Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530322 times)

Offline misty

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2715 on: January 09, 2019, 08:54:53 PM »
https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{%22languageisocode%22:[%22ENG%22],%22documentcollectionid2%22:[%22JUDGMENTS%22],%22itemid%22:[%22001-188987%22]}

Prunea v Romania 47881/11

The result of a case, in which the ECHR have ruled in favour of a defamed public person, announced this week.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2716 on: January 09, 2019, 09:02:27 PM »
https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{%22languageisocode%22:[%22ENG%22],%22documentcollectionid2%22:[%22JUDGMENTS%22],%22itemid%22:[%22001-188987%22]}

The result of a case, in which the ECHR have ruled in favour of a defamed public person, announced this week.
Having looked at many cases in my view, the, SC got it totally wrong..... A public person has just as much protection Re defamation as, anyone else.... However... A judge or politician... In their public duties... Can expect reasonable criticism

Offline jassi

« Reply #2717 on: January 09, 2019, 09:07:22 PM »

Are you sure that's right?

The guy ,Prunea, wrote a piece in a paper about a politician, MI, who took him to court and won all the way.
ECHR ruled that Prunea was entitled to his view.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:12:15 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2718 on: January 09, 2019, 09:09:51 PM »
 suing the network, the production company Critical Content, and several consultants for $750 million over a true-crime special asserting he caused his younger sister’s infamous death, JonBenét Ramsey’s brother Burke Ramsey has reportedly settled with CBS for an undisclosed amount of money. “I can only comment that the case has been amicably resolved to the satisfaction of all parties,” Ramsey’s lawyer Lin Wood said in a statement Friday. “It is now my professional and personal wish for this family that they no longer suffer the pain of false accusations in the future.” The settlement was also confirmed by a network spokesperson.

I'm surprised ni one has, raised this point

Offline misty

« Reply #2719 on: January 09, 2019, 09:16:34 PM »
Are you sure that's right?

The guy ,Prunea, wrote a piece in a paper about a politician, MI, who took him to court and won all the way.
ECHR ruled that Prunea was entitled to his view.

ECHR ruled Romanian courts had not violated article 10 & Prunea had to pay damages.

Offline misty

« Reply #2720 on: January 09, 2019, 09:18:11 PM »
suing the network, the production company Critical Content, and several consultants for $750 million over a true-crime special asserting he caused his younger sister’s infamous death, JonBenét Ramsey’s brother Burke Ramsey has reportedly settled with CBS for an undisclosed amount of money. “I can only comment that the case has been amicably resolved to the satisfaction of all parties,” Ramsey’s lawyer Lin Wood said in a statement Friday. “It is now my professional and personal wish for this family that they no longer suffer the pain of false accusations in the future.” The settlement was also confirmed by a network spokesperson.

I'm surprised ni one has, raised this point

That's probably because it doesn't involve ECHR laws IMO.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2721 on: January 09, 2019, 09:19:03 PM »
ECHR ruled Romanian courts had not violated article 10 & Prunea had to pay damages.

Prunea was the applicant to the ECHR court. Why should he pay damages?

In fact Prunea paid 5000 euro to the Romanian Court. This was deemed reasonable by the ECHR
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:29:11 PM by jassi »
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2722 on: January 09, 2019, 09:32:33 PM »
Prunea was the applicant to the ECHR court. Why should he pay damages?

In fact Prunea paid 5000 euro to the Romanian Court. This was deemed reasonable by the ECHR

So the ECHR ruled that the journalist had no right to defame a public figure.. That sems to be the point

Offline barrier

« Reply #2723 on: January 24, 2019, 01:27:22 PM »
A judgement today at the ECHR regards Knox V Italy was first applied to the court in November 2013,any one who thinks any thing is going to happen in the McCann V Portugal any time soon is in for a long wait.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2724 on: January 24, 2019, 01:32:07 PM »
A judgement today at the ECHR regards Knox V Italy was first applied to the court in November 2013,any one who thinks any thing is going to happen in the McCann V Portugal any time soon is in for a long wait.

Yes, I saw that.  6 years...hmmm and do we think Portugual will comply even if it is found guilty of anything?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2725 on: January 24, 2019, 02:30:30 PM »
Yes, I saw that.  6 years...hmmm and do we think Portugual will comply even if it is found guilty of anything?

They might have to if they want EU Grants.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2726 on: January 24, 2019, 04:42:30 PM »
They might have to if they want EU Grants.

I think you'll find that the EU and the ECHR aren't connected.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2727 on: January 24, 2019, 04:58:12 PM »

If The ECHR can't enforce it then they are a waste of time.  Which I very much doubt.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2728 on: January 24, 2019, 04:59:12 PM »

It's like Fantasy Island on here sometimes.  @)(++(*

Or maybe not -

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2729 on: January 24, 2019, 05:04:55 PM »

Wow! who would have thunk the ECHR has no connection to the member states of the EU.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....