Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530309 times)

Offline barrier

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3615 on: February 07, 2021, 07:17:04 PM »
Caveat its the brit press but its not even decided if its admissible yet.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13975731/madeleine-mccann-parents-silence-ex-cop-setback/

A spokesperson for the European Court of Human Rights told The Sun Online today: "A judge is due to rule of the admissibility of their application over the coming months.

"It is still under consideration and it is expected to be notified to the Portuguese Government by the end of April."
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3616 on: February 07, 2021, 07:24:01 PM »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13975731/madeleine-mccann-parents-silence-ex-cop-setback/

A spokesperson for the European Court of Human Rights told The Sun Online today: "A judge is due to rule of the admissibility of their application over the coming months.

"It is still under consideration and it is expected to be notified to the Portuguese Government by the end of April."

They’re going to lose it, as a punishment for Brexit, that’s my prediction.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #3617 on: February 07, 2021, 07:26:21 PM »
Odd headline grab, Wolters claims the same.

'BITTER BLOW' Madeleine McCann’s parents’ 12-year fight to silence ex-cop who claims their daughter is dead suffers setback
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3618 on: February 07, 2021, 07:56:36 PM »

I was wondering what stage things were at. Now we all know. Thank you.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3619 on: February 07, 2021, 09:17:23 PM »

It doesn't sound like it's ever going to reach the front of the queue, does it? Other more urgent cases are probably holding this relatively minor application from being dealt with.

I see Ms Kandohla still hasn't a clue what she's talking about; she's still disseminating misinformation imo. She is discussing the application to the ECHR as if it is a continuation of their campaign against Amaral imo which it isn't. It has nothing to do with payments to or from him, which should all have been settled before their application was made. They are now complaining about the Portuguese state and if they ever win it's Portugal who may pay compensation to them, no-one else. 

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3620 on: February 07, 2021, 10:00:57 PM »
And i think...based on the evidence...we can predict what the decision will be.
Its interesting that three years ago sceptics were saying teh Mcccanns would not go to the ECHR...that they had no grounds....realistically another year and there may well be some action

Almost to the day... I must be psychic

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3621 on: February 07, 2021, 10:10:41 PM »
It doesn't sound like it's ever going to reach the front of the queue, does it? Other more urgent cases are probably holding this relatively minor application from being dealt with.

I see Ms Kandohla still hasn't a clue what she's talking about; she's still disseminating misinformation imo. She is discussing the application to the ECHR as if it is a continuation of their campaign against Amaral imo which it isn't. It has nothing to do with payments to or from him, which should all have been settled before their application was made. They are now complaining about the Portuguese state and if they ever win it's Portugal who may pay compensation to them, no-one else.
So have the McCanns already handed over the contents of the fund to Amaral?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3622 on: February 07, 2021, 10:33:06 PM »
So have the McCanns already handed over the contents of the fund to Amaral?

Was it ever true that the McCanns would have to hand over the contents of the Fund to Amaral, or was it a rumour put about previously by another contributor to the Sun? He mentioned an award to Amaral of £430,000, but I've no idea what he was talking about.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3623 on: February 07, 2021, 11:46:36 PM »
Was it ever true that the McCanns would have to hand over the contents of the Fund to Amaral, or was it a rumour put about previously by another contributor to the Sun? He mentioned an award to Amaral of £430,000, but I've no idea what he was talking about.
So you don’t believe the McCanns have or will ever have to pay Amaral’s costs or compensation?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3624 on: February 08, 2021, 12:19:54 AM »
So you don’t believe the McCanns have or will ever have to pay Amaral’s costs or compensation?

I know that the Portuguese Courts ordered the McCanns to pay the costs of those they sued. I have seen no evidence that any of those they sued requested or were granted any compensation. I believe that applicants should pay anything they owe to national courts before they apply the ECHR.

My opinion, based on my knowledge above, is that the McCanns owe nothing to anyone at this point in time. If, at some point in the future they win their case against Portugal they may get a payment out of that. If they lose they will owe their lawyers for whatever work they bill them for. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3625 on: February 08, 2021, 06:11:17 AM »
What's the fund got to do with it, it's McCann and Healey v Portugal not the fund v Portugal.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3626 on: February 08, 2021, 07:07:32 AM »
And i think...based on the evidence...we can predict what the decision will be.
Its interesting that three years ago sceptics were saying teh Mcccanns would not go to the ECHR...that they had no grounds....realistically another year and there may well be some action
But there hasn't been any action, and that was the point of the article.  So you fail as a psychic once again.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3627 on: February 08, 2021, 07:17:26 AM »
What's the fund got to do with it, it's McCann and Healey v Portugal not the fund v Portugal.
The Fund is mentioned in the article you brought to the forum for discussion. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3628 on: February 08, 2021, 08:21:23 AM »
I know that the Portuguese Courts ordered the McCanns to pay the costs of those they sued. I have seen no evidence that any of those they sued requested or were granted any compensation. I believe that applicants should pay anything they owe to national courts before they apply the ECHR.

My opinion, based on my knowledge above, is that the McCanns owe nothing to anyone at this point in time. If, at some point in the future they win their case against Portugal they may get a payment out of that. If they lose they will owe their lawyers for whatever work they bill them for.

Amaral didn't pay anything to The McCanns before he appealed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3629 on: February 08, 2021, 08:29:20 AM »
But there hasn't been any action, and that was the point of the article.  So you fail as a psychic once again.
It's a joke taking the micky out of psychics. No psychic has ever genuinely succeeded either

I could argue this statement in the Sun... And the article in the sun is action. That's how so called psychics work.. Making facts fit their predictions
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 08:43:47 AM by Davel »