Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530372 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2910 on: April 28, 2019, 10:09:25 PM »
I think most if us already understand  that... It's called metaphorically speaking... Isn't that obvious
It maybe metaphorically speaking but then they turn that metaphor around and make it a fact.  You would like more weight to be placed on the side of right to a good name.  How do they apply the right amounts of weight to both sides of the scale when the two sides are different.

What they are saying it is more important to have free speech rather than the damage that that free speech causes.

I personally feel that if the claims made by GA affect the search for Madeleine those claims are excessively damaging and the scales should swing the other way.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2911 on: April 28, 2019, 10:10:16 PM »
Which question?

You've been back on the highly offensive paedophilia angle again today.
So this time try KISS.

You might just make more progress.
this question

“So how far does the right to free speech extend in Portugal?  Is there anything I can't say or write?  If so does that make Portugal a little bit fascist too?”

How many more times  are you going to ask me “which question”?

"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2912 on: April 28, 2019, 10:11:31 PM »
You are not making any sense imo
Our = the forum's benefit.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2913 on: April 28, 2019, 10:15:31 PM »
It maybe metaphorically speaking but then they turn that metaphor around and make it a fact.  You would like more weight to be placed on the side of right to a good name.  How do they apply right amounts of weight to both sides of the scale when the two sides are different.

What they are saying it is more important to have free speech rather than the damage than that free speech causes.

I personally feel that if the claims made by GA affect the search for Madeleine those claims are excessively damaging and the scales should swing the other way.

The SC judgement is an opinion.. Nothing more...it's now up to the ECHR to give their interpretation of the law.. They can't rule on the damage to the search

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2914 on: April 28, 2019, 10:17:08 PM »
Yes to our benefit.

In what way to the forums benefit... Do you feel harrassing me benefits the forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2915 on: April 28, 2019, 10:20:12 PM »
The SC judgement is an opinion.. Nothing more...it's now up to the ECHR to give their interpretation of the law.. They can't rule on the damage to the search
Well how do they do that then?  What points did the SC miss that they didn't place enough weight on the side of the right to a good name?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2916 on: April 28, 2019, 10:23:32 PM »
Well how do they do that then?  What points did the SC miss that they didn't place enough weight on the side of the right to a good name?

Read some of the cases I have linked to and you will understand ...why should I waste my time explaining things to you

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2917 on: April 28, 2019, 10:25:03 PM »
I'm tending to think Madeleine is the main person being denied the right to a good name.  Is she dead or alive?

GA claims she is dead when she maybe alive.    Is that denying someone's right to a good name?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2918 on: April 28, 2019, 10:26:35 PM »
I'm tending to think Madeleine is the main person being denied the right to a good name.  Is she dead or alive?

GA claims she is dead when she maybe alive.    Is that denying someone's right to a good name?

Read the articles and you will understand.. After your harrassment of me I've no intention of explaining anything to you

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2919 on: April 28, 2019, 10:27:30 PM »
Read some of the cases I have linked to and you will understand ...why should I waste my time explaining things to you
So do you know what makes the difference?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2920 on: April 28, 2019, 10:28:12 PM »
So do you know what makes the difference?
Yes...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2921 on: April 28, 2019, 10:32:28 PM »
In what way to the forums benefit... Do you feel harassing me benefits the forum
You feel harassed.  I feel I'm trying to help you produce a better post, ones without ad hom arguments and opinion as fact.   Progress has been made.  In fact I'm starting to appreciate your posts now.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2922 on: April 28, 2019, 10:34:25 PM »
Yes...
Well can you use words to explain it then please?
Moderation

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2923 on: April 29, 2019, 05:13:43 AM »
this question

“So how far does the right to free speech extend in Portugal?  Is there anything I can't say or write?  If so does that make Portugal a little bit fascist too?”

How many more times  are you going to ask me “which question”?

Despite the question marks, I believe that is purely a propaganda statement, so I saw no point in engaging.  I still don't.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2924 on: April 29, 2019, 07:09:59 AM »
Despite the question marks, I believe that is purely a propaganda statement, so I saw no point in engaging.  I still don't.
@)(++(* &%%6. I knew you’d be unable to answer so thanks for confirming it.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly