Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530346 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3705 on: February 08, 2021, 08:25:44 PM »
You can’t libel anonymous individuals on the internet.
Who said?  I felt Davel was pointing the finger back at posters here on this forum.  So they aren't really that anonymous are they, as we all registered to join.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3706 on: February 08, 2021, 08:38:23 PM »
Who said?  I felt Davel was pointing the finger back at posters here on this forum.  So they aren't really that anonymous are they, as we all registered to join.

Nonsense.  Registered with false names mostly.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3707 on: February 08, 2021, 08:41:06 PM »
Nonsense.  Registered with false names mostly.
Well, I didn't.  Did you register with a false name?  How can you make a claim like that? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3708 on: February 08, 2021, 08:53:02 PM »
Well, I didn't.  Did you register with a false name?  How can you make a claim like that?

You only have to supply a User Name and an email address.  My email address contains my real name and Eleanor is one of my real names..

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3709 on: February 08, 2021, 09:02:35 PM »
How can you damage someone’s reputation if no one knows who you’re talking about?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3710 on: February 08, 2021, 09:05:02 PM »

Most people on this Site are anonymous.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3711 on: February 08, 2021, 09:31:22 PM »
Most people on this Site are anonymous.
But that doesn't give members the right to libel others, does it?    Well, The question was originally directed to Davel, and one day he might reply himself.
I half pie predict that it will be some over the top rant about something I have done, giving him the excuse of not answering my question.  That is my prediction.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3712 on: February 08, 2021, 09:33:24 PM »
How can you damage someone’s reputation if no one knows who you’re talking about?
You could be damaging everyone's reputation, IMO. 

eg http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8465.msg639442#msg639442  Painting a lot people with the same brush with a stroke of a pen or keyboard.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 09:39:42 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3713 on: February 08, 2021, 10:03:46 PM »
a couple of posters here seem to believe its true

Maybe, maybe not. Often people pretend to believe things just to annoy others imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3714 on: February 08, 2021, 10:17:53 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. Often people pretend to believe things just to annoy others imo.

I seem to remember two posters who have said the SC stated the McCanns have not been proven innocent... Both seemed quite sincere

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3715 on: February 08, 2021, 10:32:07 PM »
I seem to remember two posters who have said the SC stated the McCanns have not been proven innocent... Both seemed quite sincere

It's true that this passage occurs in the SC judgement;

We believe that the main damage was caused to the McCann, who lost the possibility to prove what they have protested since they were constituted arguidos: their innocence in relation to the fateful event.
Page 23 http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.0

They aren't the words or thoughts of the SC judges, however, it's a quote taken from the archiving document.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3716 on: February 08, 2021, 10:34:16 PM »
It's true that this passage occurs in the SC judgement;

We believe that the main damage was caused to the McCann, who lost the possibility to prove what they have protested since they were constituted arguidos: their innocence in relation to the fateful event.
Page 23 http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.0

They aren't the words or thoughts of the SC judges, however, it's a quote taken from the archiving document.

I'm well aware of that... It seems some are not.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3717 on: February 08, 2021, 11:15:28 PM »
My point is that as Amaral was found not guilty of libelling the McCanns by the highest court in Portugal it cannot be stated here as a fact that he did libel the McCanns.
Cite please - third request.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3718 on: February 09, 2021, 12:01:12 AM »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3719 on: February 09, 2021, 07:10:31 AM »
In a lengthy ruling on Tuesday, Amaral was found guilty of libelling the pair
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/28/madeleine-mccann-parents-win-libel-damages-goncalo-amaral-trial#:~:text=Madeleine%20McCann's%20parents%20win%20libel%20damages%20in%20trial%20of%20police%20chief,-This%20article%20is&text=In%20a%20lengthy%20ruling%20on,the%20Truth%20of%20the%20Lie.

That was the initial finding, therefore it stands to reason that both appeal courts found him not guilty of libelling the pair.
I don’t think it “stand to reason” at all unless you can find the specific judgement which states no libel was commited?