Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530299 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3555 on: February 08, 2020, 03:00:00 PM »
where does that figure come from....what do you mean by upheld......i dont think you understand  the  table at all...you seem totally confused

Applictions are upheld when the court finds a violation.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3556 on: February 08, 2020, 03:36:36 PM »

Portugal had 309 judgements.. Only 13 found no violation.. That's 4%.....one of the worst... Those are the true figures

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3557 on: February 08, 2020, 04:17:27 PM »
Portugal had 309 judgements.. Only 13 found no violation.. That's 4%.....one of the worst... Those are the true figures

It's not a case of how many cases are upheld in my opinion. Clearly the applications against Portugal were solid ones. Other applications against other countries weren't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3558 on: February 08, 2020, 04:27:09 PM »
It's not a case of how many cases are upheld in my opinion. Clearly the applications against Portugal were solid ones. Other applications against other countries weren't.
Of course they were solid ones... Because the SC made mistakes... Other countries judiciaries apply European law more accurately... Can't you understand such a simple principle..

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3559 on: February 08, 2020, 08:13:38 PM »
Of course they were solid ones... Because the SC made mistakes... Other countries judiciaries apply European law more accurately... Can't you understand such a simple principle..

So UK lawyers put forward more of the less solid cases than Portuguese lawyers did.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3560 on: February 08, 2020, 08:30:22 PM »
So UK lawyers put forward more of the less solid cases than Portuguese lawyers did.

It seems you are trying to make up ridiculous excuses fir Portugal's abysmal record at the ECHR.. One thing can't be denied.. Their record is abysmal

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3561 on: February 08, 2020, 08:52:27 PM »
It seems you are trying to make up ridiculous excuses fir Portugal's abysmal record at the ECHR.. One thing can't be denied.. Their record is abysmal

Amnesty International aren't all that pleased with Portugal either.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3562 on: February 09, 2020, 05:03:28 PM »

However, the EU countries who have signed up can be held account and 'punished' qlthoughm Countries can ignore the findings anyhow.  The UK is now working on its own laws and supreme courts. After some dodgy people were granted legal aid to stay in this country with the blessing of the ECHR. The right to live  VS  the right to kill and murder.

Amnesty International has been hijacked by terrorist groups around the globe.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3563 on: February 09, 2020, 05:17:59 PM »
However, the EU countries who have signed up can be held account and 'punished' qlthoughm Countries can ignore the findings anyhow.  The UK is now working on its own laws and supreme courts. After some dodgy people were granted legal aid to stay in this country with the blessing of the ECHR. The right to live  VS  the right to kill and murder.

Amnesty International has been hijacked by terrorist groups around the globe.

Its not just EU countries who are signed up to the declaration of Human Rights

Offline barrier

« Reply #3564 on: February 09, 2020, 06:12:32 PM »

Not sure amnesty's flag is one to pin to a mast.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/06/amnesty-international-has-toxic-working-culture-report-finds.

This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3565 on: February 09, 2020, 07:10:23 PM »
Its not just EU countries who are signed up to the declaration of Human Rights

I know that Davel. I have mentioned before, it was the countries of the EU who used it. I believe Russia and a couple of other non EU countries signed up. That is the reason for not wanting EU laws to be paramount to national laws.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3566 on: February 09, 2020, 07:16:55 PM »

I know that Davel. I have mentioned before, it was the countries of the EU who used it. I believe Russia and a couple of other non EU countries signed up. That is the reason for not wanting EU laws to be paramount to national laws.

It's more than a couple.. About 20

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3567 on: February 09, 2020, 07:53:39 PM »

Cite?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3568 on: February 09, 2020, 08:23:12 PM »
Cite?

Sorry I haven't taken the time to read through -  https://algarvedailynews.com/news/15722-amnesty-international-reports-on-portugal-persistent-human-rights-problems  -  there are just so many of them.

I seem to remember one from around 2007 when they expressed some amazement to finding an unusual number of, I think it was baseball bats, during inspections of police stations.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3569 on: February 09, 2020, 08:33:08 PM »
Sorry I haven't taken the time to read through -  https://algarvedailynews.com/news/15722-amnesty-international-reports-on-portugal-persistent-human-rights-problems  -  there are just so many of them.

I seem to remember one from around 2007 when they expressed some amazement to finding an unusual number of, I think it was baseball bats, during inspections of police stations.

Thank you, Brietta.  Oh Dear.  Worse than I thought.