Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530353 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2205 on: September 30, 2018, 05:48:15 PM »
i havent used the words overruled or invalid......but they can correct it.....

You have said that following an ECHR "correction" the SC ruling will not be legally binding any more. That is wrong IMO

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2206 on: September 30, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
Only if the state in question changes its laws.

not at all....if the ECHR rule that amarals comments are a violation of article 8...and he repeats them.... then the mccanns ould take out a new case armed with an ECHR ruling

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2207 on: September 30, 2018, 05:49:46 PM »
i havent used the words overruled or invalid......but they can correct it.....
If it was "corrected" could Amaral still sue the the McCanns on the basis of the old ruling?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2208 on: September 30, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
You have said that following an ECHR "correction" the SC ruling will not be legally binding any more. That is wrong IMO

I never said that either ....cite.......the SC ruling cannot be changed is what I said

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2209 on: September 30, 2018, 05:52:03 PM »
If it was "corrected" could Amaral still sue the the McCanns on the basis of the old ruling?

as that would then be a new case governed by the new ruling...i would think no....so amral should sue before any ECHR case.....if he has any grounds

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2210 on: September 30, 2018, 05:56:16 PM »
I never said that either ....cite.......the SC ruling cannot be changed is what I said

"Legally binding up to the moment...." - NO it would still be legally binding Davel

its legally binding up to the moment it was made but can be corrected by the ECHR....I believe two SC decisions have been corrected in the last few months
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2211 on: September 30, 2018, 05:58:42 PM »
if its declared inadmissable its complete

They don’t appear in the searchable database.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2212 on: September 30, 2018, 06:12:22 PM »
They don’t appear in the searchable database.
They may well be if you could search it

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2213 on: September 30, 2018, 06:28:16 PM »

"Legally binding up to the moment...." - NO it would still be legally binding Davel

its legally binding up to the moment it was made but can be corrected by the ECHR....I believe two SC decisions have been corrected in the last few months

It would be legally binding and could not be changed.... Is what I have said all along....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2214 on: September 30, 2018, 06:29:40 PM »
It would be legally binding and could not be changed.... Is what I have said all along....

So what was the "up to the moment" bit about then Davel?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2215 on: September 30, 2018, 06:42:35 PM »
So what was the "up to the moment" bit about then Davel?

Ive expalined several times........if the mccanns receive a favourable judgeemnt at the ECHR.....and amaral repeats his claims....then a new trial could be held and the court would need to enforce current ECHr law and find in favour of the McCanns....If the mccanns had not gone to the ECHR....amaral could continualy repeat his claims with impunity...in reality hes gone rather quiet
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:44:50 PM by Davel »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2216 on: September 30, 2018, 07:17:04 PM »
Ive expalined several times........if the mccanns receive a favourable judgeemnt at the ECHR.....and amaral repeats his claims....then a new trial could be held and the court would need to enforce current ECHr law and find in favour of the McCanns....If the mccanns had not gone to the ECHR....amaral could continualy repeat his claims with impunity...in reality hes gone rather quiet

So it would be still legally binding and your "up to the moment" was wrong then Davel.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2217 on: September 30, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »
So it would be still legally binding and your "up to the moment" was wrong then Davel.

nope...and I think its about time you stopped this pathetic persistent arguing

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2218 on: September 30, 2018, 07:54:17 PM »
nope...and I think its about time you stopped this pathetic persistent arguing

How droll.
Pots, kettles, black.

Or is that post a note to yourself?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2219 on: September 30, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »
How droll.
Pots, kettles, black.

Or is that post a note to yourself?

Its been 12 hours now since sunnys first off topic ad hom post was directed at me...and still not stopped ...carry on the pointless posts...are the sceptics trying to set a record today