Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530375 times)

Offline Lace

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4140 on: February 12, 2021, 12:00:32 PM »
It maybe that he wrote the book to portray his role in the affair. The money might be considered as incidental, as it was with Kate's book.

'Incidental'.  okaaay.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4141 on: February 12, 2021, 12:09:25 PM »
There were two Mortgages to Mortgage Companies on properties bought and or rolled over by Amaral and his wife.  And some other things that I can't specifically remember, possibly The Jaguar which appeared to have been repossessed, having been bought in the name of a company registered to Amaral which owned nothing else.

Amaral did apparently owe a lot of money at the time, going back to 2002, after a Court case with his brother which Amaral lost.  For an Inspector in The PJ this was not good.  So of course it was of interest.

In my opinion a senior police officer obviously living beyond his means resulting in substantial debt is very much a cause for concern whatever jurisdiction he happens to be from.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #4142 on: February 12, 2021, 12:10:36 PM »

'Incidental'.  okaaay.

That it is available free of charge on the internet suggests to me that money is not his prime motivator.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4143 on: February 12, 2021, 12:22:01 PM »
It maybe that he wrote the book to portray his role in the affair. The money might be considered as incidental, as it was with Kate's book.

Kate's book was written for the specific purpose of raising money for Madeleine's fund to enable the search for Madeleine to continue.
At the time no-one was looking for that little girl and hadn't been since the archiving of her case in 2008 ... only her parents were.
They raised money not for diamond ear studs or Jaguar cars ... they needed money to finance their desperate search for Madelaine.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4144 on: February 12, 2021, 12:24:20 PM »
In my opinion a senior police officer obviously living beyond his means resulting in substantial debt is very much a cause for concern whatever jurisdiction he happens to be from.

That is probably half of most police forces....in fact most workforces.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4145 on: February 12, 2021, 12:24:46 PM »
That it is available free of charge on the internet suggests to me that money is not his prime motivator.

Did he do that?  Didn't know his pen name is Anna Esse.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4146 on: February 12, 2021, 12:28:27 PM »

Exactly.  And this information was all over The Internet at the time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4147 on: February 12, 2021, 12:29:17 PM »
Did he do that?  Didn't know his pen name is Anna Esse.

I didn't say He made it available, but if he objected he would have done something about it - IMO
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4148 on: February 12, 2021, 12:30:26 PM »

Amaral had already Coined in many thousands by then.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4149 on: February 12, 2021, 12:31:35 PM »
Amaral had already Coined in many thousands by then.

So? Do you see this as a problem ?

Or maybe not -

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4150 on: February 12, 2021, 12:32:24 PM »
Kate's book was written for the specific purpose of raising money for Madeleine's fund to enable the search for Madeleine to continue.
At the time no-one was looking for that little girl and hadn't been since the archiving of her case in 2008 ... only her parents were.
They raised money not for diamond ear studs or Jaguar cars ... they needed money to finance their desperate search for Madelaine.

You're missing the IMO from this post.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4151 on: February 12, 2021, 12:36:16 PM »
So? Do you see this as a problem ?

I am not obliged to answer your silly questions.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4152 on: February 12, 2021, 12:37:44 PM »
LOL.  Did Amaral give permission for his book to be published for free on the internet?  If so please provide a cite.  also, was it available for free from Day One of publication, or only after he'd made his big sack of cash?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #4153 on: February 12, 2021, 12:38:30 PM »
I am not obliged to answer your silly questions.

True, but it suggests  to me that you haven't really an answer beyond your intense dislike for Amaral.

Or maybe not -

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4154 on: February 12, 2021, 12:39:27 PM »

Well, that's your opinion.

I believe it was also to get her account of what she said happened across also. that's my opinion of the book she wrote.

Kill to birds with one stone as they say imo