Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530233 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3180 on: August 31, 2019, 04:26:17 PM »
I think it's way too late to improve the McCann's reputation, because that doesn't depend on the outcome of court cases. It certainly won't change my mind. One thing is certain; the ECHR can't declare them innocent, because despite Duarte's attempts to make it so, the archiving despatch couldn't do that.
Courts don't declare people innocent... Are you under some sort of misaprehension

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3181 on: August 31, 2019, 04:31:19 PM »
The SC judges were very careful to quote the cases where the ECHR found against them because of their habit of placing 'honour' above freedom of expression. If they now get sanctioned for doing the opposite I wouldn't blame them for losing patience.
They misunderstood then and they still misunderstand imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3182 on: August 31, 2019, 04:33:23 PM »
Indeed G!

I love the banal diatribe about hating the McCanns from those same people who try to blame their predcament on everyone else. They just need reminding the Parents were responsible for their children.PERIOD.

ECHR won't change a thing- more money to waste I guess. I wonder how the fund is bearing up. Are people rushing to 'fund' their attempt to get 'justice' ...from the ever so costly ECHR.

If Portugual are found guilty, they can just pin up two fingers and not even bother.

You need to read what gunit has already posted Re the consequences of a McCann win

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3183 on: August 31, 2019, 06:00:19 PM »
Very doubtful given their attitude towards the original Portuguese Police investigation.  Suspects who refuse to cooperate with police deserve all the get imo. They should thank their lucky stars that they weren't charged with child neglect.
Hard to believe you’re a mod on the Miscarriage of Justice forum sometimes.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3184 on: August 31, 2019, 06:16:46 PM »

I think that is very true..
One or two might get over-excited, but the great mass of people  will just get on with the their lives as usual - IMO

I think it will be very interesting to see what happens..
Of course if it was a storyline in coronation street you and others would probably be intrigued

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3185 on: August 31, 2019, 06:21:44 PM »
Mind you, can you imagine the fury and anger on here if the McCanns fail to come out of this smelling of roses
Where was the fury and anger (tautology?) on here when the McCanns lost at the Supreme Court?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #3186 on: August 31, 2019, 06:34:14 PM »
Just use the search facility, I'm sure you'll find it if you try hard enough  ?{)(**

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3187 on: August 31, 2019, 06:59:19 PM »
Courts don't declare people innocent... Are you under some sort of misaprehension

Isn't that what I said?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3188 on: August 31, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »
Just use the search facility, I'm sure you'll find it if you try hard enough  ?{)(**
If it’s that hard to find then the place obviously wasn’t rocked to its foundations by all the anger (not to mention fury).

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3189 on: August 31, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »
Isn't that what I said?

I think we've been through this before and you were not able to provide a cite from Duarte  or the the McCanns that they had been declared innocent

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3190 on: August 31, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »
Hard to believe you’re a mod on the Miscarriage of Justice forum sometimes.

Well, sometimes Angelo has other things to do.  We aren't all here 24/7.  So you might be grateful for the fact that i am.

No?  Probably not.  I don't really care.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3191 on: August 31, 2019, 07:10:39 PM »
Well, sometimes Angelo has other things to do.  We aren't all here 24/7.  So you might be grateful for the fact that i am.

No?  Probably not.  I don't really care.
My point was he (or she) is of the belief that suspects must always fully cooperate with the police otherwise they deserve everything that’s coming to them, nothing to do with you being here or not, but a strange position for someone who is concerned (allegedly) about miscarriages of justice.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3192 on: August 31, 2019, 07:33:41 PM »
My point was he (or she) is of the belief that suspects must always fully cooperate with the police otherwise they deserve everything that’s coming to them, nothing to do with you being here or not, but a strange position for someone who is concerned (allegedly) about miscarriages of justice.

What does that mean?  I don't care of what you think of me, while Angelo does his best, on the rare occasion that he has the time or patience.  It is not for me to criticises. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3193 on: August 31, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »
What does that mean?  I don't care of what you think of me, while Angelo does his best, on the rare occasion that he has the time or patience.  It is not for me to criticises.
I haven’t made any comment about you whatsoever. what’s the problem here?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3194 on: August 31, 2019, 07:52:34 PM »
I think we've been through this before and you were not able to provide a cite from Duarte  or the the McCanns that they had been declared innocent

That's what they were hoping for imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0