Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530242 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2865 on: April 28, 2019, 12:58:55 PM »
The case is not against Amaral you've confirmed this,its against the Portuguese SC and its ruling.

I confirmed that when the application was first issued... But it concerns the claims made by amaral ans as I understand  a positive result for the mccanns will affect amaral

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2866 on: April 28, 2019, 01:00:26 PM »
Nope.  It doesn't.  And that's not what I said.  Other than that .......
"The right to free speech is written into the Portuguese constitution. 

Is Europe a bit more fascist?"

So how far does the right to free speech extend in Portugal?  Is there anything I can't say or write?  If so does that make Portugal a little bit fascist too? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #2867 on: April 28, 2019, 01:02:30 PM »
I confirmed that when the application was first issued... But it concerns the claims made by amaral ans as I understand  a positive result for the mccanns will affect amaral

How? the ECHR is unequivocal,: Note, however, that under no circumstances will the Court set aside a national court’s decision.

If it concerns Amaral then it concerns the investigation,the initial claim was the book harmed the search.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2868 on: April 28, 2019, 01:07:02 PM »
How? the ECHR is unequivocal,: Note, however, that under no circumstances will the Court set aside a national court’s decision.

If it concerns Amaral then it concerns the investigation,the initial claim was the book harmed the search.

It can't overturn the original decision and it can only be concerned with the book and the TV programmes effect on the mccanns human rights....defamation... Nothing to do with the search

Offline barrier

« Reply #2869 on: April 28, 2019, 01:14:29 PM »
Whoever found that page knew the application number.

Interestingly the claimant isn't allowed to contact the echr,so why should a journalist which MS is trying to tell us happened?

Throughout the proceedings, even if they seem to be taking a long time, you must wait for the Court to contact you.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2870 on: April 28, 2019, 01:35:56 PM »
Interestingly the claimant isn't allowed to contact the echr,so why should a journalist which MS is trying to tell us happened?

Throughout the proceedings, even if they seem to be taking a long time, you must wait for the Court to contact you.

I understand it was a press release... Maybe as a result of a request

Offline barrier

« Reply #2871 on: April 28, 2019, 01:58:55 PM »
I understand it was a press release... Maybe as a result of a request

Is/was that used to circumvent the ban on appellants contacting the echr,bit of a loop hole if that is the case.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2872 on: April 28, 2019, 02:02:05 PM »
Is/was that used to circumvent the ban on appellants contacting the echr,bit of a loop hole if that is the case.
In your opinion... Where's rob today

Offline barrier

« Reply #2873 on: April 28, 2019, 02:08:19 PM »
Just reread the SC judgement awful lot of references to the ECHR to cover themselves imo.

eg:Faced with a settled case-law by the ECHR, as it happens in cases such as the present one, the Portuguese courts cannot but be influenced by the European paradigm of human rights.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2874 on: April 28, 2019, 02:38:11 PM »
Just reread the SC judgement awful lot of references to the ECHR to cover themselves imo.

eg:Faced with a settled case-law by the ECHR, as it happens in cases such as the present one, the Portuguese courts cannot but be influenced by the European paradigm of human rights.

They've got it, wrong IMO... And it won't be the first time

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2875 on: April 28, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »
"The right to free speech is written into the Portuguese constitution. 

Is Europe a bit more fascist?"

So how far does the right to free speech extend in Portugal?  Is there anything I can't say or write?  If so does that make Portugal a little bit fascist too?
I don't think you understand free speech v fascism.

Equally, I don't think you understand a polite conversation initiated  by a small child v paedophilia.

Do you want a third example?  Or are you willing to stop digging such a deep, dark hole?
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2876 on: April 28, 2019, 04:50:56 PM »
I don't think you understand free speech v fascism.

Equally, I don't think you understand a polite conversation initiated  by a small child v paedophilia.

Do you want a third example?  Or are you willing to stop digging such a deep, dark hole?

i dont think you understand what is meant by free speech

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2877 on: April 28, 2019, 05:07:31 PM »
it does put to bed the belief of some that no application had been made or it had already been declared inadmissable

Without a reference number it doesn’t.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2878 on: April 28, 2019, 05:12:49 PM »
Without a reference number it doesn’t.

that really is laughble imo....but it doesnt matter...

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2879 on: April 28, 2019, 05:15:00 PM »
that really is laughble imo....but it doesnt matter...

You produce a snapshot, with the reference number anyone could check, without then the current status is unknown.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.