Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530379 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3855 on: February 10, 2021, 12:53:14 PM »
the ECHR is concerned specifically with the contents of the book and video

Well right now -  you don't know whether the ECHR are interested or not

Let's face it it could be thrown out ...so its wrong to claim your post as a fact.

read the 123 pages on admissibility and let me know why you think it wont be admitted

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3856 on: February 10, 2021, 12:53:53 PM »
So it wouldn't distress you or cause you any anxiety to have an ex-cop make a living out of publicly accusing you of committing such heinous acts?  You'd just feel a bit cross?

Anger isn't a bit cross.

If I was innocent of any wrongdoing ...I would have more on my mind than what a cop thought.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3857 on: February 10, 2021, 12:57:02 PM »
read the 123 pages on admissibility and let me know why you think it wont be admitted

No thanks.

I will wait to see if it accepted or not by ECHR....pointless speculating when "you" don't know the outcome YET.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3858 on: February 10, 2021, 12:58:28 PM »
Of course they were upset. To misquote Uhtred, "image is everything" to the McCanns.  IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #3859 on: February 10, 2021, 12:58:45 PM »
As most of you know, I lost my first born, my son aged 9, to brain cancer.   I know what it means to lose a dearly loved part of yourself and your family, but I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to lose a child and not know what is/has happened to her/him.  To desperately worry incessantly about what might be happening to her/him.  They were beginning to climb out of their depression thanks to support from almost everyone + working hard at finding Madeleine  (i.e.  Hope at finding her)

As someone who has suffered one fairly major and one minor breakdowns, I can assure you that it is "the straw that breaks the camels back".   One can be coping well with a multiple problems situation when something extra suddenly blows the lot and one drops into breakdown.

This "straw" from Amaral was a mighty one and had several aspects to it:
1)  Insinuating that The Mccanns were bad parents
2)  Insinuating that they killed Madeleine
3)  Stating that Madeleine was dead
4)  ETC.

It appeared that it was intended to break the amazingly strong parents and worse still to stop people searching for Madeleine.   Whose going to burst their guts searching for a dead child? 

And this came from the top cop on the case, so people were going to listen to it.  All the already fragile Mccanns hopes smashed in one grubby money making book of lies.

Not only did it defame them but it also told lies seemingly designed both to demean The Mccanns (in a major way), to undermine the search, and stop people looking for Madeleine

Of course it damaged them immensely.  Sorry Kizzy, but it is absurd to think anything else IMO from experience

What an evil thing to do.  And one has to ask why?  There has to be a reason

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3860 on: February 10, 2021, 01:13:15 PM »
The ECHR action concerns how amarals book and video damaged their reputation.. Nothing else

He repeated what others had already said, as the first judge noticed;

the thesis that the minor died accidentally in the apartment and that this fact was hidden by her parents, who spread and fed, in order to deceive, an hypothesis of abduction, is not new, there's nothing new neither in the book, in the interview or in the documentary.

This theory of the facts comes from the own investigation, it is shaped in the chief inspector Tavares de Almeida's report (No. 9), it was an avenue pursued by the investigation (paragraphs 10 and 11), it determined the constitution of the claimants Gerald and Kate McCann as arguidos and was put within the reach of the media, and soon of the general public through a copy of the inquest (paragraphs 65 and 66) .
Page 34 http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

So how come she ruled for the McCanns? By saying that Amaral's freedom of expression was limited by his status as a retired PJ officer.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3861 on: February 10, 2021, 01:14:40 PM »
Anger isn't a bit cross.

If I was innocent of any wrongdoing ...I would have more on my mind than what a cop thought.

I think they expected Amaral to fold at just the thought of an expensive court case as several individuals and newspapers had already done. I often wonder if they had known how their case would actually promote his book whether the parents would have taken the same course. The whole legal process seems to have frustrated and upset them immensely and, after all the money spent from the fund, offered nothing but more damage to their reputations.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3862 on: February 10, 2021, 01:33:35 PM »
As most of you know, I lost my first born, my son aged 9, to brain cancer.   I know what it means to lose a dearly loved part of yourself and your family, but I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to lose a child and not know what is/has happened to her/him.  To desperately worry incessantly about what might be happening to her/him.  They were beginning to climb out of their depression thanks to support from almost everyone + working hard at finding Madeleine  (i.e.  Hope at finding her)

As someone who has suffered one fairly major and one minor breakdowns, I can assure you that it is "the straw that breaks the camels back".   One can be coping well with a multiple problems situation when something extra suddenly blows the lot and one drops into breakdown.

4)  ETC.

It appeared that it was intended to break the amazingly strong parents and worse still to stop people searching for Madeleine.   Whose going to burst their guts searching for a dead child? 

And this came from the top cop on the case, so people were going to listen to it.  All the already fragile Mccanns hopes smashed in one grubby money making book of lies.

Not only did it defame them but it also told lies seemingly designed both to demean The Mccanns (in a major way), to undermine the search, and stop people looking for Madeleine

Of course it damaged them immensely.  Sorry Kizzy, but it is absurd to think anything else IMO from experience

It may well be that Amaral's book, DVD and interview made their suffering worse, but they failed to prove it. Where is the evidence of how things changed after the release of those items?

The judge dismissed their claim that Amaral's actions affected the search for their daughter, by the way. She ordered payment to the parents for the harm they suffered, nothing else.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3863 on: February 10, 2021, 01:42:44 PM »
I think they expected Amaral to fold at just the thought of an expensive court case as several individuals and newspapers had already done. I often wonder if they had known how their case would actually promote his book whether the parents would have taken the same course. The whole legal process seems to have frustrated and upset them immensely and, after all the money spent from the fund, offered nothing but more damage to their reputations.

It certainly served to educate people that, despite the McCann's insistence that it was a fact, the abduction was just a theory and that others existed.
Result = happy posting.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3864 on: February 10, 2021, 01:47:11 PM »

4)  ETC.

Sorry Kizzy, but it is absurd to think anything else IMO from experience

No problem Sadie no need to apologise- you have a right to your opinion same as us all 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3865 on: February 10, 2021, 01:50:06 PM »
It certainly served to educate people that, despite the McCann's insistence that it was a fact, the abduction was just a theory and that others existed.
Oh right, so are you're saying that without the court case no one would have considered any other possibility than abduction? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3866 on: February 10, 2021, 02:05:05 PM »
It may well be that Amaral's book, DVD and interview made their suffering worse, but they failed to prove it. Where is the evidence of how things changed after the release of those items?

The judge dismissed their claim that Amaral's actions affected the search for their daughter, by the way. She ordered payment to the parents for the harm they suffered, nothing else.
If they failed to prove the harm why did the judge in the first instance recognise the harm the parents had suffered? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3867 on: February 10, 2021, 02:09:55 PM »
If they failed to prove the harm why did the judge in the first instance recognise the harm the parents had suffered?

These Judges of The First Instance are a waste of space, doncha know.  I don't know why Portugal bothers with them at all, at all.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3868 on: February 10, 2021, 02:10:33 PM »

4)  ETC.

Hi Sadie. I was aware you lost your child to a brain tumour. How sad.. My brother went through the same. It's something you come to terms with but never get over. You don't seem to be getting much sympathy here.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #3869 on: February 10, 2021, 02:12:42 PM »

Not forgetting the harm Maddie suffered whatever happened because of the mccs actions.

IMO reputation has always come first with them ...seems ECHR might just recognise that IMO