overr rule any domestic court decision....and I have never said or implied it can...it can rule that the decision was incorrect and not in line with ECHR law...that could then affect any future rulings

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2197 on: September 30, 2018, 05:21:13 PM »
Only for completed cases.
if its declared inadmissable its complete

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2198 on: September 30, 2018, 05:25:50 PM »
But of course that isn’t what the book did.

You have to ask yourself a question.

Did the police at a certain point in the investigation believe that Madeleine had accidentally died and K&G has hidden her body?
If you believe that then a book stating that is factual and not libellous.
The book and video combined did though.  The total package was the problem.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

« Reply #2199 on: September 30, 2018, 05:35:22 PM »
The book and video combined did though.  The total package was the problem.

The problem difficulty as I see it is that the evidence pointed to it.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2200 on: September 30, 2018, 05:37:31 PM »

but it didnt

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2201 on: September 30, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »
so now you have changed from me stating something...to me implying something.....my post is clear.....the ECHR cannot overr rule any domestic court decision....and I have never said or implied it can...it can rule that the decision was incorrect and not in line with ECHR law...that could then affect any future rulings

Can you show me where your above claim that the ECHR cannot overrule any domestic decision is written below as I can't find this.  You however have mentioned that the country's courts judgement was legally binding up to the moment it was made.  That doesn't make much sense unless you are claiming that "it" is the ECHR decision, making the SC decisions invalid.  No mention of future rulings only an end point to the existing SC decisions IMO

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2202 on: September 30, 2018, 05:43:25 PM »

Only if the state in question changes its laws.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2203 on: September 30, 2018, 05:44:19 PM »
Not the evidence as I see it. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2204 on: September 30, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »
Can you show me where your above claim that the ECHR cannot overrule any domestic decision is written below as I can't find this.  You however have mentioned that the country's courts judgement was legally binding up to the moment it was made.  That doesn't make much sense unless you are claiming that "it" is the ECHR decision, making the SC decisions invalid.  No mention of future rulings only an end point to the existing SC decisions IMO

i havent used the words overruled or invalid......but they can correct it.....