Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530323 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2655 on: November 05, 2018, 08:25:58 PM »

"Obtaining justice is important... However long it takes"..

I agree with that sentiment entirely.

"I think the Portuguese verdict was just so unjust it had to be challenged"

Based on the evidence provided by the McCanns- I can't agree on this statement. Sorry.

I don't think they expected to have to prove anything, just complain like they did in the UK. I think Amaral was supposed to fold and make a deal.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2656 on: November 05, 2018, 08:39:40 PM »
I don't think they expected to have to prove anything, just complain like they did in the UK. I think Amaral was supposed to fold and make a deal.

as amarals claims were clearly defamatory Im sure he was expextced to fold...... dont think anyone could have expected such a perverse judgement as the SC upheld......as the ECHR will confirm.....all my opinion

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2657 on: November 05, 2018, 08:47:02 PM »

Yes everything was to be on their terms.  what  a laugh when Gerry was shot down by the judge... heehee what a hoot. He was asked to shut up. Oh my how that went down a treat.  The witnesses were' friends'  no independant or expert witnesses were availiable. maybe because there are none.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2658 on: November 05, 2018, 09:02:04 PM »
Yes everything was to be on their terms.  what  a laugh when Gerry was shot down by the judge... heehee what a hoot. He was asked to shut up. Oh my how that went down a treat.  The witnesses were' friends'  no independant or expert witnesses were availiable. maybe because there are none.

and amaral has been shot down by the Sun...and not a whimper from him...just the start imo

Offline barrier

« Reply #2659 on: November 05, 2018, 09:13:47 PM »
and amaral has been shot down by the Sun...and not a whimper from him...just the start imo

I'm sure it'll have a bearing on what SY aren't doing as well.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2660 on: November 05, 2018, 11:14:53 PM »
“Kate and Gerry are not going to let him get away with what he said about them.”

But they face a huge wait for potential justice, with their pal remarking: “It could take up to eight years by which time Madeleine, if she is still out there, would be a young adult into her 20s.”

The ECHR stated today that the case has not yet been dealt with and there is “no fixed time for examining it.”

An ECHR spokesperson said: “The case McCann and Healy v Portugal is still under consideration and there is no fixed time for examining it. There is no date fixed date for any judgement or decision to be delivered.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7665071/madeleine-mccanns-parents-slam-ex-cop-who-has-cashed-in-350k-by-accusing-them-of-covering-up-her-death/
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:29:34 PM by Robittybob1 »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2661 on: November 06, 2018, 06:11:38 AM »
“Kate and Gerry are not going to let him get away with what he said about them.”

But they face a huge wait for potential justice, with their pal remarking: “It could take up to eight years by which time Madeleine, if she is still out there, would be a young adult into her 20s.”

The ECHR stated today that the case has not yet been dealt with and there is “no fixed time for examining it.”

An ECHR spokesperson said: “The case McCann and Healy v Portugal is still under consideration and there is no fixed time for examining it. There is no date fixed date for any judgement or decision to be delivered.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7665071/madeleine-mccanns-parents-slam-ex-cop-who-has-cashed-in-350k-by-accusing-them-of-covering-up-her-death/

Thanks carlymichelle.

To me it would seem that the ECHR hasn't even looked at the case presented by the McCanns.  At least we now can be certain that they have presented an application.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2662 on: November 06, 2018, 08:53:50 AM »
Thanks carlymichelle.

To me it would seem that the ECHR hasn't even looked at the case presented by the McCanns.  At least we now can be certain that they have presented an application.

Didn't we already know that?  I thought I did.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #2663 on: November 06, 2018, 09:12:02 AM »
Didn't we already know that?  I thought I did.

It was previously unconfirmed, I believe, certainly by the Court.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2664 on: November 06, 2018, 09:52:30 AM »
Thanks carlymichelle.

It would be unprecedented for the ECHR to make any comment whatsoever. Applicants are told not to contact the court with queries, so I'd be surprised if  it spoke to anyone else. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2665 on: November 06, 2018, 09:56:10 AM »
It would be unprecedented for the ECHR to make any comment whatsoever. Applicants are told not to contact the court with queries, so I'd be surprised if  it spoke to anyone else.

I suppose if that is the case, then it is impossible for anyone to confirm that Tracey's claim of a spokesperson's statement  is actually true  ?{)(**
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2666 on: November 06, 2018, 10:04:18 AM »
I suppose if that is the case, then it is impossible for anyone to confirm that Tracey's claim of a spokesperson's statement  is actually true  ?{)(**

Why McCann and Healy v Portugal I wonder? She was Kate Marie Healy McCann in the Portuguese proceedings.
Result = happy posting.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2667 on: November 06, 2018, 10:06:01 AM »
Why after months of silence from the parents are these stories coming out now ? Surely this is old news ? 

Although the narrative of the pieces appears to be their application to the ECHR look a little deeper and the thread that runs through them all is Madeleine is alive and they are not guilty.

I don’t believe that’s a coincidence.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2668 on: November 06, 2018, 10:19:20 AM »
Why McCann and Healy v Portugal I wonder? She was Kate Marie Healy McCann in the Portuguese proceedings.

I dare say we'll have an 'expert' along shortly to explain  8(0(*

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2669 on: November 06, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »
Why after months of silence from the parents are these stories coming out now ? Surely this is old news ? 

Although the narrative of the pieces appears to be their application to the ECHR look a little deeper and the thread that runs through them all is Madeleine is alive and they are not guilty.

I don’t believe that’s a coincidence.

Lots of ranting from 'sources'. I too am wondering why this sudden flurry of non news. Perhaps it's nothing more than Nick Pisa needing a payout.
Result = happy posting.