Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530286 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3150 on: August 31, 2019, 09:27:05 AM »
Take away Amaral's alleged 'illegality' and his right to freedom of expression outweighs the McCann's right to reputation.
Again... Opinion not fact

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3151 on: August 31, 2019, 09:51:46 AM »
Again... Opinion not fact

The McCann's case rested on it from the beginning;

page 7

"A) The claimants, concerning the pertinence of the trial, invoke that their constitutionally guaranteed rights are superior to the eventual freedom of expression that the defendants may benefit of, that the book and remaining pieces gathered in this suit are not information and aim at transforming the theory of their involvement in the death of the claimant Madeleine and the concealment of her body in the “result “ of the criminal investigation, and that Goncalo Amaral violated his duties as a State servant to which he was constrained being an inspector of the Judicial Police.

Which is why the judge said on page 31;

"In view of the requests made, the decision on the merits essentially depends on the answer to the following question :

- Is the book written by the defendant Goncalo Amaral, the adaptation of this book for the audiovisual documentary and the interview given by the same defendant illicit /anti-juridical according to article 484° of the Civil Procedure Code ? "
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3152 on: August 31, 2019, 10:04:53 AM »
The McCann's case rested on it from the beginning;

page 7

"A) The claimants, concerning the pertinence of the trial, invoke that their constitutionally guaranteed rights are superior to the eventual freedom of expression that the defendants may benefit of, that the book and remaining pieces gathered in this suit are not information and aim at transforming the theory of their involvement in the death of the claimant Madeleine and the concealment of her body in the “result “ of the criminal investigation, and that Goncalo Amaral violated his duties as a State servant to which he was constrained being an inspector of the Judicial Police.

Which is why the judge said on page 31;

"In view of the requests made, the decision on the merits essentially depends on the answer to the following question :

- Is the book written by the defendant Goncalo Amaral, the adaptation of this book for the audiovisual documentary and the interview given by the same defendant illicit /anti-juridical according to article 484° of the Civil Procedure Code ? "
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

Doesn't matter what you post the case, will now be decided on the relevant articles...

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3153 on: August 31, 2019, 10:32:44 AM »

Could the fact that this was a case against a Portuguese National in a Portuguese Court have anything to do with the outcome in Portugal?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3154 on: August 31, 2019, 10:38:40 AM »
Could the fact that this was a case against a Portuguese National in a Portuguese Court have anything to do with the outcome in Portugal?

Are you suggesting that the Portuguese judges are biased?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3155 on: August 31, 2019, 10:42:45 AM »

Yes.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3156 on: August 31, 2019, 10:47:24 AM »

I would say close on 100%

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3157 on: August 31, 2019, 10:51:08 AM »
Doesn't matter what you post the case, will now be decided on the relevant articles...

If found admissable the case of McCann & Healy v Portugal will indeed be examined. The question being did the state of Portugal deprive the couple of any of their human rights under articles 6, 8 or 10? (Not, please note, did Amaral deprive the couple of any of their human rights)

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3158 on: August 31, 2019, 10:55:26 AM »
If found admissable the case of McCann & Healy v Portugal will indeed be examined. The question being did the state of Portugal deprive the couple of any of their human rights under articles 6, 8 or 10? (Not, please note, did Amaral deprive the couple of any of their human rights)

Semantics...it would be amarals actions that instigated the deprivation... If amaral then repeated his claims action could be taken against him

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3159 on: August 31, 2019, 11:38:02 AM »
Take away Amaral's alleged 'illegality' and his right to freedom of expression outweighs the McCann's right to reputation.
How did they figure that?   I would like to look at that scale to see if it weighs out evenly
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 11:43:24 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3160 on: August 31, 2019, 12:19:33 PM »
I would say close on 100%

Quite difficult to achieve in a civil legal system where there are written laws and a written constitution.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3161 on: August 31, 2019, 12:27:40 PM »
Quite difficult to achieve in a civil legal system where there are written laws and a written constitution.

When a judge can say it's reasonable for a man to beat his wife.. Because the bible says so..
When a man can violently rape a British hitch hiker and receive a suspended sentence..
Then I think anything is possible

Offline jassi

« Reply #3162 on: August 31, 2019, 12:28:51 PM »

Mind you, can you imagine the fury and anger on here if the McCanns fail to come out of this smelling of roses
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3163 on: August 31, 2019, 12:45:57 PM »
Mind you, can you imagine the fury and anger on here if the McCanns fail to come out of this smelling of roses

Can you imagine the furore if they win their case

Offline jassi

« Reply #3164 on: August 31, 2019, 01:02:01 PM »
Can you imagine the furore if they win their case

I don't think there'll be much. Us sceptics tend to be pragmatic souls, you know   8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future