Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530301 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3540 on: February 08, 2020, 09:36:54 AM »
Leap of faith there,is it admissible?

You just need to look at the admissibility criteria... It's not rocket science... It's quite simple.  Its admissible

Offline barrier

« Reply #3541 on: February 08, 2020, 10:16:45 AM »
You just need to look at the admissibility criteria... It's not rocket science... It's quite simple.  Its admissible

There's a real court,then there's the court of opinion,unless you've actually seen the application in all its glory you don't know.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3542 on: February 08, 2020, 10:19:19 AM »
Youve managed to get just about everything wrong there so I will correct you and it makes interesting reading.

first 309 is not the amount of times proved wrong...its the total number of judgements

Of 309 judgeemnts only 13 found portugal to have made no violation...thats 13 out of 309...what a pathetic record portugal has...one of the worst in the table and less tahn Russia.

What that indicates is that portugals SC are routinely not administering ECHR law correctly...their record is appalling. Claims that the SC understand ECHR Law are therefore not backed by evidence...in gact the evidence shows the reverse.

Only you could look at that table and decide that Portugal's record is 'one of the worst in the table'.  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3543 on: February 08, 2020, 10:30:14 AM »
Only you could look at that table and decide that Portugal's record is 'one of the worst in the table'.  @)(++(*

But it actually is.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3544 on: February 08, 2020, 10:34:58 AM »
Probably because I have a background in maths
309 judgements  ..13 showing no violation... That's about 4 %...lower than Russia and one of the lowest in the table.
I've provided evidence to support my claim... you respond with a sniping response backed by no evidence ..

Where is your evidence to show I'm wrong

Portugal 4%...UK about 30%...you would have to be blind not to understand
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 10:42:08 AM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3545 on: February 08, 2020, 10:40:17 AM »
There's a real court,then there's the court of opinion,unless you've actually seen the application in all its glory you don't know.

It's a matter of understanding the facts then it's easy to extrapolate ...it is for me at least.
Look at the SC judgement and the appeal against the SC judgement... Two points stand out... Defamation and the presumption of innocence... Both points the Echr can rule on

Offline barrier

« Reply #3546 on: February 08, 2020, 10:46:55 AM »
It's a matter of understanding the facts then it's easy to extrapolate ...it is for me at least.
Look at the SC judgement and the appeal against the SC judgement... Two points stand out... Defamation and the presumption of innocence... Both points the Echr can rule on

"Can" being the qualifier.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3547 on: February 08, 2020, 11:01:23 AM »
If it's admissible... Which it has to be... Imo... They have to rule on it

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3548 on: February 08, 2020, 11:41:56 AM »

It either is or it isn't.  "Can"  doesn't come into it.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3549 on: February 08, 2020, 12:13:25 PM »
It either is or it isn't.  "Can"  doesn't come into it.

Nope,read what is written,Davel said they (echr) "can" adjudicate on articles 8 and 10,whether they will is another matter.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3550 on: February 08, 2020, 12:23:45 PM »
Probably because I have a background in maths
309 judgements  ..13 showing no violation... That's about 4 %...lower than Russia and one of the lowest in the table.
I've provided evidence to support my claim... you respond with a sniping response backed by no evidence ..

Where is your evidence to show I'm wrong

Portugal 4%...UK about 30%...you would have to be blind not to understand

My reading of it is that UK lawyers are more likely to make unfounded applications than Portuguese lawyers.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3551 on: February 08, 2020, 12:26:24 PM »
Nope,read what is written,Davel said they (echr) "can" adjudicate on articles 8 and 10,whether they will is another matter.

Why the semantics.... If the case is admitted... Can you point out one reason why it shouldn't... Then they will rule on it.

I used the word... Can... In that context because if the mccanns had complained about other points in the judgements they may be points the ECHR cannot rule on..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3552 on: February 08, 2020, 12:46:44 PM »
My reading of it is that UK lawyers are more likely to make unfounded applications than Portuguese lawyers.

If the applications have no merit they would not be accepted
The fact is that in 309 cases that went to judgement it was found there was no violation in only 13 cases.... That means there was a violation in 296 cases.  That means the portugues court was wrong in 296 cases out of 309

It's clear that the Portuguese courts, are failing to correctly apply ECHR... they are actually one of the worst

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3553 on: February 08, 2020, 02:05:45 PM »
If the applications have no merit they would not be accepted
The fact is that in 309 cases that went to judgement it was found there was no violation in only 13 cases.... That means there was a violation in 296 cases.  That means the portugues court was wrong in 296 cases out of 309

It's clear that the Portuguese courts, are failing to correctly apply ECHR... they are actually one of the worst

So 75% of cases against Portugal were upheld; a result similar to Norway, France, Italy, Finland and Belgium.

The UK and Russia seem to be different with 58% and 93% respectively.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3554 on: February 08, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
So 75% of cases against Portugal were upheld; a result similar to Norway, France, Italy, Finland and Belgium.

The UK and Russia seem to be different with 58% and 93% respectively.
where does that figure come from....what do you mean by upheld......i dont think you understand  the  table at all...you seem totally confused
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 02:24:27 PM by Davel »