Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530353 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4230 on: February 18, 2021, 08:14:44 PM »
Does low level suggest that it won't go any further, or it's low priority in coming before the court ?

Neither

Offline barrier

« Reply #4231 on: February 18, 2021, 08:15:59 PM »
Does low level suggest that it won't go any further, or it's low priority in coming before the court ?

Its of little legal interest it seems, what ever that means and to whom ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4232 on: February 18, 2021, 08:16:35 PM »
Neither

Then what do you think low importance means?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4233 on: February 18, 2021, 08:18:27 PM »
It explains what it means.. Of little legal interest... Existing case law applies.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4234 on: February 18, 2021, 08:21:23 PM »
I think it looks very good for the McCanns... We will see

Offline barrier

« Reply #4235 on: February 19, 2021, 05:53:55 AM »
I think it looks very good for the McCanns... We will see
To What end ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4236 on: February 19, 2021, 08:14:46 AM »
To What end ?
If it goes well I believe the McCanns hope they won't have to pay all the costs that they would be liable for.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4237 on: February 19, 2021, 09:36:56 AM »
If it goes well I believe the McCanns hope they won't have to pay all the costs that they would be liable for.

The costs which they were ordered to pay by the Portuguese courts will not be affected by anything the ECHR decides. They sued Amaral et al and they lost, so they have to pay the costs of those they sued.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4238 on: February 19, 2021, 09:41:31 AM »
The costs which they were ordered to pay by the Portuguese courts will not be affected by anything the ECHR decides. They sued Amaral et al and they lost, so they have to pay the costs of those they sued.

Do they?  May we have a Cite for that.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4239 on: February 19, 2021, 09:46:29 AM »
Maybe, but could they counterclaim any action to take the money off them if they win their case in the ECHR?  It's a new one on me, but if the ECHR said the ruling of the SC was wrong, I wouldn't pay either.   Maybe they won't get the money that Amaral should pay them but it will better than paying him.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4240 on: February 19, 2021, 10:00:20 AM »
And what if (emboldened by an ECHR ruling in their favour) they refuse?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #4241 on: February 19, 2021, 10:02:20 AM »
Maybe, but could they counterclaim any action to take the money off them if they win their case in the ECHR?  It's a new one on me, but if the ECHR said the ruling of the SC was wrong, I wouldn't pay either.   Maybe they won't get the money that Amaral should pay them but it will better than paying him.

Who would they counterclaim against ?

They'd be lucky not to  be held in contempt of court if they refuse to pay costs awarded by the Portuguese court.

IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4242 on: February 19, 2021, 10:06:11 AM »

Davel?  He's the only one who seems to know anything about this.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4243 on: February 19, 2021, 10:10:46 AM »

They'd be lucky not to  be held in contempt of court if they refuse to pay costs awarded by the Portuguese court.

IMO
Why haven't they been paid already? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4244 on: February 19, 2021, 10:23:20 AM »

IMO
It is already years old?
Moderation